DID Corp: Saving Private Ryan: Sgt. Horvath 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever made a proper after market head sculpt of this actor?

usmc35.jpg

Soldier Story did a MEB figure back in the old days. This was supposed to coincide with the hopeful appeal of the film Battle Los Angeles.

OK, that doesn't look like Aaron Eckart in the BLA timeline. If you line up HT Two Face from that era along with this sculpt, you'll see how some angles have some of Eckart but lots of it just doesn't. It looks more like a cross of Tom Sizemore ( post addiction years) and some shades of Robert Forester.

ACI Toys released a 7 pack of heads for Saving Private Ryan, again back in the old days. So you'll get more of "puffy" Sizemore sort of likeness there.

Unfortunately the actor got basically blacklisted from mainstream Hollywood right about the time Robbery Homicide was cancelled off TV ( That was a pretty good show actually) Thus Sizemore wasn't topical when the increased improvement in headsculpts in general happened. And he's not part of a franchise. It's not like he was in the first Terminator or something like that where maybe an old version of his head would get made by a Redman Toys or something.

Pretty sad for the actor and for fans.

Has anyone ever made a proper after market head sculpt of this actor?

21usmc.jpg

22usmc.jpg

Now I remember. I was gone for like 10-12 years so this is sifting through some deep memory lane.

Playhouse released a few figures and a few PMC sets ( quite nice for the time) and one of them was designed around Sizemore from Black Hawk Down.

He looks infinitely disappointed here. So I'm guessing he's married....

Back