Did I just get it in my back door? Stealth Irom Man issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UndercoverToyBoy

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should be glad that I got this email or if I kinda got screwed.

We all know that the Sideshow server was a POS during order time, so to double my efforts I also called at 12 noon. I was lucky enough to get through on the phone and have my order taken for the Stealth Iron Man. Mind you the whole time I was on my computer trying to load the order page and told the kind rep of the problems who said that they were getting hammered. Anyways, I received my email confirmation for my order but this got me by surprise:

"Please note: As this order was booked for you over the phone, it does not qualify for any Sideshow Rewards points. Please review the information posted on our website for further details."

I'm not upset but I feel I should be pissed cause I buy everything from them when I know I can get it for cheaper from a dealer.

Did Sideshow just screw a loyal customer or should I just be happy to have gotten my Iron Man?

How many points was this thing worth anyways?

20 points=$1, so it would be worth $15.00.

And it has always been that you do not get reward points for phone orders.

You should just be happy you got a Stealth IM.

I think its something to do with the program and they can't put in the reward points manually or something. I think people who ordered at SDCC last year got their reward points, but I could be wrong, I remember there was alot of discussion about it in the weeks afterward. So they probably can do it, but its prolly a bigger pain than it is worth so they just make it an across the board rule. Sorry to hear you missed out on the points, but congrats on your acquisition!

I think its something to do with the program and they can't put in the reward points manually or something. I think people who ordered at SDCC last year got their reward points, but I could be wrong, I remember there was alot of discussion about it in the weeks afterward. So they probably can do it, but its prolly a bigger pain than it is worth so they just make it an across the board rule. Sorry to hear you missed out on the points, but congrats on your acquisition!

Plus they have always been upfront about you not getting points for phone orders. It is not their fault most people don't read the fine print.

I'm thinking of cost-effectiveness. Having someone order over the internet costs Sideshow nothing. They can afford awesome perks like Rewards Points for their customers who take advantage of that. By contrast, Sideshow had to pay someone money to wait by a phone and take your order manually. The $15 in reward points that you didn't receive will likely offset that cost to them.

I'm thinking of cost-effectiveness. Having someone order over the internet costs Sideshow nothing. They can afford awesome perks like Rewards Points for their customers who take advantage of that. By contrast, Sideshow had to pay someone money to wait by a phone and take your order manually. The $15 in reward points that you didn't receive will likely offset that cost to them.

If I ever call in to order something I better get rewards points for giving their employees the privilege of talking to me.:monkey5

You should just be damned happy to have gotten your Stealth Iron Man,
as I don't see them selling for retail or under...............ever.

JS

You should just be damned happy to have gotten your Stealth Iron Man,
as I don't see them selling for retail or under...............ever.

JS

One thing's for sure, you will never sell one for under retail.............ever.:lol

10014~Hippies-Use-Back-Door-Posters.jpg

$15 is just a drop in the ocean, there are a load of people who missed out for one reason or another, and the Stealths turned up on Evil-bay almost as soon as they sold out from Sideshow.

So bend over and take it like Chuck Norris.

While reward points are nice to get they are nothing compared to the piece itself. You also don't get refunded the points used if you cancel an order which is a bit of a sting but what are you gonna do? Be happy you don't have to resort to eBay and aren't sitting watching the email for a WL conversion.

i agree. just be glad you got the IM... however, it is kind of lame that they can't give the rewards points. at any rate i'm better off saving money from other vendors rather than building points that i'll never use.

Back