Do Actors buy Sculptures of Themselves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any actors buy scultps/figures of themselves?

Would Harrison Ford buy the 1/4 Han figure? Would either one of the people who played Vader buy that figure? What about other Star Wars actors, would they buy the 12" figures?

Would Arnie buy the new T800 12" figure?

They could have these instead of portrait paintings!

Are there any actors here who've bought scultps of themselves?

Has there been any feedback from actors?

PsychoCenobite :horror

Hells of Iron said:
Christopher Lee wanted one of the Saruman Weta sculpts.

Christopher Lee has a bronzed Saruman sculpt they did special for him.

I would .. if it was good.
but then again it could have the "hearing your own voice" effect, and you just dont like seeing yourself as a sculpt.
Im sure Lance H. has a SS Frank Black.

one thing that always frustrates me is how celebs become famous and start making million$$ and thats when everyone wants to GIVE them stuff!
Charg'em DOUBLE I say. they can afford it now. (except for Lance, he's too damn nice)

I wouldn't be surprised.

A lot of celebraties buy the original Mad magazine artwork when they appear in an issue, and they pay pretty good.

Except Gene Simmons from Kiss.

He wants it for practically nothing. I guess because he's Gene Simmons.

-Ray

Illustrations
www.rayalma.com

Lance was having a blast playing with the Frank Black fig on the cam during one of the chats. He seemed to be quite impressed with it. He autographed enough of them, I certainly hope someone sent him home with one of them.

Ursus3978 said:
I wouldn't be surprised.

A lot of celebraties buy the original Mad magazine artwork when they appear in an issue, and they pay pretty good.

Except Gene Simmons from Kiss.

He wants it for practically nothing. I guess because he's Gene Simmons.

-Ray

Illustrations
www.rayalma.com

Cool sie and illustrations! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :horror

PsychoCenobite said:
Would Harrison Ford buy the 1/4 Han figure? Would either one of the people who played Vader buy that figure? What about other Star Wars actors, would they buy the 12" figures?

a few years ago, i read an account that a crew member on a harrison ford film, "what lies beneath", approached ford and asked him to autograph two toys mc coy indiana jones figures. it was said that ford was interested in looking at them, as he had not seen them before.

so, if ford isn't getting one of the most sought after figures ever made, i doubt he's buying anything else made of him. plus if you ever hear his in an interview, i think collectibles are the last thing he's interested in.:cool:

I know for a fact that Samuel L Jackson collects figures of himself. There was an article in Entertainment Weekly awhile back detailing his interest in his likeness.

So I'm sure he will be owning the Sideshow 12" Mace Windu REAL soon. :D

Yes,

Arnold has a Cinemaquette of himself.

He also had a full size gold statue of himself made and you see it when you first walk into his house.

captain sack said:
a few years ago, i read an account that a crew member on a harrison ford film, "what lies beneath", approached ford and asked him to autograph two toys mc coy indiana jones figures. it was said that ford was interested in looking at them, as he had not seen them before.

so, if ford isn't getting one of the most sought after figures ever made, i doubt he's buying anything else made of him. plus if you ever hear his in an interview, i think collectibles are the last thing he's interested in.:cool:

I've gotten the impression in interviews that Harrison Ford would like to completely disassociate himself from Star Wars. He wants nothing to do with it, and merely sees his involvement with it in the past as a sort of "meal ticket" that brought him enough fame to get to do some "real work" in other movies. They put him on the map and he's grateful for that, but he moved on a long time ago, and seems to want the rest of the world to do the same. Kind of a bummer. (He was a good sport on Conan recently, but it was obvious how he felt about Star Wars being brought up again.) I doubt that a Han Solo PF will be sitting on his mantle any time soon.

I wonder how big the truckload of money will be that finally convinces him to sign the MR Falcon...

i say we all chip in and buy a han PF and sent it to harrison ford with a note saying "here's a present to you from your loyal fans, thanks for all the memories. you scruffy looking nerfherder!!!"

Gruson said:
Yes,

Arnold has a Cinemaquette of himself.

He also had a full size gold statue of himself made and you see it when you first walk into his house.

Of course, body builders always want to look at themselves.

I think it would be kinda creepy seeing a minature of yourself though hehe.

EVILFACE said:
Of course, body builders always want to look at themselves.

I think it would be kinda creepy seeing a minature of yourself though hehe.

Are you saying you wouldn't like a figure of yourself made? I would think that would be any collector's deam would be made into a figure.

Buttmunch said:
Are you saying you wouldn't like a figure of yourself made? I would think that would be any collector's deam would be made into a figure.
Yeah I don't have a problem with the Cinemaquette part, but a giant gold statue of one's self? That's ridiculous.
Personally I'd like a head sculpt of myself that I can put on a Sideshow figure with Stormtrooper armor. :drool
Too bad I'm nowhere near as thin as a typical Sideshow body. :eek:

I always wondered this. But do the actors know that a figure is being made? Does Buffy know SS made a PF of her?

Michael Madsen has some of the Mr. Blonde statues and figures and stuff, you can see some of it on the "Reservoir Dogs: Ten Years" DVD. Bruce Campbell, on the other hand, has been open about what he thinks about action figure representations of himself. He's been quoted as saying any Ash figure or model kit that comes into his possession goes immediately to the attic.

Back