Duel of fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they can pull that off... it just doesn't seem like Qui would be able to give him that much support just on the leg.

I'm utterly confident if they could do it for the prototype. It's all engineering and physics. I have a huge computer monitor with a tiny base that someone manages to support the screen despite it's size and weight. If you distribute weight properly, you can do great things.

I love this dio. It is so dynamic. The face sculpts look really good. I think I will cut back on my 1/6 so I can afford these, space is an issue also. It is going to be a great SW year from SS. :chew

I think the smaller dios will be more popular. While the base looks nice on Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, it seems to take away from the actual characters.

not my cup of tea, but I like the sculpt on Obi-wan...in the backstage pass video, Maul's face looks like he's a maniac, not sure I like it.

The Obi-Ani diorama will remain the centerpiece of my display, but this is definitely in.

The headsculpts are very good to great, with Maul being a total pitbull; Maul's pose is bearable, now that we know they pulled a levitation trick with him. The base is plain, and the overall statue suffers for it -- it might be mistaken for action figures posed together, something that's just not going to happen with Obi-Ani, or even Yoda-Dooku.

But it will look good flanking my centerpiece.

No exclusive, so it's a DSC order, then...

I'm guessing it's probably a metal pin like the Ani-Obi figures snap into their base with.

I wasn't referring to how it attaches to the base, but rather what supports an entire figures weight when attached to another figures leg. Too lazy to go back and look at which one is kicking Maul, but if he's just hanging there in limbo with no support below, will it last the test of time. A single metal wire running through the core of both figures would lend to durability; that's what I meant by a wire core... a little bit of structural support. But I don't know enough about the characteristics of polystone to even speculate.

I'd venture a guess that Maul and Qui-Gon are a single piece -- with only their lightsaber hands attached by magnets.

And since Qui-Gon is leaning back, the center of gravity is pulled towards the middle -- which is also why Maul's left leg had to be bent under his body like that, and why his entire stance is determined by that very straight right leg (read: structural support).

We basically gain a long-lasting static aspect of something that isn't at all common with polystone collectibles at the expense of a slightly awkward pose.

And I'm very much okay with that. :)

Great looking piece, excellent truly ....

won't be buying it. I WOULD definately get a Luke v/ Vader or Vader v/Obi-Wan of this quality though!

What's up with the eyes? They're too.... piercing...

Likenesses look okay. This will definitely be overpriced. The only ones I would consider would be OT duels.

No bronze no sale.

I was disappointed when I saw this:
2221.gif
in the news letter. I thought it was a 1:6 TPM Obi-wan. :monkey2

No bronze no sale.

I was disappointed when I saw this:
2221.gif
in the news letter. I thought it was a 1:6 TPM Obi-wan. :monkey2

It bodes well for a future 1/6 Obi-Wan. I thought the same thing thing, I forgot the dio for a minute and thought oooh oohhh, DOH!

This is a really awesome piece. Maul being in mid-air is icing on the cake. I'm going to have to think on this one awhile because I know buying it will mean I have to get the Ani vs. Obi. :lol

Back