eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine showed up yesterday, LE #116 :yess:

I got lucky with the dome straight outta the gates. No issues and although I don't have a second dome to compare it to, I really happy with the level of sheen. Not too glossy but not too matted; a perfect balance IMO.

Mine didn't come with a "bag" or cloth. It was protected by the cross of material like shocktrooper mentioned. Good enough 'cause it worked :).

The stand on my base has a scratch in the acrylic and a bunch of spots or stains that I couldn’t rub off with a soft cloth (sunglass cleaning cloth). Anyone else have this issue? Got lucky with the dome but I'll have to contact eFx about the acrylic.

Also there is a chip in the paint on the bridge of his nose where the peak of the dome sits. Anyone else have this? It’s annoying me to death but the dome covers it when it’s on and I’m not even sure that I didn’t do it myself when I was putting the dome on; although I was very careful. I feel like if I did get I replaced, there is a good chance of it happening again because the way the dome sits isn’t going to change. So I’ll probably just live with it.

But all and all this piece is BADASS. Even though the glossier black contrast paint is a bit underwhelming (specifically the triangular portion on the right side of the face. SLOPPY PAINT WORK), this is looks phenomenal in hand. It has so much more presence than my other helmets (ESB Luke& MR Fett). I’m glad I decided to stick it out and not dump my PO when the s__t started to hit the fan.

Congrats to all who got one. This is a killer piece.

SCRATCH AND MARKS ON THE ACRYLIC:

DSC00855.jpg

PROTECTIVE STRIP:

DSC00853.jpg

Honestly, mine has a paint chip way above the bridge of the nose so the dome really covers it up. I don't worry about it because of the cover up and i have many props from EFX and MR and not one of them are "perfect" even with the price we pay there will always be some sort of small QC issue unfortunately. I can deal with this small chip but to each his own.

I think the next step for eFX could be to send each of the members who have a damaged Vader lid a bottle of black paint to touch up their own domes ;)

Mine showed up yesterday, LE #116 :yess:

The stand on my base has a scratch in the acrylic and a bunch of spots or stains that I couldn’t rub off with a soft cloth (sunglass cleaning cloth). Anyone else have this issue? Got lucky with the dome but I'll have to contact eFx about the acrylic.

I had scratches/scuffs on the acrylic as well...but not enough of an issue for me to go through the hassle...its fine

My acrylic had some good scratches also, but it's not worth the hassle of returning/ exchanging. I can live with it.

That is a steal and a half but no one could kick themselves. There is no way anyone could've know all these problems would've happened which probably effected sales. I’m sure most of us thought we better grab one before it’s too late and get stuck paying high secondary market prices

VaderLE.png

Wow! I'm about to go over the fence for this, but I'm just not so sure yet. :panic:
It's gonna be my first time buying a Star Wars collectible above $500.

I need a little more convincing I guess..
For those who have this, is it worth $640 Redford Films is asking?
I mean, are there any regrets considering the quality of the materials, the presentation impact etc?

I've read about the last 50% of posts and I've seen there's quite a buzz about the QC issues.
Are they that bad that i should just wait for later ESB/ROTJ versions?
Or is this already a good deal that buyer's remorse won't occur (minimal if ever)?

Sorry for the heap of questions I'm asking. :D I'm just really excited to get this insanely accurate prop of no other than Lord Vader.

And just a bit of background, Vader's not my favorite SW character (PT Kenobi) but Vader's a close second.

this is the absolute best vader collectible ever made in my opinion, maybe next to a life size statue. You will not be disappointed.

^ this is the vader to collect kapatid. literally had to max out my card for this. lots of QC issues I know being posted so be sure to spot check should you decide to get it. what concerns me is how the soft material is on the bridge of the nose where the helmet sits.

Seems like more people got 'okay' helmets than what the threads here and at rebelscum are showing :D

Well that explains the paint rub that some helmets had at the nose bridge.

Back