• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ebay fees doubling!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icedrake707

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I decided to look into the new fees. They took off the 20 cent ect insertion fees but the final value fees have gone up 50-100%.

Go to the new ebay calculator and it shows the difference between the old fees and new fees. And they justify this gigantic increase by saying the tiny insertion fee is gone.

Evilbay has struck again... Amazon is going to be thrilled to get a plethora of new sellers.

Just wanted to let everyone know... if you need to get rid of something do it ASAP before the changes kick in. On collectibles the fee is the highest out of every category :thud:

and then after the fun new fee you get hit with a paypal fee (owned by same company) so the total fee is close to 14%!

I already put fair warning to all the buyers on wait lists in big red letters than my listings will go up 10% if they don't buy before april 15 :lol:lol

they are offering me 50 free monthly listings and a flat 10% final value fee. i'm a part time seller with no ebay store. i recently sold an item that Ebay got $64 for. Under the new schedule they would have gotten $50. paypal also takes around another 3%.

they are offering me 50 free monthly listings and a flat 10% final value fee. i'm a part time seller with no ebay store. i recently sold an item that Ebay got $64 for. Under the new schedule they would have gotten $50. paypal also takes around another 3%.

I am not sure how your fees went down? If I sold a $1,500 item the fee now without discounts ect is $73.00 under the new fee schedule the fee will be $150.00 according to the official ebay fee calculator... that is an increase of double. .

With the extra $77 I could have listed like 250 fixed priced listings so the "free insertion fees" are really not helpful unless you sell thousands of items a month. The normal part time seller sells maybe 1-15 things monthly so the free insertion fees are a fail.

I sold an iPhone last week on ebay, the buyer had it two days and told ebay he wanted a full refund because it didn't match my description and I did write USED in good condition and it is. He reported a bunch of fraudulent things wrong with it that weren't true, he broke it and wants me to not only refund him but pay for the COD as well and ebay is siding with him because he has pictures.

SO WHAT he took them after he broke my phone. I have pics on the auction and it shows how flawless it is. Ebay wants me to negotiate a return with him. I told them I will not accept and I will sue him personally and ebay. I haven't heard back yet. But they did send me my monthly invoice I'm refusing to pay. This is so unfair. They want their high fees and won't help a member.

Cutter, he probably switched out a broken/busted up one for yours. This is probably one reason why fees have gone up, because people are leaving due to situations like cutter..

SO WHAT he took them after he broke my phone. I have pics on the auction and it shows how flawless it is. Ebay wants me to negotiate a return with him. I told them I will not accept and I will sue him personally and ebay. I haven't heard back yet. But they did send me my monthly invoice I'm refusing to pay. This is so unfair. They want their high fees and won't help a member.

Good luck with initiating legal action against E-bay....you are probably the first person to ever consider suing them. :slap

I understand your frustration....but trying to initiate legal action against an individual and a company like E-bay is probably not a productive use of your time. And...you likely risk damage to your credit rating for refusing to pay. You think E-bay won't hesitate to put a delinquent account in collections? As someone who has worked in Banking all of their career I can't tell you how many individuals I have seen with jacked up credit scores because of a dispute for as little as $15-$30.

eBay has sellers by the ***** and they know it. There are only two places to sell things that will get heavy traffic: eBay or Amazon.

I have a few PFs listed on eBay and it makes me sick knowing that I am going to lose 10% but there really isn't any other place to sell them and get decent traffic. If people try selling on here, the low-ball offers are insane.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I am about done with ebay as well, as a seller. I will still buy on there.

wow, just wanted to say you guys were right. a previously inaccurate description of the new fee structure was misleading. the other day started the new fee schedule and i saw the difference in the first ebay sale made. i looked for the email they sent and it was actually gone from my ebay folder. these bastards are absolute crooks!!!!!!

i just checked and see no notification about rise in fees? according to the fee fee schedule everything looks same 10%..? i do not have a store, just a part time seller

Haven't seen these fee increases either but I'm part time seller as well. If true, looks like ill be sending more emails with the words PayPal only in them :nana:

Back