Do You Want to Live Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
According to longevity research, science might be just close. According to them the first person to live until 150 has already been born and the first person to live to 1000 will be born within 20 years.

"I'd say we have a 50/50 chance of bringing aging under what I'd call a decisive level of medical control within the next 25 years or so," de Grey said in an interview before delivering a lecture at Britain's Royal Institution academy of science.
"And what I mean by decisive is the same sort of medical control that we have over most infectious diseases today."

Link here: https://news.yahoo.com/wants-live-forever-scientist-sees-aging-cured-131029279.html

I don't even think I want to live much past 70. :lol Imagine how f'n long you would have to work if you lived hundreds of years. Ugh.

"I want more life, Father!"

3iEE3.jpg

It's easy for young'uns to say "I don't want to live past X", but once the reality of not existing forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever... sinks in, I'm willing to bet everyone will want to sign up for just about anything that may extend their life.

I'd be 50 by the time they could slow it down or whatever so I'd venture a guess no.

Looks like we could be remembered as the last people to die, make it count. :lol

It's easy for young'uns to say "I don't want to live past X", but once the reality of not existing forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever... sinks in, I'm willing to bet everyone will want to sign up for just about anything that may extend their life.

Nah....not me. After 70, I'll be broke...I have no family of my own..so where would that leave me? In some crappy state run assisted living/retirement center or out on the street? No thanks....

Now if I strike it rich in the next 30 years and I'm in good health...then I just may change my answer.

Depending on my quality of life and financial situation when the med tech is there...why not.

Nah....not me. After 70, I'll be broke...I have no family of my own..so where would that leave me? In some crappy state run assisted living/retirement center or out on the street? No thanks....

Now if I strike it rich in the next 30 years and I'm in good health...then I just may change my answer.

Jen, I hear ya! I'm in the same boat as you. And now they want to move Medicare eligibility to 67 now and probably higher by the time we get there, we'll drop dead working with no healthcare.

I honestly don't think any of this will happen. With no healthcare, people won't be able to live as long and I personally think it will reverse. They've already said this generation will probably die sooner than their parents, simply because of bad food, enviroment and lack of health care. I'm betting I don't live as long as my mother.

l actually can't wait till l die. i'm not scared of dying. l cant wait to find out if there really is a god. l hope l don't live to an old age, but ween our awesome healthcare might keep me ticking past the age l want.:lol

Jen, I hear ya! I'm in the same boat as you. And now they want to move Medicare eligibility to 67 now and probably higher by the time we get there, we'll drop dead working with no healthcare.

I honestly don't think any of this will happen. With no healthcare, people won't be able to live as long and I personally think it will reverse. They've already said this generation will probably die sooner than their parents, simply because of bad food, enviroment and lack of health care. I'm betting I don't live as long as my mother.

And who knows if we will even have social security. With no income and what small amount we have saved...we are screwed. :( Doesn't sound like much fun to me. :dunno When I retire, I may have around $250K+ in my IRA if things go as planned...but that's not going to last long in this day and age...and if I have health problems...forget about it.

I wouldn't want to simply because a world where people live such excessively long lives means the Earth would be hellishly overpopulated. I've seen Soylent Green, no thank you.

Back