eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, you first used the term "bad luck", so that is why I used it in my response. Call it unfortunate circumstances beyond one's control if you wish. But there is no magic black rain cloud following anyone around. eFX has just had to deal with a number of unforeseen, unfortunate circumstances. Such is life.

But they've also had a string of bad luck with factories that have cost them considerable time, money and reputation.

:dunno:dunno

Ok, can we just put all this behind and focus on the collectables? I don't want to see another guy related to eFx be scared off. Listen Cozmictoyz, like I said before, I appreciate you coming here with updates and if you could get us that picture of the hammer, that would be great. I think the people from RPF would be happy to see it as well.

Last edited:
Let's not scare off the rep! I've been dying to get in touch with one. :lol

With that being said, just you being here, Cozmictoyz, I'm already
feeling more comfortable buying efx products this year, so I hope you
won't stop chatting here with us. :D

I would also like to know if the screws at the bottom of the
pommel of Mjolnir are being covered up?

r4sAy.jpg

image taken from theRPF.com

So the Thor Hammer and Helmet should both be 2nd quarter releases. If all goes well with this first test shot from the factory, the Shield would likely be a 3rd quarter release and 2nd quarter PO.

Alright! :rock

I would also like to know if the screws at the bottom of the
pommel of Mjolnir are being covered up?

r4sAy.jpg

image taken from theRPF.com

Hey, I posted that at the RPF. The people there mentioned that it might come with the screws because eFx is working on replicating the stunt props. If the stunt prop had the screws so will the replica. It could also be that this was just the proto and finished product won't come with it.

We'll have to wait and see, but I hope they cover those screws in the end.

Whats an "ATTRACTIVE" edition size..the pre order window was very short , in fact, cut short, for mjolnir, so im hoping it isnt 1000. Either way, bit relieved because im going to get hit hard with hot toys soon...

Any update on any marvel replicas from these guys?

I preordered both... The Thor helmet & The hammer. I emailed them the 1st & 2nd day these went up for preorder with questions, an still have not heard anything back from them. What amazing customer service they have.

Last edited:
Any update on any marvel replicas from these guys?

I preordered both... The Thor helmet & The hammer. I emailed them the 1st & 2nd day these went up for preorder with questions, an still have not heard anything back from them. What amazing customer service they have.

Yeah, their customer service is abysmal, in fact, is actually nonexistent. I also ordered both the Hammer and Helmet but did so knowing that I wasn't going to see any updates on these items for months. The best thing you can do is actually forget about them for now. You know, it boggles my mind that someone have a company with this much potential but treat it like trash. It's like they don't even give a **** anymore.

There's nothing more I'd like to hear now than an update on when these things will be shipping, but I know it won't happen. Let's just hope they live up to their Q1 release (well, someone mentioned it already got postponed to Q2... so who knows).

Just got a random email from eFX.

Dear Charles:

First, thank you very much for placing your pre-order (Order Number: ******) for our Thor Mjolnir, as seen in The Avengers.

We just wanted to give you a brief update on the status of your order. We just received the final pre-production sample from our manufacturing partners in Asia and have just submitted it to MARVEL for approval. The approval process is quite extensive, as there are many people/departments who want to review it, which may also include the director and the producers of The Avengers, as our original prototype was. But rest assured that once approved, we will start production as soon as possible.

We have attached a couple pictures with this e-mail so you can see the results of our effort to replicate the original prop that was made by Studio Art & Technology, as closely as possible in a production environment. We will also be posting more pictures on our web site shortly.

As of now, we are still anticipating shipping within the first quarter of 2013 (January - March) However, there is always a chance that we may encounter some unexpected delays in production. We will post all status and schedule updates on our web site.

Thanks once again for your pre-order! We are confident that this prop replica will be a welcome addition to your prop replica collection.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Bryan

So the replica has not been approved, nor produced n mass. But its still expected to ship in the next 6 weeks (end of the First Quarter)? I have my doubts...

I haven't head a peep regarding my order for the helmet, that's not a complaint, I wasn't expecting to get any updates. I've heard bad things about EFX, but I've never dealt with them so I'll judge them once I get my Helmet in hand, however long that takes.

In fact, I'm kinda glad there's a delay or no updates, cuz it's less to spend right now!

Although I am concerned that some folk have gotten emails... hmmmmm

I really hope the handle isn't painted like the sideshow piece. I was so disappointed when I received it an it was painted. It looked like straight crap.

Last edited:
Just got a random email from eFX.

Dear Charles:

First, thank you very much for placing your pre-order (Order Number: ******) for our Thor Mjolnir, as seen in The Avengers.

We just wanted to give you a brief update on the status of your order. We just received the final pre-production sample from our manufacturing partners in Asia and have just submitted it to MARVEL for approval. The approval process is quite extensive, as there are many people/departments who want to review it, which may also include the director and the producers of The Avengers, as our original prototype was. But rest assured that once approved, we will start production as soon as possible.

We have attached a couple pictures with this e-mail so you can see the results of our effort to replicate the original prop that was made by Studio Art & Technology, as closely as possible in a production environment. We will also be posting more pictures on our web site shortly.

As of now, we are still anticipating shipping within the first quarter of 2013 (January - March) However, there is always a chance that we may encounter some unexpected delays in production. We will post all status and schedule updates on our web site.

Thanks once again for your pre-order! We are confident that this prop replica will be a welcome addition to your prop replica collection.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Bryan

Basically, what they mean by that is that there is no way in hell this will be out in the first quarter. In fact, I will be surprised if this comes in the second quarter.

Hopefully we will see the helmet earlier than the hammer since it's only 250 pieces in production.

Thanks for the update TheMovieManiac

Back