Did Obi Wan suffer from amnesia, and other plot gaps?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just at Walmart and happened to pick up & browse through, I forget what it was called ROTS visual companion or encyclopedia something like that, and it states that Leia grew up believing that Bale Organa and his wife were her true parents. It also said that Bale's wife dies when Leia is a young child. So that clears up one issue.

3) If Luke is supposed to be kept hidden from Vader, why oh why do they send him to live with Anakin's "family" (which is not even really his family after all) and have him keep his last name? WTF??

4) And that leads me to another question - why do they have to be split up and hidden anyway? I can understand why Obi-wan and Yoda have to hide, seeing as Vader and Palpy know they are still alive. But neither Vader nor Palpy know that Anakin's children have lived through childbirth... it just seems a little unnecessary to me to split them up and hide them. I guess better safe than sorry though...

You kind of answered your own question. DV and the Emperor probably assumed that the child (no idea it was twins) died also when Padme died. When you see the funeral procession. They scroll down Padme's body, she still looks pregnant. Probably to trick DV and the Emperor that no child was born.

:lvader

This is EXACTLY why I was shocked when she died. Maybe Leia thinks Bail Organa's wife is their real mom? Either that or she has a great memory and Luke has a regular memory. I think Lucas completely forgot about this.

That is probably the answer. Padme had to die. If she lived, Darth Vader would search the galaxy for her and the children. Remember, DV was obsessed in finding young Skywalker in EP5 & 6. When he realized he had a son.

"Join me... we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

:lvader

re

Ok, here's my question...

At the end of ROTS we see the early stages of the Death Star construction. It's finally finished some 18 years later (shown in ANH by Vadar saying 'Don't be so proud of this technological terror you've created...,' hinting that's it's newly finished). Death goes BANG! Yet by Jedi (what, 6 years later at most...) the Empire's nearly completed a replacement? 18 years for one, 6 years the other... Strange!

Re: re

They scroll down Padme's body, she still looks pregnant. Probably to trick DV and the Emperor that no child was born.

I noticed that too, and thought the same thing. Something was obviously placed beneath Padme's clothing to make her appear to still be pregnant. The Sith didn't know that a child was born.

too bad the construction of the death star cut back the budget so much they couldnt afford camo for the suits anymore.
Why do I feel like I'm watching Clerks?:lol

We never found out who ordered the Clones to be made in the first place?
It was clearly Palpatine operating through Sifo Dyas and later Dooku.

And that leads me to another question - why do they have to be split up and hidden anyway?
Remember that Vader would be able to sense one through the other's thoughts if one was captured. If he captures Luke he would find out about Leia, but if Luke doesn't know about Leia then he has no thoughts to betray him. Vader senses Leia through Luke's thoughts almost immediately in ROTJ in the duel. Luke has plausible deniability that Leia is his sister, so his thoughts can't betray him.

You know the government, why build only one when we can build another in seceret for twice as much.

Jesse

Not that I am an expert, but I think that once a woman has a child her belly does not shrink right away. That could explain why she still looks pregnant at the funeral.

That was a great touch with the flowers in her hair, she looked beautiful.

Yeah, it's just a shame that being dead was the only time Portman's performance was even remotely convincing in this one. And I'm one of those that actually liked her in the last two films... :eek

Sev.

Leah may have known her mother through the Force.....

i would suggest some of you holes are filled by reading the databank on starwars.com.....

Mike

You shouldn't have to read, see, play or look to anything outside the films, the films themselves should, for their part, be completely self contained. Everything else in any other medium should be simply supplemental to the films, there if you want to indulge, but by no means vital. Anything other than that is just weak storytelling in my view.

My opinion anyways.

Sev.

Leah may have known her mother through the Force.....
Leia believed her real mother was Bail Organa's wife on Alderaan. This woman also died at a very young age, and she is who Leia is speaking about in ROTJ.

Not that I am an expert, but I think that once a woman has a child her belly does not shrink right away. That could explain why she still looks pregnant at the funeral.

You are correct. My wife had a baby last year and there was some residual belly left over for a short period. Nice attention to detail on someone's part.

Back