Does Sideshow have Quality Control?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supermetroid

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've noticed alot of people have posted pictures of statues (Spider-woman most recently) with broken parts and bad paint. Do these statues get inspected?

My guess is they take one off the line the first day and do a quick look over then say "ok" and leave the rest to go untouched.

They put quality control stickers on them, not sure if they inspect them though. Seems to mainly be the Marvel girls that suffer. Haven't had any issues with what I've bought but can see why the Marvel collectors are upset.

No in all the statues, I do have lots problem with ss. Most of them are paint job.

Yeah, I really don't know what those stickers are supposed to mean, since many statues are so clearly screwed up when they arrive in collector's hands. Maybe they make sure the right piece is in the box? That they have all their appendages? SSC has really been uneven with that stuff in recent years. For every masterful release like PF Joker or Jason you seem to get a stinker like Rogue or Mark VI Maquette.

Sideshow's new business model. :lecture

Customer Service Rep................................Quality Control..............................Customer Serivce Rep
monkeys%20three%20see%20hear%20speak.jpg

Their QC stickers don't mean anything to me anymore. Seems like they just slapped a QC sticker on every box just before it leaves the factory. Nothing more, nothing less.

[ame="https://youtu.be/mEB7WbTTlu4"]https://youtu.be/mEB7WbTTlu4[/ame]

Their QC stickers don't mean anything to me anymore. Seems like they just slapped a QC sticker on every box just before it leaves the factory. Nothing more, nothing less.

Some don't even have QC stickers? They need to step up big time. I can only support so much before I make a decision to invest my hard earn money somewhere else. That's about $10-$15k a year...

Ssc needs to get rid of some the factories that has known QC issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back