Do you think Sideshow need to control more the quality of Final product??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamonrg

Super Freak
Reaction score
Are you satisfied with your final product all the time or do you think sideshow reduce final product quality and don't make enough control to save money.
Each year there is problem with final product which are very different from prototype. Do you accept this on product that cost 200-300 and more.

Vote and write your opinion.

Show to Sideshow if you don't accept this!

Note to Sideshow Team if you want to know what your customers are thinking about products like moria orc or other in the past, you should do a poll on your website.

I love sideshow products but hate when there is QC problem or lot of change on final products.

I agree with most people here. The pictures should be updated way before starts to ship and if there is a big change in either clothing or sculpt, there should be something on the newsletter a few weeks prior to shipping.

This is the least they can do considering we spend thousands of dollars on their products....

Cheers

I think QC at Sideshow has improved a lot over the last year but there is always room for improvement.

I think there is little they can do that they aren't already doing. The quality control is handled by whom? It's easy enough for Hot Toys to pop into the factory and oversee production. Afterall, they speak the language. Not so easy for Sideshow to do. There has been an explanation given previously, but I'm too lazy to search it up. How about you? Anyway, quality isn't as controlled as one would like to believe.

I think QC at Sideshow has improved a lot over the last year but there is always room for improvement.

I agree. There is always room for improvement, and with what Hot Toys is able to achieve, and Sideshow's price not that much cheapr than theirs, we deserve just as nice QC (although to be fair, Hot Toys could improve too).

I voted yes. I've been collecting Sideshow's 1/6 stuff for years, and while most of it comes out pretty good, it seems like more often than not the pieces are off in one way or another. Be it paints jobs, floppy bodies, material changes without notification, weathering that doesn't show up on production pieces or just sloppy tailoring in general. Sideshow really does need to get a handle on this stuff. I want to keep collecting the Indiana Jones line and I don't want to pay $80-$100 for rag doll bodies.

The new Pro is an excellent poster child for the need to improve quality control. A big YES to the poll question for me.

If I vote YES, then does it mean I have 0% chances from getting my waitlist for the Iron Man Comiquette converted to actual order?

I'll be more than happy to vote NO if somehow it can be converted to actual order.

I haven't had many issues with the 1/6th stuff but have had many, many issues with statues and premium formats that have had to been returned. It's an adventure to open a statue to see if you need to return it right away and then hope that the replacement you get shipped is ok as well.

I agree that the final production products need to be closer to the solicited pieces. I understand they won't be an exact match, as the solicited products are always the ideal piece, but what we get to display should at least be in the same ballpark. Completely different looking head sculpts or different fabric used for key parts is unacceptable.

I don't mind the changes of the final production product being different from the proto-type, but let me know of the changes so that I can make my final decision to keep it or cancel it. That's all...

Sideshow show is notorious for poor quality control. Though they have improved over the last year or so, there is A LOT of room for improvement.

Whats annoying me more than anything is their ridiculous inconsistencies. You can receive 2 figures, back to back, and one will be outstanding and the other will be a huge disappointment.

I love Sideshow and I love their products butI have come to expect it from them, and that is the sad part.

I have pre-ordered the EX King Leonidas but really scared about getting it bec worried the final product will come no where near the prototype. I have seen it in the ASH PF, INDY PF, and the JASON PF. The only PF i felt they did a really great job on was the Leatherface and Freddy, but even then i can comment on a whole bunch of things that are different to the prototype to. :D

And all my reading through this forum has shown that sideshow quality slips quite steeply when the final product comes out. I mean come on sideshow with PF's you only make so many, so why cant you take the extra effect and care into making them exactly like the Prototype.

Its not like your producing 1000s and 1000s of these guys. I would certainly wait up to an extra half a year knowing when my product comes it'll be exactly like the prototype. But seriously is it just me or does Sideshow quailty seem to be getting worse over the more products they turn out???? :confused:

wow. not a single NO vote... that speaks volumes....
Everyone should give their opinion on this as its good FB for SS as long as it stays constructive.

.. also, all the regulars that you know have read this thread and dont vote at all is an unspoken YES vote IMO ..... :monkey1

more than anything the factory repairs are a slap in the face to SS and the customers. Such as Fury's broken and painted over lapel on his Frank Dio. Completely unacceptable somebody int he factory would think its ok to notice the break and then just paint right over it and on top of that it passes QC like that.

I have a few sc products i am a bit disappointed in, 12" aragorn springs to mind. The problem I have is that intenational shipping is so costly ( I near double the cost between shipping and exchange) that an average it is cheaper for me to keep a product I'm not 100% happy with than return it. I'll second or 40th the vote for production pics being up before shipping starts to better let us decide if it's really worth keeping. By the time it gets to me, I keep it no matter what. Of course I have a few figs that I would happily pay more for, the pf assaj and fell beast eagle diorama were well worth every penny and more. I just wish it wasn't so hit and miss sometimes.

I wanted to vote for YES, I have to vote NO by mistake!
I am not satisfied by all final product

I've only had a couple issues with Sideshow over the years. Most have been with the bodies on 1/6th scale figures and loose joints. Only one time have I had to get a replacement and they helped me out very promptly and efficiently. There is always room for improvement and I think Sideshow is on the right track.

My first and only experience so far with a Sideshow product is the Thor PF. My first Thor came with the wrong size disc on the left side of his chest. 2 months later I have received a replacement and wouldn't you know it, the foot on the raised leg does not touch the base. It floats about an 1/8 of an inch off of it. It's minor and you can't really tell unless you point it out or look at it from below but that does not change the fact that I paid close to $400 for this piece and I have had more aggravation than enjoyment out of it. I have decided not to return it a second time because I will most likely sell it and upgrade to an EX in the future.

I'm sure these things don't happen often but know this! I have a Captain America EX PF comming and if there is anything wrong with it, then I am done with PF's completely. I'll stick to Hot Toys 1/6. I don't like the idea of paying top dollar to be aggravated.

Back