Emma Frost comiquette replacement bonfire video

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poisonous

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Decided to do something different then the ol' smasharoo...perhaps over the top, but WTH. Video is going to Cindy now lol.

Enjoy gents...

Burn Witch Burn!

On a sidenote, even the replacement for this one came flawed and i will opt for a refund. Tired of all the returns/breaking statues. Have 4 statues more the break...QC eh...

At least Cindy takes care of us.

I have one of these statue coming in the mail. What type of damage should I be looking out for? Was the problem always the same on yours?

I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

No one expects the Spanish inquisition !!!

Our chief weapon is surprise . . . surprise and fear . . .

tt3.jpg

Decided to do something different then the ol' smasharoo...perhaps over the top, but WTH. Video is going to Cindy now lol.

Enjoy gents...

Burn Witch Burn!

On a sidenote, even the replacement for this one came flawed and i will opt for a refund. Tired of all the returns/breaking statues. Have 4 statues more the break...QC eh...

At least Cindy takes care of us.

no wonder the wait list died. people replacing statues, yet are never able to get a 'perfect' one. if you look real close, EVERYTHING you own is flawed in one way or another. you're on your way to your first stroke. :lol

no wonder the wait list died. people replacing statues, yet are never able to get a 'perfect' one. if you look real close, EVERYTHING you own is flawed in one way or another. you're on your way to your first stroke. :lol

None of my other statues have fingerprints in the paint :rolleyes:

If you could live with that, good for you :cool:

I pretty much agree with this 100%. That's not to say this Emma wasn't messed up with finger prints in the paint and it they were obvious I'd have returned it too.

I will say I think some people tend yo get a piece and literally put it under a microscope and search for things that may or may not be flaws. Just about every piece has some sort of flaw somewhere. A paint chip you never noticed, a spot missed while paintng, a super fine hairline crack....something is usually flawed somewhere on most statues.

If as a collector anyone is expecting total PERFECTION in every piece then they probably won't own many pieces.

I pretty much agree with this 100%. That's not to say this Emma wasn't messed up with finger prints in the paint and it they were obvious I'd have returned it too.

I will say I think some people tend yo get a piece and literally put it under a microscope and search for things that may or may not be flaws. Just about every piece has some sort of flaw somewhere. A paint chip you never noticed, a spot missed while paintng, a super fine hairline crack....something is usually flawed somewhere on most statues.

If as a collector anyone is expecting total PERFECTION in every piece then they probably won't own many pieces.

Unfortunately, SS's factory QC have let quite a lot of pieces pass that you hardly needed a microscope to spot right away. Breakage, torn fabric, fingerprints in the paint the lenght of half a finger, lightsabers not working and battery hatches missing to name a few. I wish these were just "small imperfections" but sadly they are not and things are far more worse then ever before.

Unfortunately, SS's factory QC have let quite a lot of pieces pass that you hardly needed a microscope to spot right away. Breakage, torn fabric, fingerprints in the paint the lenght of half a finger, lightsabers not working and battery hatches missing to name a few. I wish these were just "small imperfections" but sadly they are not and things are far more worse then ever before.

No need to defend yourself GM, it's your money and their policy --- I for one am glad it exists! :duff :rock

None of my other statues have fingerprints in the paint :rolleyes:

If you could live with that, good for you :cool:

fingerprints on both the original and the replacement? what are the odds? just sayin' some wouldn't mind having a fingerprint, as opposed to an inflated price on ebay or none at all. did you know that statistics say 10% of the public cannot be satisfied when buying a product or service no matter what is done to appease them? 10%.

you won't be happy when your left side is numb and you *hit yourself.

just sayin'. :lol:lol:lol

fingerprints on both the original and the replacement? what are the odds?

With SS QC, obviously and unfortunately big enough.

SS pieces make out a very small percentage of my collection and i've hardly ever had any problems with the QC of other companies and those pieces still have plenty of small imperfections.

So i wouldn't worry to much about me having a stroke or anything like that and if i were you i'd worry more about the future of Sideshows QC.

At one point in the video,when her skin change color she looked like Mystique...a black Mystique....:lol

But seriously,I kinda find dumb the politic where you have to destroy a statue just for some fingerprints in the paint....Just a small paint touch up could have save that poor Emma.

I do not want to have to touch up my statues as much and as far as these large fingerprints go neither could i do a good job enough to even warrant a try. If you would and could, fine good for you, but that doesn't mean everyone can or would want to.

Just settle with the fact that not everyone have the same mentality regarding flaws. I for one don't like my statues with missing parts or flaws that i would have to fix or re-paint beyond my capabilities to be happy with my purchase. None of the peces in my collection are "perfect" and neither should anyone ever expect a piece to be, but i draw my line at some point. To each his own. Simple as that.

I wasnt aiming this at you...I was just sayin that Sideshow's politic of destroying a statue is stupid.They should ask people to send the statues back..and then have a division where they do pro touch up on their statues...maybe directly at their office.

I wasnt aiming this at you...I was just sayin that Sideshow's politic of destroying a statue is stupid.They should ask people to send the statues back..and then have a division where they do pro touch up on their statues...maybe directly at their office.

Misunderstood you and i agree with you 100%. It will be difficult to destroy the Frankie bust that came with the backportion of the suit/jacket torn up. It's beyond me how that could even have happened during shipping and if it happened at the factory then how on earth did it pass QC? I've thought about how i could fix it myself but neither me or my gf are that good at sewing i'm afraid lol. Such a waste when the head itself is ok.

If not sending it back then i wish i could just keep the replacement and at least practice my airbrush skills on it or something, anything.

Back