eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a message from my dealer! And asked him to check for paint rubs. He couldn't find any and send me some pictures...

Damn can't wait to get this bad-ass in my hands :panic:

b8k4d4.jpg

i1b41d.jpg

As you maybe know regular steel cannot scratch glass, and the eFX plaque holder is made of metal, but the helmet stand is made with that clear acrylic base over it, which can be scratched in time. I would recommend adding some small furniture pads on the bottom of the metal plaque holder. There are those clear plastic pads that can be found in stores that might help protect the acrylic base from being scratched by the metal plaque holder. Just a friendly advice. ;)

I'm using these types of clear pads on the plaque holder bottom, no scratching on the acrylic base this way:

17qx3t.jpg

At the same time I never liked the fact that the plaques are sliding so easily on/off the eFX metal holder. I almost dropped the Stormie LE plaque twice when cleaning last year. Now I used a small strip of that part which is between the bubble pads seen above - when you remove some bubble pads there remain the strip with holes.

It has some glue on one side and is thin enough to be placed on the plaque holder and still the plaque will slide in the holder easily. This way there is not damage to the plaque itself (the strip is just rubbery plastic), it is attached to the holder on the back, so the back of the plaque easily is in contact with it, and thus the plaque doesn't fall off the holder. If you want it off, then you can remove the plaque and then take the strip off easily.

I'll do the same for my TIE Fighter.

^nice idea. however my plan of action to avoid the scratches is to not use the eFx base. My LE is being held up by a custom display pole, similar to that of a tissue holder. IMO, the eFx base is way too big for the helmet. so right now, it's stored safely in its box

^nice idea. however my plan of action to avoid the scratches is to not use the eFx base. My LE is being held up by a custom display pole, similar to that of a tissue holder. IMO, the eFx base is way too big for the helmet. so right now, it's stored safely in its box

I use the huge table like base since in my cabinet there is enough room for it. But I totally understand some people (myself included) preferring the smaller bases. The TIE fighter has a similar base and will encounter a similar scratching issue.

As you maybe know regular steel cannot scratch glass, and the eFX plaque holder is made of metal, but the helmet stand is made with that clear acrylic base over it, which can be scratched in time. I would recommend adding some small furniture pads on the bottom of the metal plaque holder. There are those clear plastic pads that can be found in stores that might help protect the acrylic base from being scratched by the metal plaque holder. Just a friendly advice. ;)

I'm using these types of clear pads on the plaque holder bottom, no scratching on the acrylic base this way:

17qx3t.jpg

Thanks for the idea! Will look tomorrow for these kinds op pads.
Got mine in today and man this is one bad-ass helmet!!
The only small complain is that there is a small "adhesive" like mark on the top. Allready e-mailed my dealer about it and awaiting his answer.

Here are some pictures of mine :)
313r7n9.jpg

i1baqe.jpg

755 of the 1000
2dw9qiq.jpg

And the small mark... :(
5x7gvl.jpg

if you're positive it's adhesive, a bit of water and cotton should do the trick then finish off with microfiber. either that or some armor all

My Vader helmet is far from being a grail, it arrived in perfect condition and is a nice item, but I have many collectibles that I like more than this.

Well the dome I sent back to have the paint rubs removed arrived today...complete with paint rubs that were not removed. I have asked for a refund.

Well the dome I sent back to have the paint rubs removed arrived today...complete with paint rubs that were not removed. I have asked for a refund.

Oh, the story on poor CS from eFX continues! Will this madness never end!?

I feel bad for you mate. I hope you have no problems getting your refund. For a piece of this caliber... eFX is doing a s****y job.

Me has a sad. :( Already ended the emotions/worries for the arrival of Vader helmet in good shape, now beginning the worries for eFX TIE Fighter. Never had any worries for other companies products neither for fan made/custom ones, but with eFX, they like to keep you on the toes...

Back