Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be ok with Cumberbatch, but something tells me that he'd overact the **** out of this character w/o proper directing...

Worst comic casting news since Keanu was cast as John Constantine a few years back. This may be the first Marvel movie I pass on...

Just don't care for Cabbagepatch....always reminds me of John Lovitz on those old Saturday Night Lives....he's always "ACTING!"

Worst comic casting news since Keanu was cast as John Constantine a few years back. This may be the first Marvel movie I pass on...

Just don't care for Cabbagepatch....always reminds me of John Lovitz on those old Saturday Night Lives....he's always "ACTING!"

Really?

have you seen who is playing Flash

4160321-9643466471-tumbl.jpg

Agreed. Luke Evans all the way. He looks and he can act (as seen on Dracula Untold).

Cumberbatch also strikes me as the type that would do two movies and start bitching about doing another a third one. Just get a good, affordable actor that will stay for the long run.

So you don’t want Cumberbatch based on a hunch?

Cumberbatch is a much better actor than Luke Evans, and he’ll at the very least be getting an Oscar nom this year.

Would be a smart choice. Cumberbatch is at the height of his geek popularity and that plays into Marvels demographic

This :lecture

LOL Yeah, I can see that. I still don't get all this love for Evans, who seems to me to be an average actor who doesn't even really look like Strange, as he looks too traditionally manly/heroic. But I might prefer him over Cumberbatch, as at least I don't think he would annoy me.

I don't know if I've ever seen Cabbagepatch in anything except Star Trek, but I did like him in that,from just a visual standpoint though I do prefer Bard.

people are complaining? One of the best actors working today just signed to Marvel and people don't like it lol He's the best sherlock in decades, was awesome as Khan, killed it as Smaug and was great in tinker tailor soldier spy. He is in fact probably the only reason I will now see this film.

That's actually the one aspect that I think would make him great for this particular role. When you have to deliver dialogue like "The hoary hosts of Hoggoth!" you need that hyper dramatic Shakespearean style of acting to pull it off. Unfortunately, I still think he's 10 years too young for the role.

Doctor Strange is a bizarre character, a hokey oddball. It's going to take someone who can lay it on thick to make it work. I haven't seen Cumberbatch in much, but I think he can achieve the quirk needed. He seems like an odd duck himself.

Doctor Strange is a bizarre character, a hokey oddball. It's going to take someone who can lay it on thick to make it work.

:goodpost:

He's an over the top character and his movie should reflect that. And if they try to pull that "magic is just advanced science" ****, they can just **** right off with that.

I saw your post after I hit reply, beating me to saying it. :D

After what Marvel has done so successfully depicting their characters in all of these interconnected movies, I'm sure he'll get the proper treatment. I expect an underlying spirit of fun like GOTG had, because they know for certain if they take Strange too seriously it's a guaranteed fail. As long as Cumberbatch has a good sense of humor, that's going to count for a lot.

I've been rooting for him since day 1. I don't think any of us has any place to question Marvel's casting.

After seeing James Spader's voice to his Ultron in the AoU trailer, I have total faith in what they do.

Dorks love to ***** and fight about everything. It's an unsavory, innate quality in our character makeup. Some of us have control over it, but it does inevitably come out in other ways. That's why people hate me on here. :D

I've been rooting for him since day 1. I don't think any of us has any place to question Marvel's casting.

After seeing James Spader's voice to his Ultron in the AoU trailer, I have total faith in what they do.

Don Cheadle is absolutely miscast as Rhodey, popular or not, I don't think Scarlet was a good choice for Black Widow, and Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym, I don't think Marvel has been perfect in the casting department but most of the time they're good.

I'm fine with Cumberbatch, good acting always takes precedence over comic book accuracy for me.

No mention of him by Marvel at the press conference event. If it was such a sure thing, they would have brought it up. There might be some hope that Cumberbatch wont be starring this after all.

Back