Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dr. Doom LSF!

I will await inhand pics. If they come close to the proto, definite order for me.

On another note, I imagine the value of the PF will begin to fall...

I can't imagine all things being equal someone paying $2000 or more for the PF when this LSF is the same price. Plus not to mention giving up reward points for this purchase.

The real question here is: Movie Iron Man LSF or Doom LSF

I will await inhand pics. If they come close to the proto, definite order for me.

On another note, I imagine the value of the PF will begin to fall...

I will be interested to see if it does. I think the PF and LSF markets are not necessarily the same. Like, this LSF is amazing, but I have no interest in purchasing it. Also, ES is very important to many collectors, so will a piece with no ES take the place of one that does? It's not like the original PF will all of a sudden become a pile of garbage...it will remain an amazing piece of art.

I'm not trying to bash one piece over the other...I am genuinely curious to see what happens to the PF price.

I don't think it will go down. People may have the money for the LSF, but that doesn't mean that they have the space

Exactly...like I said, I think the LSF and PF are two different markets. For me personally, I only have room for maybe one LSF, and it'd probably have to be a Spider-Man. So, Doom LSF just isn't the one...

I can't be the only one out there who feels that way.

I would get this if I had LSF money. As it is, the only LSF I will probably get is a Batman one, if it ever comes out.

Anyone would be lucky to score this piece. This is AMAZING in person.

Man, this piece is jaw dropping good. Quite possibly the finest SSC statue I have EVER seen. Congrats to everyone who is picking one up. It looks beyond awesome and at 2K offers so much more than Wolverine did.

Damn the price and those pics are making me change my mind
& now I'm considering ordering the Doom. Really suprised it wasn't
Priced more.

INSTANT ORDER!!!

Ordered! Such a shocker $ and a masterpiece!

Definate order ,Stick it on flex and forget about it!

Nice looking piece. Surprised it came in at only $1,999...was expecting a few hundred more than that for sure.

Hopefully he turns out great for everyone who orders.

It's begun, SS has conditioned some of you that open ES pieces at these prices are acceptable. It started with outrage at the first 2k piece, and has since been embraced as a "deal" with open arms. Have you guys gone mad?

Chris

It's begun, SS has conditioned some of you that open ES pieces at these prices are acceptable. It started with outrage at the first 2k piece, and has since been embraced as a "deal" with open arms. Have you guys gone mad?

Chris

No. I'm not ordering this even though I'm blown away at how well this has turned out.

Chris

For the record, I'm not picking this up.

Also, this is an amazing looking piece. To some people, the ES isn't an issue (the price point, I think, is a sort of ES on its own). Don't ruin their enjoyment!

Chris

Open ES is still not ideal. However, given the total package of the Doom LSF compared to Maul or Wolverine, it is a very nice package for a 4 feet tall statue.

Everyone that preorders this does so with the understanding that you are ordering something that may not be selling out for a long time.

This is so tempting to order after looking at those new pics. He looks Great!
But I'm a little disappointed at how the switch out mask looks on him.

For the record, I'm not picking this up.

Also, this is an amazing looking piece. To some people, the ES isn't an issue (the price point, I think, is a sort of ES on its own). Don't ruin their enjoyment!

The fact that it has a set total or specific number for an ES is not the point. The point I'm making is that it HAVE one.

The biggest issue I've had with these high priced open ES pieces is that SS still controls the "collectibility" and "value" of the item after the sale still. Take for example the recent 1:1 T-800 bust that went back into production. Or the 1:2 T-800 that is now open ES, or the LSF wolverine which went from "we only have 20 left" to "we're making them again for as long as we feel like it, deal with it".

Your investment of 2k and getting that value back is now less than 50%. Add to the fact that these pieces are priced at the limits of what they're able to pull out of the customer. The LSF wolf pred can still be bought for roughly 2k even after it's been discontinued. That's because the 2nd hand market has its limit also for these pieces. SS is trying to soak up 2nd hand market prices in their retail prices. Which makes it even HARDER for a collector to break even on statues like this while still in production or after sell out.

Having an ES on these whether it's 300 or 1000 is still better than just nothing. We are all in this hobby because we enjoy it within reason. But I assure you no one got into this hobby with the focus to lose thousands of dollars because it makes them feel good.

This is what collectors and consumers should keep in mind before placing that order. No one shops for a car, or a house or a stock this way. Why would you shop for collectibles that way?

Chris

The fact that it has a set total or specific number for an ES is not the point. The point I'm making is that it HAVE one.

The biggest issue I've had with these high priced open ES pieces is that SS still controls the "collectibility" and "value" of the item after the sale still. Take for example the recent 1:1 T-800 bust that went back into production. Or the 1:2 T-800 that is now open ES, or the LSF wolverine which went from "we only have 20 left" to "we're making them again for as long as we feel like it, deal with it".

Your investment of 2k and getting that value back is now less than 50%. Add to the fact that these pieces are priced at the limits of what they're able to pull out of the customer. The LSF wolf pred can still be bought for roughly 2k even after it's been discontinued. That's because the 2nd hand market has its limit also for these pieces. SS is trying to soak up 2nd hand market prices in their retail prices. Which makes it even HARDER for a collector to break even on statues like this while still in production or after sell out.

Having an ES on these whether it's 300 or 1000 is still better than just nothing. We are all in this hobby because we enjoy it within reason. But I assure you no one got into this hobby with the focus to lose thousands of dollars because it makes them feel good.

This is what collectors and consumers should keep in mind before placing that order. No one shops for a car, or a house or a stock this way. Why would you shop for collectibles that way?

Chris

Those are good points that I never considered. Well said.

(although, not to derail the thread, anyone who buys a car thinking that they are going to make money on it later on is dreaming...cars lose value the minute you drive them off the lot!)

The facts are these

If you like too much the only way is drop the bucks,maybe next year i'll have missed other pieces and i dont know what brings SDCC2014,but this lsf is just insane,Dr doom is the fxxxing machine,secret wars,book of doom,4f ,Kirby and Stan the man create the GREATEST villian ever

I can't let pass this holy piece

Chris

Spot on and I 100% agree.

Back