Disney: Get YOU in Carbonite as a figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think they'd put my wife in actual carbonite? I might be willing to buy that :D

:lolYou better hope your wife doesn't peruse this thread:medic. This is a very cool idea and if I could get one I would but I would prefer it in 1/6th scale.

This is really cool...but what I do not understand for our collector interest ,is given they make 3d scans, why do companies like ssc not just make a 3d scan of the original prop, opposed to having sculptors? I mean if there cost is covered plus profit for $100 on 8 in scale , why not 1/6th scale, for $150 $200, and we all know we would pay it for a 100% acurate han in carbonite...no questions asked.

I really like the idea of a custom carbonite, one with some features like the PF would just make it even better.

This is really cool...but what I do not understand for our collector interest ,is given they make 3d scans, why do companies like ssc not just make a 3d scan of the original prop, opposed to having sculptors? I mean if there cost is covered plus profit for $100 on 8 in scale , why not 1/6th scale, for $150 $200, and we all know we would pay it for a 100% acurate han in carbonite...no questions asked.

Gentle Giant used actual scans of the actors for some of their mini-busts, but I think in many cases the resulting products didn't actually look that great -- not without some work by a real sculptor. A good sculptor knows what details to stress and which to leave out so that the likeness works even at a smaller scale. Plus I don't think Sideshow has the ability to scan something as big as the Carbonite block, or the access to the prop they would need to do so.

By the way, I don't think Disney actually scanned the Carbonite block either -- the scanning part only applies to the people they are putting in the block.

I hope they'll still have it and better upgrade in a few years when I visit disney..lol

Gentle Giant used actual scans of the actors for some of their mini-busts, but I think in many cases the resulting products didn't actually look that great -- not without some work by a real sculptor. A good sculptor knows what details to stress and which to leave out so that the likeness works even at a smaller scale. Plus I don't think Sideshow has the ability to scan something as big as the Carbonite block, or the access to the prop they would need to do so.
Sorry, but that is just not correct. They showed off the scanned likeness concepts of several characters and they were AWESOME... yet the decision was made to either rework or sculpt from scratch. The whole scanned from original and the real actors/actresses went the way of the dodo.

In my view a piss-poor decision.

Back