Do we need a Disney forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we create a Disney forum?

• Yes

Votes: 76 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.3%

• Total voters
I like the "animation" section idea. That way it would keep the POTC discussion (and hopefully other live action movies like Tron that SSC does) in the General Movies discussion.

I think the fan base of POTC is not necessarily an animated Disney fan base, therefore, they shouldn't be forced to mix there.

I like the idea of an animation section as well... Disney is just too specific IMO, and really doesn't seem to have generated a huge amount of discussion here.

I like the idea of an animation section as well... Disney is just too specific IMO, and really doesn't seem to have generated a huge amount of discussion here.

That does sound like a better idea. Anime is getting overlooked too. We just see random threads focusing on Anime.

That does sound like a better idea. Anime is getting overlooked too. We just see random threads focusing on Anime.

As noted above - Disney is more about just the animated films. And I don't see a lot of discussion on anime topics.

I like the "animation" section idea. That way it would keep the POTC discussion (and hopefully other live action movies like Tron that SSC does) in the General Movies discussion.

I think the fan base of POTC is not necessarily an animated Disney fan base, therefore, they shouldn't be forced to mix there.

I agree. I'm into POTC, but not animated Disney so much. I like it, but I wouldn't collect.

Sounds like a good idea, might be a way of keeping the nice fluffy bunny people away from the scum and villainy.
Being hi-end collectibles I doubt there will be that many 'kids' but I'd bet a good few more wholesome 'milk and cookies' folk might start frequenting!:naughty

EDIT

My only worry is that when posting new info some fans might not visit the Disney section, but as has been mentioned, be interested in POTC, Narnia etc, which seems to belong more in general???

Hmmm, bigger problem than I thought.

Last edited:
I never realized people go to the forums that much. I usually just use the "new posts" button. I never know what forum I am in.

I imagine Dave and the Mods could have an idea what should go where. Like Pixar movies go in Disney but POTC goes in movies and TV or whatever makes the most sense. Then they could sticky it to the Disney forum and people would be redirected to the appropriate forum. And if a thread is in the "wrong" one they can move it to the right one. But maybe I'm making alot of unnecessary work for them.

So.....we have 65% approval....how high does it have to be to see this new forum created?

This isn't the senate. The yeas have it.

With Dave's approval of course. :monkey3

Back