Dune Part Two (October 20th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will forever now associate Dune as belonging to Denis over Herbert.

Yeah yeah sure Herbert created the world…on 2 dimensional paper!

Think about this…had Herbert directed his own books it would’ve been even more atrocious than even Lynch’s version, yikes!

Ok fine I will consider Denis and Herbert as equal owners but only if you consider me making Denis 80% owner and Herbert 20% as being equal lol

Dune book is just that, words.

A great story can still be a crappy movie just ask Lynch.
I’m watching a deep dive into the book. So much world building. A lot of Game of Thrones owes a lot to this it seems.

Cool stuff. I’ll never read it but gives me an even greater appreciation of the films.

1709512963668.png

Oh gosh, loads. No Thufir Hawat , Alia, Leto 2, characters are very different from the book.
Dune book is 900 pages I’m totally ok with removing Hawst’s story arc because he was such a minor character to begin with in Dune 1….as in Dune 1 the movie!

Whatever he was in the book he certainly wasn’t in Dune 1 so in a movie already bursting at the seams i’m ok with them removing his arc.

Alia, hell no Dune 84 has ruined that character at that specific young age forever lol

I’m happy how they handled her by still giving her a voice which actually made the entire thing even more creepy, perfect!

Can you imagine a young Princess Leia kid running around in Dune 2 lol

Keep the kid actors out of cinema Dune thank you very much.

900 page book and only 2 omissions you Dune book fans made out good.

I will say this, I do wish the passage of time have been presented a little bit better and that Paul had looked a little bit older towards the end to show proper passing of years which I guess is what happens in the book, years not months.

I do think the Bible epics from the 50s and 60s did a better job at showing an older protagonists at the climax like Ben-Hur etc.

I will say this, I do wish the passage of time have been presented a little bit better and that Paul had looked a little bit older towards the end to show proper passing of years which I guess is what happens in the book, years not months.

I do think the Bible epics from the 50s and 60s did a better job at showing an older protagonists at the climax like Ben-Hur etc.
There were definitely some cuts made, I feel, where it just suddenly jumps forward some months.

Like when Paul goes off into the desert own (plus Chani) then it jumps to him attacking Harkonnens and being all chummy with the previous non-believers.

Many people are saying... Greatest Sci-Fi Film ever made.

Cameron immediately began a rewrite of Avatar 3.
Depends how you specifically categorize sci-fi.

2001 Space Odyssey
Star Wars
War of the Worlds
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Forbidden Planet
Terminator
Predator
Robocop
Matrix
Alien
Aliens
The Thing

My absolute favorite scene in the movie is when Paul says (paraphrasing), "I'm not the Messiah, I just want to join your people and fight along side you"

To which it immediately cuts to Stilgar going, "He is so humble, he won't even admit that he's the Messiah, so he's definitely the Messiah"

My entire theater had this perfect level of collective subtle chuckle for a solid 30 seconds afterwards.

My absolute favorite scene in the movie is when Paul says (paraphrasing), "I'm not the Messiah, I just want to join your people and fight along side you"

To which it immediately cuts to Stilgar going, "He is so humble, he won't even admit that he's the Messiah, so he's definitely the Messiah"

My entire theater had this perfect level of collective subtle chuckle for a solid 30 seconds afterwards.
Great follow up scene Javier was freaking awesome in this.

There were definitely some cuts made, I feel, where it just suddenly jumps forward some months.

Like when Paul goes off into the desert own (plus Chani) then it jumps to him attacking Harkonnens and being all chummy with the previous non-believers.
I seriously thought that somehow the studio sent the film with a missing real.. I kept thinking it was one of his dreams.

Ok my one gripe, other than Paul still being young at the end…

How did they get everyone onboard the worms lol

Like even Paul’s mom wtf lol

Many people are saying... Greatest Sci-Fi Film ever made.

Cameron immediately began a rewrite of Avatar 3.

It's amazing how those Avatar films make more money than any other franchise when they come out, and a few months later no one even remembers them.

The only thing I remember about Avatar 2 was that most of the film was spent in a resort next to the beach. :lol

Last edited:
Back