eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anovos isn't any better.

I contacted them via their live chat, so I had an actual employee at the other end communicating with me.
I sent them 2-3 pics of the scuffs and swirl marks all over the dome of the Tie pilot helmet they sent me. The employee acknowledged that he received those pics.

I haven't heard from them since.

That's a fact, paid for a Tie helmet LONG ago,I've seen plenty people have gotten theirs but still don't have mine.

You can polish that out and Vader's helmet in ANH wasn't pristine to begin with. Not defending EFX but it isn't a total loss.
I thought about doing that, but decided to wait and see what Anovos was going to do. Maybe when they get this back in stock I'll reach out again.

After seeing Rogue One, I have a huge desire to add a Vader helmet to my collection and since I consider the ANH helmet to be the definitive one (since it was the original), I was quickly drawn to this thread. I had heard about the eFx helmets back when the fiberglass Legend and Limited editions were available in 2012. I wanted to get one but they were way over my price range and since their value has increased significantly since then, it is highly unlikely that I will ever be able to afford one. I then saw that eFx put out the plastic PCR versions for a way more affordable price. I wanted to get one but then I started seeing complaints about the quality and lack of detail and accuracy with the consensus being that it wasn't worth the asking price. I then started looking up more information and came across the SL (what does SL stand for out of curiosity?) ANH helmet. I saw that it is a very high-quality piece with almost the same amount of detail as the fiberglass eFx helmets and definitely something I'd love to have. However, I found no further information about it other than a few pictures and a thread comparing it to the eFx Legend helmet. Is the SL something that is still available, and if so, do anyone know where I might find one and how much it retails for? If it is just as expensive as the fiberglass eFx helmets, does anyone know of any ANH helmet that still retains the details of the older helmets but doesn't cost an arm and a leg (a happy medium)?

I believe SL stands for SithLord. That's an RPF member or someone like that who makes or used to make helmets from a casting taken from the same moulds EFX used, but years earlier. They call it the Sith Lord helmet after him.

You can polish that out and Vader's helmet in ANH wasn't pristine to begin with. Not defending EFX but it isn't a total loss.

Yeah. If EFX doesn't come through, I'm thinking about taking it to a body shop I do business with and see if their automotive buffers can buff it to match the rest of the finish, and without adding a ton of tiny fine scratches. I'll have to do something. I'm already into it the purchase price.

Hey, I think I saw you over at RPF. You recommended the Novus polish I think. Small world! :)

I believe SL stands for SithLord. That's an RPF member or someone like that who makes or used to make helmets from a casting taken from the same moulds EFX used, but years earlier. They call it the Sith Lord helmet after him.

Thanks for the info. Do you know how to get a hold of this person?

Thanks for the info. Do you know how to get a hold of this person?

Try PropDen, but do not hold your breath. You need to be a trusted member to be allowed to acquire it. Especially since SL is more accurate than any licensed helmet, including EFX Legend and Limited (LE), and costs a lot. It might be easier to save the $ for an EFX LE

Try PropDen, but do not hold your breath. You need to be a trusted member to be allowed to acquire it. Especially since SL is more accurate than any licensed helmet, including EFX Legend and Limited (LE), and costs a lot. It might be easier to save the $ for an EFX LE

That's a bit discouraging, but thanks for the info anyways. Do you know what the SL retails for? I'd love to get an EFX Legend or Limited but aren't they going for upwards of $4000 now?

Check ebay sold listings and you can see how much EFX stuff goes for, but it's nowhere near $4000. I think $1500-2000 for Legend and a tad less for LE.

Wow didnt know there were several versions of the efx vader helmet. What was the difference? Can someone explain please please..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow didnt know there were several versions of the efx vader helmet. What was the difference? Can someone explain please please..

Accuracy and materials used. Fiberglass costs more. Good thing these aren't made of aramid and Kevlar. :)

On short there are 4 Vader helmets made by EFX so far:

- Darth Vader Legend helmet - made out of fiberglass, comes with stand, COA, edition plaque (364 edition size), the most accurate licensed Vader helmet, with brush type paint apps

- Darth Vader Limited Edition helmet - made out of fiberglass, comes with stand, COA, edition plaque (1000 edition size), very accurate, a tad idealized compared to Legend

- Darth Vader Precision Cast regular helmet - plastic open edition helmet

- Darth Vader Precision Cast Special Edition helmet - plastic open edition helmet with brush type paint apps

efxvader (1).jpg :rock

Had some fun taking pics of this guy recently to test out a new app. Needed a subject, and Vader worked well enough. Now that I've had this guy a while, I feel that this is a pretty good helmet for the price. And mine's just the plain ol' Reg PCR.

The PCR version looks very good to me.
It may not have the most accurate finish, but the sculpt has many of the imperfections and asymmetries of the actual prop.

Spend a few grand on a sl unfinished one then and only after you've had a few years to get to know him.

I was told that an unfinished one goes for around $1,500. I would understand if a finished one cost a few grand though. It's too bad that they're so hard to acquire but I can understand if the maker/seller is trying to make sure the folks who get them are trustworthy.

I was told that an unfinished one goes for around $1,500. I would understand if a finished one cost a few grand though. It's too bad that they're so hard to acquire but I can understand if the maker/seller is trying to make sure the folks who get them are trustworthy.

My unfinished SL was more than $1500 and that was 4 years ago, I got mine directly from Thomas. Now that its finished, it is a true artisan piece :)

DSC_0003c.jpg

So $300 for a PCR helmet with a vague link to the fiberglass eFX helmet from a few years back is a pretty good deal.

If you want extreme accuracy, it is gonna cost you $$$$

Last edited:
My unfinished SL was more than $1500 and that was 4 years ago, I got mine directly from Thomas. Now that its finished, it is a true artisan piece :)

View attachment 320142

So $300 for a PCR helmet with a vague link to the fiberglass eFX helmet from a few years back is a pretty good deal.

If you want extreme accuracy, it is gonna cost you $$$$

Wow, that helmet is truly a thing of beauty. Nice score man. Say what you will about the PCR helmets, I just think they could've done a better job at conserving more of the details from the fiberglass helmets for an asking price of $300. I know that something accurate is going to be a bit more expensive and I would gladly pay top dollar for something good (excluding eBay's inflated prices and anything over $2k), it's just that I'm not finding anything available other than the PCR helmet. I'm hoping that something else will turn up, but if not, I guess I'll just give in and get the PCR helmet.

Back