Discount on Iron Man Life Size Bust For EU Customers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamonrg

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yesterday Sideshow announced a bad news for EU customers:

Dear Collector,

We are contacting you regarding your recent pre-order of our 1:1 Scale Iron Man Bust (item # 2957 & 2597 Flex) based on the upcoming film, “Iron Man”. Our production facilities recently have confirmed changes in the final box dimensions. Unfortunately, the new dimensions exceed the local carrier’s limitations and therefore we will be unable to ship this item to you directly from our EU warehouse as originally planned.

This item will now be shipping from our US warehouse only. If this change affects your purchasing decision, you may cancel your order at any time without penalty, including any orders that happen to have been placed through a flexible payment plan. Please make sure all order adjustments are made prior to the item’s arrival into our warehouse to avoid any mis-shipments as well as charges to your card on file.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this change may have caused for you. However, we look forward to delivering to you an item that will be the highlight of your Marvel collection!

Best regards,

The Customer Service Team

Okay we understand but now if sideshow want EU customers buy this life size bust directly from US I think sideshow should make a discount for EU customers as they announced first that this one would be ship from EU wharehouse.
Hope Sideshow will do same thing like Speeder Bike and Scout, otherwise customers cancel at this time their order.

:monkey1

well. i got informed yesterday...
i think the discount is at this point...``you may cancel your order at any time without penalty``
i don`t know what to do really...i really want this one..

I got screwed around by the EU warehouse, but I did get a discount for Palpatine...however IM is a massive item, so any discount would be tiny in comparison to the full price...

This is one of the reasons why I have a love-hate relationship with SSC. Most of the time they are good, but sometimes they make you feel that they don't need your money. If you don't buy it, there are plenty of other collectors to get the green from! Then they just leave you out in the cold. If they realize that European customers do many extra efforts to buy their stuff (wait for the newsletter in the middle of the night, accept high shipping fees and taxes, pay the items nearly a month before they actually arrive, ...), they don't always act like it.

i agree! also the prices from retailers here in greece are very high, fyi a diorama of anakin vs obi wan costs around 370 € .Not to mention any rare items..

Please understand that we don't have a choice when it comes to size and whether it will ship from the EU warehouse or not. If the box ends up being over a certain dimension, the carrier that picks up and delivers from the EU warehouse (I believe it is Parcel Force/GLS & Parceline?) will NOT deal with it due to the size / liability.

Plus, there is a much higher rate of damages when shipping large, expensive items through that service, rather than directly from the U.S. with a global carrier such as FedEx or UPS.

In many instances, the final shipping box has not been designed at the time an item is made available for pre-order, as we normally use the prototype to gauge interest / pre-orders, thus final shipping dimensions cannot be determined yet. While this means that customs / import may be charged by your government upon delivery, it does negate the 17% EU VAT tax that is charged on the price plus shipping fee of the item if shipped from the EU warehouse.

Last edited:
We understand but really hope that sideshow will think about make a discount for EU customers that ordering directly from sideshow like biker scout as item was first announce shipped from EU wharehouse.
When Sideshow announce an item and write that this one can be ship from EU wharehouse we know how much this item will cost us and we paid.
But when ship from US it is like a christmas gift and we are near to paid twice after including shipping, fedex fee, customer fee, VAT....

I like to order directly from sideshow but don't want to paid my Iron Man Life Size bust more than 1000$ when my local dealer sell it for 900$ in EU.

Hope sideshow understand that :rolleyes:

While this means that customs / import may be charged by your government upon delivery, it does negate the 17% EU VAT tax that is charged on the price plus shipping fee of the item if shipped from the EU warehouse.
May be? There is absolutely no chance that a box of this size will get overlooked by customs (and only 3 countries in the EU have a VAT under the 17,5% in the UK). So that means 19%VAT + about 5% customs in Germany. And that is on top of the total amount + shipping. If the size of the box will be comparable to the Speederbike than shipping will be about 380$? Is that correct?
Only the guys from the UK are somewhat lucky, because they can order from Play for 480€ right now (I wish I could :monkey2). The rest of us have to pay about 620-650€ plus shipping. Directly from SSC it would be 860€! (roughly)

May be? There is absolutely no chance that a box of this size will get overlooked by customs (and only 3 countries in the EU have a VAT under the 17,5% in the UK). So that means 19%VAT + about 5% customs in Germany. And that is on top of the total amount + shipping. If the size of the box will be comparable to the Speederbike than shipping will be about 380$? Is that correct?
Only the guys from the UK are somewhat lucky, because they can order from Play for 480€ right now (I wish I could :monkey2). The rest of us have to pay about 620-650€ plus shipping. Directly from SSC it would be 860€! (roughly)

Insane but true.
If sideshow don't offer a discount it will cost less with a local retailer.
I like to buy sideshow stuff on sideshow website but don't want to pay more than my local retailer.
Hope sideshow think about a discount, as first they annouced this bust can be ship from EU wharehouse, if they want my money :D

Danish customs is 25%:emperor

IronMan 1:1 Bust = $699.99
Shipping = $350 (Guesstimate)
Custom = $262.50

Total = $1312.50

buy it in germany it will cost less.
European retailer are happy that buy this bust on sideshow website cost more than them :D

do we have any news folks??? maybe i`ll cancel mine...i made some calculations and i think that i can`t afford the total cost..its a shame because i really want this bust.does anyone knows how much it costs in Europe from a retailer in France or Germany ? ? ?maybe it will be much cheaper in total.

you can have it for 600-620€ in germany or France or belgium:

Here

Or negociate with your local retailer he can make you have a good price.

Back