Do You Want to Live Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure. Now how do I force my neighbor to do the same? Seeing the catch 22 here?

I don't see the catch 22. I see no other alternative. Living for others is subjecting yourself to slavery, and living at the expense of others is subjecting them to slavery. There is a moral option besides dog-eat-dog (not that many people are aware of it).

As for your daughter, you couldn't force her to do it. You could teach her and give her the opportunity to understand that it's better for her, and then let her choose to act that way. Or not.

Damn media and spin. It's not saying we'll live forever (bogus sensationalism) it's saying they'll be able to arrest the aging process. Hasn't that been happening since man arrived?

Man is constantly looking for new ways to survive or extend our lives. It always has. With every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So once they are able to halt the aging process, that in itself will highlight new problems to overcome.

Once we're able to live forever we'll be wanting a cure for immortality. Man is very inventive but lacks the social versatility to respond to it's own dilemma's in a timely and responsible manner.

Damn media and spin. It's not saying we'll live forever (bogus sensationalism) it's saying they'll be able to arrest the aging process. Hasn't that been happening since man arrived?

Man is constantly looking for new ways to survive or extend our lives. It always has. With every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So once they are able to halt the aging process, that in itself will highlight new problems to overcome.

Once we're able to live forever we'll be wanting a cure for immortality. Man is very inventive but lacks the social versatility to respond to it's own dilemma's in a timely and responsible manner.

Nothing like a good Creecher post to put things into perspective :rock

BTW, digging the new avatar... you don't change much, but when you do its cool :duff

Man is constantly looking for new ways to survive or extend our lives. It always has. With every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So once they are able to halt the aging process, that in itself will highlight new problems to overcome. .

man will not continue to live longer. it's the opposite. with all the crap people put into their bodies. drugs, booze, goverment medication which almost everyone in the world takes. most take way more then they need, which also has many side affects which make you sick in some way. food is mostly crap now a days. nothing with nutrition value. vegetables sprayed with chemicals and steriods and god knows what else. l can't even buy a jar of peanuts with out them being covered in salt. cell phones giving us brain cancer now. trust me in the near future mans life span will be shorter then the last generation.

Except that if you look at the Middle Ages, when food was all natural and medicine was simple, people had trouble living into their 20's. As late as the 19th century, mortality rates for children under 5 were as high as 85%.

Hasn't that been happening since man arrived?

Yup. So has increasing production, as well as finding ways to accomodate greater and greater populations. Of course, to the extent that people attempt to centrally manage it, they will be less and less able to support it. Soviet Russia occupied the most fertile soil on the planet and within a decade of the revolution they were facing mass starvation.

Nothing like a good Creecher post to put things into perspective :rock

BTW, digging the new avatar... you don't change much, but when you do its cool :duff
I'm just a cynic. This scientist isn't telling anyone anything new. I suspect he's just looking for funding to prolong his existence :lol in the lifestyle he expects to be accustomed to when his research changes him from de Grey to de Black.

:duff

Personally I also think this Scientist that has made this claim is full of it. Perhaps if he also can cure cancer, lets even go easier than that and say the common cold, then I might take him more seriously

Forever no, but healthy and long sure. I don't want to be 80-90 years old and be feable and barely able to move. IT is sad to see grandparents and parents go through that. Would hate to see my wife and myself go through it too. SO whatever they can do to prolong a healthy life I am up for it! Where do I sign up?

Forever no, but healthy and long sure. I don't want to be 80-90 years old and be feable and barely able to move. IT is sad to see grandparents and parents go through that. Would hate to see my wife and myself go through it too. SO whatever they can do to prolong a healthy life I am up for it! Where do I sign up?
:lecture Agreed.

Back