drilling out resin heads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmbuzz

Super Freak
Reaction score
HI guys I figured with as many customizers we got here it would be good to list possible drill bit sizes for each style neck post for each manufacturer..

I actually need to know what size to drill for dragon and hasbro boddies for my own customs.. but I am sure hot toys and others would be good too..

I think I need 9/16 drillbit for dragon aint sure yet as I dont have that size..

hmmm looks like a 5/8 drill bit works for hasbro figs for sure.. 5/8 is a little loose on the dragon body though.. just a little

I tend to just use a dremel tool. I just keep test fitting until its a smooth fit.

Thanks astro.. yea a buddy of mine does it the same way you do and is happy.. Ok Spenser yea my father had told me 9/16 was the bit missing from the walmart box set of bits.. so thats great it works for dragon.. thats awesome.. Thanks alot for the help guys.. very much appreciated..

WELL i successfully drilled a head.. I used the spatula type drill bits so I could center the bit in the middle of the neck and then put the head in a hobby vice yknow the kind that has a vacuum bottom .. the jaws have an extra plastic cover on them to avoid damage to the resin head.. which metal jaws will do.. I then used a rechargeable drill as its less torque and was comfortable drilling the head downward.. worked real good.. the bit shaves the plastic off and you just keep stopping for a sec to get the shavings out of the way.. otherwise .. it was real easy..

Back