Dj custom toys gump

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I bought a Jnix head when I had the opportunity...
3f927b61896891503bb1c968862fbb6e.jpg
b933eb511fdb1424dc9444c818718e55.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

The pictures so far have not been too kind. The head is not perfect but definitely better than pics have shown, although I will still upgrade with Inigos offering. Overall, for the price, I say grab him while you can.

The pictures so far have not been too kind. The head is not perfect but definitely better than pics have shown, although I will still upgrade with Inigos offering. Overall, for the price, I say grab him while you can.
I'll have mine tomorrow but I kinda figured as much. People dont know how to futz. But I agree for the price you cant really complain. The suit and accessories look great. Cant wait to pair this with Inigos sculpt. Beats the hell out of my kitbash I threw together years ago. It's great to have an (unofficial) official Gump in the collection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ok, this is a special release for me. One of my favorite film characters, film and my favorite Tom Hanks role of all time. When I think back to the 90s I think of three films right off the bat. Terminator 2. Braveheart and Forrest Gump. DJcustom really did an amazing job here. I was sceptical of this release. I have never gotten anything from DJ Custom before, but upon opening the shipper box to reveal the beautiful art box with slip cover and a textured box I knew some love had to have gone into this. It was apparent on the box itself!

"Im Forrest Forrest Gump"

The box is actually quite huge as well to hold the assembled park bench.
Looking at all the accessories from the feather to the bubbagump hat to the ping pong paddle to the suitcase itself a lot of thought went into this. I cant speak for Doggiedocdesigns Gump Suitcase since I missed out on that run, but what I'm seeing here I'm liking. A lot. And it really lessens the sting from missing out on Andy's work. The Suit is well tailored and honestly aside from it being maybe a tad over sized I think it still works.

"Life is like a box of chocolates..you never know what you're gonna get."

Sculpt and Overall impressions.
Seeing the initial Final product pics left a lot to be desired as most were not very flattering. I wasnt too concerned however as my plan is to replace this sculpt with a custom coming soon.
But honestly in hand, if the custom head wasnt available, I think I'd be more than content with this. In some angles it's easily 90% in person. Camera might warp it some but I tried to get a few good quick pics.
Overall for $185, with everything you get, its great! I highly recommend picking one up if you are a fan of Forrest Gump.
I love Marvel, DC, Star Wars as much as the next guy, but if you know me and my focus in the collection this is definitely a huge release for me. Wish HT or other 1:6 companies would look into more of these types of releases. THIS is the stuff that gets me excited in the hobby!

https://youtu.be/_WHXa4cIHiU

Thank youThat bench is from the Tom's Forrest release years back..I just repainted it. Fits in a detolf perfectly.

Looks great! Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Anybody know where to get one reasonably priced? Ebay seems high.

For anyone looking to improve on the sculpt, Inigos Gump sculpt is now live to order. It?s a little pricey, but I think it?s worth it.
0557-AAF1-CFB7-4-BC0-A26-C-08-E30-F58-A06-D.jpg

Last edited:
Back