Do we need a Disney forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we create a Disney forum?

• Yes

Votes: 76 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.3%

• Total voters
Well, even if it's a Disney forum and Lost is produced by ABC Studios, I wouldn't consider Lost to fall under the umbrella. But Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Bros. - all could be discussed there.

Except for Bodie - he knows he's not allowed to post about those.

:lol:lol:lol

We're seeing about a 50% approval rate. I'd love to hear if my theory is correct and there are some Disney fan lurkers here - speak up if you're out there!

Don't forget that Disney has an evil side as well....

runbrain_big_017.jpg

That'll bring in some folks as well.

Why bother waiting? We've already got one Disney thread, and there will be more to follow as products are announced. Plus the new Pixar movie will be coming out this summer so there's another thread there. I guess it really doesn't make much difference for me whether there is one or not becuase I use the new posts and never really go into the individual forums. But it seems to me that there is an expectation that a Disney forum will be needed, so why not now?

I agree why wait. We already have a Disney PF thread, Hot Toys Pirates thread, and Electric Tiki Disney thread. I remember a thread for the Gentle Giant Pixar Maquettes also and one for there Animated Pirates too. When the PF's are announced there will be alot more threads showing up.

For me, it's a no thanks.

Well, even if it's a Disney forum and Lost is produced by ABC Studios, I wouldn't consider Lost to fall under the umbrella.

Lord, IMO an even bigger reason for not having one then. :lol:

Dave's asking for new members to post and the oldies keep posting. IMO, just leave disney under general until the new arrivals start pouring in. My 2 cents.

or like someone said, a new "animation/animated" forum.

I said no, cause I'm not a Disney Collector, but as long as no other forum gets dropped, then go for it.

Is there a set number of boards you'll allow Dave, is that what the hang up is? you have to eliminate one to create one? As far the concern over timing of when to create board, I really don't see a difference either way. I mean you create it now, then we go there and chew the rag about Disney right now. You create it later we'll go there and talk about Disney then, why wait till things start shipping? judging by how long the process is of ordering, waiting, and finally shipping- then we'll be waiting for the creation of this board till next year.

Is there a set number of boards you'll allow Dave, is that what the hang up is? you have to eliminate one to create one? As far the concern over timing of when to create board, I really don't see a difference either way. I mean you create it now, then we go there and chew the rag about Disney right now. You create it later we'll go there and talk about Disney then, why wait till things start shipping? judging by how long the process is of ordering, waiting, and finally shipping- then we'll be waiting for the creation of this board till next year.

People are constantly complaining either that there are too many sections or that they want to see their favorite specialty have it's own forum. There is a level at which specialization becomes stupid. You wouldn't want to have to check into a forum that may interest you just to see there haven't been any new posts for 2 days. The more forums there are, the more likely that's going to happen.

I think it's getting to the point that a Disney forum is a necessity, just for the SS PF line alone I would say.

Back