Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felipe, you have cornerstorecomics, monstersinmotion, and sideshow collectibles near you... SO AWESOME!!!!!! I just have local comic book stores here, and they have next to nothing when it comes to collectibles.

:mad: They're not TOYS!!!! :lol

you missed it...
its in very fine print 'collectible toys'

:D

Felipe, you have cornerstorecomics, monstersinmotion, and sideshow collectibles near you... SO AWESOME!!!!!! I just have local comic book stores here, and they have next to nothing when it comes to collectibles

Yea, Neehar..
talk about extremely dangerous! ha!
There's also a few places in the local malls that sell SSC stuff (but very overpriced).

They finally shipped mine out today ETA is next Wed. I'm at all the pics so far. MORE!!!

CONGRATS!
You're gonna love it :cool:

Good LORD Felmar.... Unreal collection man!

Sideshow leads the way IMO no doubt about it.

I favor the "clean" combat version from Sideshow. (Use nailpolish remover on the combat to get it to chrome) I like this for two reasons:

1) A combat will run you $5-600 whereas a clean is costing around $13-1500 at this point.

2) The clean endo gives off a rainbow luster from the chrome that just doesn't appeal to me. I mean, it's not "bad" but I'm just not a fan of the rainbow. A "clean" combat however, does not give off the rainbow effect.

Good LORD Felmar.... Unreal collection man!

Sideshow leads the way IMO no doubt about it.

I favor the "clean" combat version from Sideshow. (Use nailpolish remover on the combat to get it to chrome) I like this for two reasons:

1) A combat will run you $5-600 whereas a clean is costing around $13-1500 at this point.

2) The clean endo gives off a rainbow luster from the chrome that just doesn't appeal to me. I mean, it's not "bad" but I'm just not a fan of the rainbow. A "clean" combat however, does not give off the rainbow effect.

Thanks!

Great info...
I have a few questions about the nailpolish remover...it won't damage the skull at all? Do you have to apply a lot of pressure when removing it or does the weathering come off pretty easily?

mine is the HCG clean version.

DSC_0028.jpg

Thanks!

Great info...
I have a few questions about the nailpolish remover...it won't damage the skull at all? Do you have to apply a lot of pressure when removing it or does the weathering come off pretty easily?

Mine is still in the mail on it's way, however, I got all of this information (w/pics) from statueforum.com

Maybe I'll do up a youtube video on it once I get started. They say it takes anywhere from 2-8 hours to get it nice. I plan on taking 12 hours just to do it right. Gotta be meticulous about something like this!

I also ordered mine at Secret Compass and was promised it would ship this week (to the Netherlands) so.... Fingers crossed and prey for quick delivery! Can't wait!

how good is secret compass to deal with? he has a pre order item i want but i dont wanna lose money by paying in advance and it never showing

secretcompass is ok. But they kept my advance payment when the item did not come in for a few months. They have good communication, but sometimes give false info on when an item should arrive. They gave me many different dates on a preorder and that pissed me off a bit.

Mine is still in the mail on it's way, however, I got all of this information (w/pics) from statueforum.com

Maybe I'll do up a youtube video on it once I get started. They say it takes anywhere from 2-8 hours to get it nice. I plan on taking 12 hours just to do it right. Gotta be meticulous about something like this!

Nice!
let us know if you do end up doing a video...that would be great to see :cool:

how good is secret compass to deal with? he has a pre order item i want but i dont wanna lose money by paying in advance and it never showing

I've ordered several items from them...they communicate extremely well...you'll get a response back every time and within a day. There is a small deposit to pay for pre-order items...its not much and I think you can ask for it back if the item you ordered doesn't arrive on time.
Like TerminatorFan mentioned- they aren't always on top of when something will be in stock...but that happens with a lot of places and this endoskull is one that many places are dealing with delays.

yeah, I pre-ordered from them around early Dec and they told me within 30 days. I was really hesitant about giving them the deposit, even though I'd save $50 buying from them. Had a couple back & forth e-mails about their delivery date/my deposit, but they always did reply within a couple hours or even within minutes most of the time and they sent mine out earlier this morning.

Hoping for the best when mine arrive next week. will post pics asap

yeah, I pre-ordered from them around early Dec and they told me within 30 days. I was really hesitant about giving them the deposit, even though I'd save $50 buying from them. Had a couple back & forth e-mails about their delivery date/my deposit, but they always did reply within a couple hours or even within minutes most of the time and they sent mine out earlier this morning.

Hoping for the best when mine arrive next week. will post pics asap

Sounds good!

hope it arrives quickly...please post pics when you get it :cool:

I did buy the wolf bust from them and got a good deal too :banana

same thing here. they are solid on their response to get back to you. but not entirely true on when you are going to get it. i bought my ironman bust from them, and when i was suppose to get it, changed 5 times. and it arrived yesterday. secret compass is solid, but it might take awhile.

Hello everyone, to include Secret Compass customers past and present:

One of our customers sent me a link to this and I'd like to make a few comments. First off, thanks for everyone's praise! We are collectors ourselves and I would like to reiterate our committment to the community, both as Authorized Dealers and as fans and collectors ourselves. Personally, I have many of Sideshow's awesome pieces in my own personal collection. I wait the wait right along side many of you! I do want to address the apparent concern with our release of false information in terms of release dates. As I have told many of our customers, the release dates for high end limited edition collectibles change with the wind based on manufacturing schedules and quality control, and we can only report what is being reported to us. If our rep at Sideshow says "30 days", we'll tell our customers "30 days". If the product isn't ready after 30 days, what can we do? We can only pass on this latest status to the customers. So, in response to the person who mentioned that we changed the delivery date for the Iron Man bust "5 times"--- that's because the official release date actually changed 5 times. Anyone who monitored Sideshow's website as a direct customer can tell you that the date changed 5 times as well. There's nothing dishonest or underhanded in reporting what is being reported to us, it's not like we purposely give false dates. Please try and remember-- and many of you have heard me say this before--- we're talking about limited edition high end museum quality replicas, not mass produced plastic action figures. These things take time to bring to market, and there are often delays. If you can't wait like the rest of us, then maybe this part of the collectibles world is not for you. I'm standing in line as a customer right along side you and if the product isn't ready, the product isn't ready. That doesn't change my desire to acquire the piece, and we would hope that it doesn't change yours either. Also... as an Authorized Dealer and as a collector myself, this does have drawbacks!!! I often times don't get what I want until every pre-sale customer gets their order fillrd, meaning while all of you are unwrapping your Endoskulls, I'm STILL waiting :((((((((. We have never had a surplus on this product and I'm still waiting to keep and unwrap one for my collection.
OK... this has been a rather long post but I wanted to take the time to reiterate our commitment to our customers, both as an Authorized Dealer and as a collector and fan myself. Your pre-sale orders are safe with us; as always you are guaranteed 100% to get the piece or your money back, 100%. Sideshow has been late (for the reasons mentioned) but they have never let us down. They deliver QUALITY products when they deliver and that's why we're all fans, and that's what gets us jazzed when they put out new products. We have been Authorized Dealers for the past 5 years and our track record speaks for itself. If anyone wants to communicate with me personally, you can find me at [email protected]. I'm online most of the day, every day, immersed in bringing high end products to our fellow collectors or reading up on the lore that makes some of these stories we all love so great.
Take Care Everyone!!
-shane
Secret Compass Team​

Shane-

thanks for the post and the info provided :wave

Its very nice to see stores/dealers post on these boards too!

Very sorry you haven't been able to keep an endoskull for yourself yet :(
I'd love to see what kind of goodies you have in your collection!
Again, nice to see you here :rock

thanks secret compass for your post too. i know now that i should of looked at the source to see what might be causing the delay, instead of blaming the person i buy from. and at times it is very frusterating. so i apologize for that. but all and all, secret compass is SOLID! as i said before. and great at replies!

Back