Does 1/4 Scale count as an Action Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say it's still a figure. But personally I prefer static statues at quarter scale, they just look more natural. Stuff like wrist pegs and joints just seem to look more wonky and body proportions and armor shape being slightly off is more magnified.

I have also found that HT have become so good at detailing 1/6 figures that often the 1/6 versions are just as good as their 1/4 counterparts.

I bought and own the 1/4 HT Fett but passed on Vader for the above reasons plus fear of the pleather suit. I wouldn't necessarily say I totally regret the Fett but I would trade it for a nice statue. I'm firmly on the fence regarding the 1/4 Mando.

If it?s the size of an infant or small child, I do believe that would qualify it as a doll:monkey3

I thought we settled this in 2012 with Doll Rambo.

71DRJx-3-mL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

All kidding aside, if articulation is a primary feature, it's an action figure. Statues with limbs that can key in multiple positions wouldn't fulfill that criterion.

Guess that means the Hot Toys Alien Warrior 2.0 isn't much of an action figure, but I don't think anyone would disagree with that. :lol

3 3/4? - Action Figure
6? - Action Figure
1/6 - Dollie
1/4 - Big Dollie

That's funny that you said that. My wife calls my 1/6 scale figures "baby dolls". Of course I immediately correct her by saying they are "adult collectibles". I swear, it pisses me off every time she does it. Lol.

I had the quarter scale Vader and I still considered it to be an action figure due to being able to pose it.

If it’s got clothes, it’s a doll.

If it’s all sculpted, it’s an action figure.

Hot Toys Quarter Scale figures have clothes. They’re all dolls.

If it’s got clothes, it’s a doll.

If it’s all sculpted, it’s an action figure.

Hot Toys Quarter Scale figures have clothes. They’re all dolls.

Okay DiFabio, but what if my 1/4 Vader decides it's time for a skinny dip? Just a big ol' helmet and one scarred nude body. :rotfl

There are many layers to this.

Back