Does weight really matter for the quality of a statue????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IS Weight really Matters for quality of Statue??

I will always like a solid statue that is well crafted. However, I don't need it to be so heavy that I have to worry about whether or not it'll collapse a shelf in my display case. There is such a thing as too heavy.

Agreed and agreed. The Hulk PF is almost TOO heavy for my taste. I'm nervous putting that thing on any kind of shelf.

Agreed and agreed. The Hulk PF is almost TOO heavy for my taste. I'm nervous putting that thing on any kind of shelf.

LOL. My cousin owns it. Everytime I go over to see him he tells me to lift it up. He keeps trying to change my mind on the piece. :rotfl It's definitely a solid and heavy piece that requires a strong shelf.

I will be in the market for the upcoming Hulk maquette. I have to wonder just how heavy that bad boy is gonna be.

Solid wood nightstand :lecture

Very true. I'm still working with Ikea Bestas though. I don't trust those things at all for heavy pieces at all. Half of them won't even fit, but still some of the heavier pieces I keep on the bottom shelf, regardless

Very true. I'm still working with Ikea Bestas though. I don't trust those things at all for heavy pieces at all. Half of them won't even fit, but still some of the heavier pieces I keep on the bottom shelf, regardless

I'm in the same boat. All of my heavy pieces go on the very top or bottom of my Bestas. I have more peace of mind that way.

Heavy comes with qualitY as i noticed with old releases by SS

Heavier is 100% better that's why in my opinion dynamic forces 1:1 busts are superior to sideshows. Better sculpts to.

"Hollowness is a state of mind!"

That's what the last airhead collector I met said.

from my point of view it really matters

The weight of a statue does make a difference, I received my Doom PF the other day and he is solid! Much heavier that you'd expect, and it just feels like I got what a paid for. If he was hollow it just wouldnt be the same

So quick question as this is all new to me. (the hobby in general and this issue). The upcoming Rhino Comiquette which looks huge, is probably gonna be hollow? Thats a bit of a let down.

So quick question as this is all new to me. (the hobby in general and this issue). The upcoming Rhino Comiquette which looks huge, is probably gonna be hollow? Thats a bit of a let down.

But real rhinos are hollow. The outside is just a candy shell. That's why all those oriental black market buyers want them so they can get a diamond hard throbber. :wink1:

Dear DHAVAL, could you please change the titel of the thread into:
Does weight really matter for the quality of a statue??

I based my purchase decisions on the statue's sculpt and pose. Paint apps is also important to me. As for the statue's weight, it doesn't mean much to me.

Re: Does weight really matters for the quality of a statue????

I like to feel a bit of weight in my statues.The older SS pieces were definitely heavier especially the Hulk PF.I`d say the new maquette will be nowhere near that heavy.
For the most part the weight does not really have an effect on the quality, although i did see some pics of a broken Batman 1:1 bust which was like an eggshell,not good at all :(

Back