DID Corp: Saving Private Ryan: Sgt. Horvath 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As we all know the likeness is not that great. But with the team and a proper stand with nameplate and it will get the job done for me. There is a wedding ring in his left relaxed hand, but it’s missing from the left gun holding hand (there is a ring on the left gun holding hand in a picture on the box. So most likely an oversight of QC fail by DID)

E8A9FE55-7811-4DB1-919E-309B2BCF3B11.jpeg
B1394502-2467-4B96-8B56-0922EF015C0F.jpeg
783602C9-0E91-49AF-9E69-590279F5D829.jpeg
26AADA59-EB20-44DB-ACAE-1DBBEEEBA145.jpeg
D6F35907-0C6F-4E6D-8897-AADC09BB047E.jpeg

Very cool! Can't wait for mine to ship soon.

Hard to tell, but does he have the slight paunch? The figure's "figure" looked pretty accurate in the pre-order pics.

A80150-4T.jpg

Body looks a bit small for Mike.
I initially thought the same and figured that it was that Miller was on a taller display base, in that pic. But seeing them next to each other, the figure itself seems a tiny bit under-scaled. I'm sure it's the camera effect, more than anything else.

From that picture everyone else is on taller stands/risers and miller is the other brand, otherwise I think his waist area/stomach is thinner than the pre order pictures. I saw a guy on BBICN add some foam and taped it together or something like that to fill it out.

Post pictures. I bundled my Horvath with Upham at TW and there is no sign of Upham. My wait may be long.

Received Sgt. Horvath today and the figure is impressive as usual, as with all of DID's SPR line.

Here are a few thoughts:

- Uniform and gear/kit are outstanding, as usual. DID has done a wonderful job again.

- I LOVE the little tins of dirt/sand included. A great bit of detail from the film.

- The figure will require some additional "padding" in order to depict Horvath as he appeared in the film. Needs some more paunch.

- The head sculpt is what I find a mixed bag. Paint apps are top-notch and while the sculpt isn't bad, it isn't a home-run in capturing Tom Sizemore from the film. Some angles are better than others, though, but I think the sculpt is what brings the figure down. After looking at it further, it is like a very young Tom Sizemore.

- When I opened the magnetic box-top / cover, I was surprised to find a "jigsaw puzzle" of the box-top. It looks cool but I don't see anyone taking it apart and putting it back together. Weird addition.

- Wearing the helmet makes him look like "Gazoo" from The Flintstones... :wink1:

The following are some of my patent pending, copywritten crappy pics:

Horvath 1.jpg

Horvath 3.jpg

Horvath 9.jpg

Horvath 5.jpg

Horvath 6.jpg

Horvath 8.jpg

Final thoughts: He's a must-get for completing the SPR squad and should fit in perfectly with the previously released figures. We just need for Medic Wade to be announced and we'll have the entire squad for display!

What are the tiny pieces in the small clear plastic bags with the patches?
They are extra pouch buttons. Not snap-on buttons, but just the appearance of a snap-on.

Finally made some time to open this up and I like the addition to the team. I think the head sculpt is better than expected. I think the likeness isn't bad they just chiseled him a bit. He needs a rounder face. Cheeks are too linear.

They are extra pouch buttons. Not snap-on buttons, but just the appearance of a snap-on.

Finally made some time to open this up and I like the addition to the team. I think the head sculpt is better than expected. I think the likeness isn't bad they just chiseled him a bit. He needs a rounder face. Cheeks are too linear.
Thanks for the response. Yea I put him together and I think he looks pretty damn good. Sculpt looks close to me.

I haven't seen one.

Dragon/DML did release a "Black Hawk Down" Col. Danny McKnight figure, which I think captured the real Col. and not Sizemore, the actor.

Got mine today from Monkey depot. They said it was a damaged box, but the box came brand new. My problem is that the scuplt is not what is pictured. They said it was the updated scuplt, but I do not believe that.

Got mine today from Monkey depot. They said it was a damaged box, but the box came brand new. My problem is that the scuplt is not what is pictured. They said it was the updated scuplt, but I do not believe that.
I got mine from MD as well when it came out same thing box was perfectly fine, but it's strange that the head-sculpt is the original can you post a picture? If it it is the original with out being repainted you should be able to ask MD for an exchange.

Back