Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, the conversation with...

Spoiler Spoiler:

was the longest, most boring thing I've ever had to sit through. It was WAY worse then watching golf on tv.:mad:

So I'm starting a pure mage character (first character at 80hours and only level 38 so not finished but taking a break) and my mage is getting raped a lot. I run out of mana after 4 dual cast fire bolts or like 2 fireballs. Does my mana at some point get to be "infinite" or do I always have to run around juggling equilibrium ?

So much to do in this game, literally am just roaming for an hour or two. Seen alot. Very cool game.

Level 14 and I wanna say 10-15 hours? Also can't wait to get the more powerful shouts, heard theres a storm one, looks sweet.

As you get higher up in the game, the shouts become awesome :D:hi5:

Really?? Cause I'm level 38 (85 hours) and I've maybe used a shout 10 times. Excluding the times they make you use them. I think they're pretty pointless the higher you are. Ice form is by far the coolest, although, i haven't progressed far enough in the story to get the...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I'm finding the game getting really hard. I'm only at level 16, just joined the mage college, and during that quest I'm having a really hard time killing what I think is the last bad buy in the cave/mine after collecting the 4 rings as requested by the mage instructor. This guy even killed my "sworn to protect me" thane guardian while I was trying to reheal. I've tried it about 5 times, then had to leave.

I also had to run away from a Wisp that I couldn't beat and some ghosts in a dungeon gave me a hell of a time.

I'm wondering if I'm not using enough spells, or need to increase my armor/weapons, or something, because I've been dying and reloading a lot lately. After having just purchased my home breezewood, I only have around $2000 left over. I'm also not focussing in any one skill; spreading my points on all the magic skills.

Any advice to give to someone who has maybe 20-30 hours invested in this game so far?

I'm finding the game getting really hard. I'm only at level 16, just joined the mage college, and during that quest I'm having a really hard time killing what I think is the last bad buy in the cave/mine after collecting the 4 rings as requested by the mage instructor. This guy even killed my "sworn to protect me" thane guardian while I was trying to reheal. I've tried it about 5 times, then had to leave.

I also had to run away from a Wisp that I couldn't beat and some ghosts in a dungeon gave me a hell of a time.

I'm wondering if I'm not using enough spells, or need to increase my armor/weapons, or something, because I've been dying and reloading a lot lately. After having just purchased my home breezewood, I only have around $2000 left over. I'm also not focussing in any one skill; spreading my points on all the magic skills.

Any advice to give to someone who has maybe 20-30 hours invested in this game so far?

Dump the difficulty down to apprentice... I did after learning a saber cat will kill you with two hits at low levels on adept. Game is much more enjoyable on apprentice. You can still get your ass kicked but at least you stand a chance.

Dump the difficulty down to apprentice... I did after learning a saber cat will kill you with two hits at low levels on adept. Game is much more enjoyable on apprentice. You can still get your ass kicked but at least you stand a chance.

I did the same thing, had to lower the difficulty....it got to a point where I couldn't raid any dungeon without dying 50 times.

The game is meant to be enjoyed, not dying over and over. So don't feel bad for dumbing it down.

I will try that. and thanks. I always do feel a little guilt when I turn down the difficulty on any game; I prefer to play most games on the default medium level to keep it challenging, but this is getting really hard.

I didn't know it was possible for your sworn guardian to die too. I guess i'll reload an earlier point, because this was the female chick that I thought night have an important role in the game as she was appointed to me. Mostly she's just my mule, I think it's best to keep her ~300 lb carrying capacity around.

I will try that. and thanks. I always do feel a little guilt when I turn down the difficulty on any game; I prefer to play most games on the default medium level to keep it challenging, but this is getting really hard.

I didn't know it was possible for your sworn guardian to die too. I guess i'll reload an earlier point, because this was the female chick that I thought night have an important role in the game as she was appointed to me. Mostly she's just my mule, I think it's best to keep her ~300 lb carrying capacity around.

Technically, your followers can only die if you kill them. NPCs can't do it, so you must've killed her at some point. It happens.

Yeah Apprentice is the way to go, and I find once you get comfortable or go for a second run, you can up the difficulty. Also I use shouts in like every fight I get into. Whirlwind Sprint and Unrelenting Force are incredibly useful in battles.

when you have 100 hp, any fireball kills you in one hit lol...thats what my mage fledgling is going through now, dying left and right, but I will not dial down on difficult haha...I hope.

This just happened to me last night. I was running around then suddenly got mauled by a saber cat. More than half my life was gone before I could even turn around to see what hit me.

Back