• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ebay's "Final Value Fee on Shipping"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learn a bit of new info on eBay Global Shipping. So I called a few times, eBay keeps telling me Global Shipping with call me, but they never did, last time was a week ago, after the buyer refused the package and it go sent back to some Global Shipping center in Canada and just sit there. I call and told them that the item needs to be returned to me so I can refund the buyer. They never contacted me, but I called today, was told that a transaction can't be cancelled once the item leaves the Kentucky shipping center, I have done nothing wrong I will keep my money apparently. Had the buyer wasn't so cheap and send the package directly back to me instead of just refusing it, I could have refunded his money. But as of right now, eBay said I don't need to do anything, if the buyer wants to file a claim, he can, but my responsibility ended when the item arrived in Kentucky. Figure this is useful info for those who use Global Shipping.

And yes I know this is not the end for me, I am pretty sure I will have to deal with eBay again when the buyer leaves me negative feedback when he finds out he's stuck with the $1500 Super Mario statue purchase, minus the statue.

Never use global shipping it's a scam. Buyer refused the package because global shipping charges them a ridiculous amount of custom fees they did not need to pay if shipped normally via usps priority international. If they accepted the package they would need to pay the fees this ebay scam charges them, for something in the $1500 you are looking at $500+

If you think your trouble is over I assure you it is far from it, paypal deals with charge backs and they have different set of policies that favors buyer. Since your item is $1500 it will be handled by their high value dept, which is worse than dealing with a loanshark.

You should have taken the 5 min to do some research on how much global shipping screws over your customers.

Yea, GS is crap, but don't they say right on the listing page how much it is going to cost them for those fees?

This. It's clearly stated in the auction how much the GS charges for customs/duties and so on. It can, sometimes, be useful for international buyers (like an european who buys from an american, for instance). GS fees can be lower than european custom fees, I assure you.

BTW, I suppose that if the buyer opens a claim on Ebay, he answers to Ebay rules. He should fill a claim on Paypal to have Paypal's protection. If he's dumb as it seems and he opens a claim on ebay, you're fine. Otherwise, I don't know, I always contacted Paypal reps at the phone and they're always been very quick and professional, never had trouble.

Back