Emma Frost Hellfire Club Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly what Josh said. Disney is trying to drastically decrease or eliminate any products from the X-Men or F4. It's Disney's attempt to decrease overall exposure and appeal of those franchises in hopes the Fox movies tank so they can get the rights back.

I think Disney will get the rights back to the FF

I'd assume if one tanks, the other would pretty much join the ride. I don't see Fox saying; okay here is FF back, we still want X-Men.

Either way, I think it is childish of Disney, considering how much money they could have offered to get back instead of being a **** about it; however I'd rather they get the rights back because I want to see some characters on the big screen with Spidey, Cap, and Iron Man.

Would have loved a Kitty PF. :(

On a more brighter note, I got charged the NRD; so I'm locked in on this sexy mama. :drool

It'll backfire. If I was Fox I'd never sell it. They've barely scratched the surface with the deep potential of the X verse

I think Disney will get the rights back to the FF

If based on the way this upcoming F4 movie looks I'd agree. X-Men will be hard to get back.
I agree on both counts. I think they'll get FF back but not in time for what they want it for. I think Fox will do that just to spite them.
I'd assume if one tanks, the other would pretty much join the ride. I don't see Fox saying; okay here is FF back, we still want X-Men.

Either way, I think it is childish of Disney, considering how much money they could have offered to get back instead of being a **** about it; however I'd rather they get the rights back because I want to see some characters on the big screen with Spidey, Cap, and Iron Man.

Would have loved a Kitty PF. :(

On a more brighter note, I got charged the NRD; so I'm locked in on this sexy mama. :drool
Not really the X-men franchuse was re-invigorated by First Class and Days of Future Past. One can argue the FF films have never been as successful. And the way this new film is pissing fans offvI doubt it does well.

Don't think this is just Disney either, Fox has been just as bo e headed. Disney offered to extend Fox's Daredevil rights for joint use of Galactus, Silver Surfer and the Watcher, much like the shared use Spider-man with Sony, and Fox refused.
Personally I think x men is a much bigger franchise than FF
Has been for a long time, since the late 70's really. But a "good" film could go a long way to bringing them back, maybe not quite to X-men levels, but at least in line with other properties.

Look at Iron Man, he wasn't exactly marquee before that first awesome film hit

Yeah, believe me I know - Just one of those reveries I'm sure we all of us have when it comes to collectables and what we would love to see.

I remember there were pics of this piece unpainted and showing that her legs were connected together at her thighs where they meet her boots. For those with experience, how difficult would it be to dis-attach her lower leg from her thighs?

Can this be done without breaking her legs? Or it just can't be done without causing some damage?

There's something that always felt off about this one, so I've held off pre-ordering. But with the Disney "lockdown", I'm not sure I'll see anything else in the near future. So I'm thinking of diving in. Not a fan of the ex, but still have interest in the regular. I hope it turns out well.

I agree that this might be one of the last X-Men statues that we'll get for a long time.

It's just that I still don't like how her legs are too skinny and too short with respect to her upper body. That's why I'm trying to see if I can modify her legs if I get this piece.

I agree that this might be one of the last X-Men statues that we'll get for a long time.

It's just that I still don't like how her legs are too skinny and too short with respect to her upper body. That's why I'm trying to see if I can modify her legs if I get this piece.

That's the long tall skinny legs like Michael turners art style in the comic with fathom. :lol

Look at Iron Man, he wasn't exactly marquee before that first awesome film hit

so true.

Anyway I'm not sure a bad movie will revert rights back to Marvel Studios. Both FF and X-Men have already had bad movies and it changed nothing. Both franchises would seriously need to tank beyond the occasional bad movie for anything to change. All Fox needs to do is get movies done within their time schedule to keep the movie rights and make profits from the films. Im sure they care about critical acclaim and popularity but critical acclaim and popularity don't affect them keeping the movie rights.

People often cite the Spider-Man deal, but Sony still has those rights, they're just in an agreement with Marvel. I think it'd be beneficial to Fox to work out some similar agreement of Marvel is willing. But X-Men, although mega popular, they're not Spider-Man. Seems Marvel wants all or nothing.

so true.

Anyway I'm not sure a bad movie will revert rights back to Marvel Studios. Both FF and X-Men have already had bad movies and it changed nothing. Both franchises would seriously need to tank beyond the occasional bad movie for anything to change. All Fox needs to do is get movies done within their time schedule to keep the movie rights and make profits from the films. Im sure they care about critical acclaim and popularity but critical acclaim and popularity don't affect them keeping the movie rights.

People often cite the Spider-Man deal, but Sony still has those rights, they're just in an agreement with Marvel. I think it'd be beneficial to Fox to work out some similar agreement of Marvel is willing. But X-Men, although mega popular, they're not Spider-Man. Seems Marvel wants all or nothing.

Well no, we can say "bad" movie all we want but a Bad film isn't going to change anything. The only thing that will revert the rights back to marvel is if one or both of properties become unprofitable to them. Now I don't see that happening with X-men, even though the Last Stand was a horrible film it made tons of money.

Fantastic Four however was already on the decline after just two films. There was a substantial drop in revenue from the First to second film even with the introduction of the Silver Surfer. I think if this FF film tanks both financially and in popularity it'll be time for Fox to just let it go.

But if Marvel wants the X-men back, you're absolutely right, it's going to have to be a deal like with they did with Sony.

Back