Elbosenasoles Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elbosenasoles

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So there's not much to look at this moment, and I figured I'd hold off longer on posting until I had something more substantial, but.....here's what I've got so far:

Here's a POTF2 Jawa. I weathered his cloak at bottom, tips of his sleeves and other folded bits and random parts just to give it a more worn feel. Sadly, I don't think much of the weathering is visible at all these photos. I did change up his bandolier and droid caller as well (I forgot to take before pics and can't seem to find any online where he's not in the packaging still, sorry!)
2d5b95f7.jpg

618c8fd3.jpg

So Mr. Jawa is a set piece in a large diorama I've started working on of Jabba's palace. As I mentioned this thread is a tad premature, but I can show a couple of pics of the frozen Han piece I'm working on which will hold the 1998 Han from either Kenner or Hasbro.....forget who made the sixth scale carbonite?:
b236069a.jpg

67f40445.jpg

For convience sake I'm making just one grate at the base of the piece. It was made from balsa wood:
e26dcda5.jpg

I painted it in a gunmetal grey, using a dry brushing of silver to highlight and give it a metal feel. I picked up a rusting kit that I'll be applying over the next several days to hopefully get a much more worn feel from. Here's a pic of that kit for anyone unfamiliar:
c457c74a.jpg

So as I said, a bit premature and I have a long way to go on my ultimate goal, but I felt like sharing my creation so far.....small as it is. My goal is to create a display/coffee table of Jabba's palace and the plans are as follows:
af0d55a2.jpg

Hopefully you can read those numbers? They're obviously inches for this piece. If anyone has a recommendation for a go to supplier for custom acrylic cases I'd definately appreciate it! I've been searching the net for quotes on a case to fit my needs, but the customer service I've been getting is on par with plain terrible.

Anyway, thanks for looking and I'll update further as I make some progress!

This looks great. I really like the Han in Carbonite section.

The Jawas are fun to do as they can be bashed together with all sorts of bits and pieces plus they are cheap enough.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Oh and welcome to the boards.

WOW nice Jawa, did u check Brian's Toys? They might still have a pic. Also, I find it awesome that you're doing a Jabba set. Though I find it more awesome that once done. Your half plus feroze's Jabba throne would make a complete Jabba Throne Room!

UTINII! ... um, I mean Welcome. First shots look great! Keep posting pics, man!

Update 3/31/12:

So here's the final product on the grate, rusted with that kit:
e54c09d4.jpg

And here are some nearly completed pics of Han's setup:
1efa887f.jpg

753a8c57.jpg

ef30de33.jpg

d13a702f.jpg

I have plans to add some piping and a control panel to Han's structure piece, but it's nearly there. My intent for Han was to spray the piece in a gun metal, but I haven't had any luck finding that color, so he's black for now. I believe I have come to the conclusion that my original plans, a large diorama of Jabba's palace, are going to be unrealized as I have had about zero luck finding a manufacturer for a suitable enclosure. Oh well,....I'll keep at it, if I can. Hope you guys enjoy this update!

looks good. as far as han goes you could dry brush him in a silver color. that may get the color you want.

Update 3/31/12:

So here's the final product on the grate, rusted with that kit:
e54c09d4.jpg

I have plans to add some piping and a control panel to Han's structure piece, but it's nearly there. My intent for Han was to spray the piece in a gun metal, but I haven't had any luck finding that color, so he's black for now. I believe I have come to the conclusion that my original plans, a large diorama of Jabba's palace, are going to be unrealized as I have had about zero luck finding a manufacturer for a suitable enclosure. Oh well,....I'll keep at it, if I can. Hope you guys enjoy this update!

The rusting came out great! as did the dio. :clap I just bought a han in carbonite and plan to make a dio like this. Where did you get the kit? As for a case, try going to an art store or picture framing shop and they can probably let you know who locally makes these type of cases if there is anyone.

The rusting came out great! as did the dio. :clap I just bought a han in carbonite and plan to make a dio like this. Where did you get the kit? As for a case, try going to an art store or picture framing shop and they can probably let you know who locally makes these type of cases if there is anyone.

I bought the kit from here, but there are other places to buy as well: https://www.dickblick.com/products/.../?wmcp=google&wmcid=products&wmckw=27105-9005

It's a neat kit, though instructions on how to do it properly are limited. My suggestion is to apply each paint about once a day and plan to spend a week or two doing so until you get a decent effect, it's a slow process.

Back