Diamond Select Toys 18" Talking Cloth Figures line: Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was to pick a figure to make SSC look bad it wouldn't be that giraffe in a velvet jumpsuit.

The only thing I "can't handle" are trolls. And I don't think there is any question about you anymore.

My suggestion to you is that you heed Dave's warning and cool it, or there is no doubt your days on these boards are numbered. But maybe that's what you want. :huh

He said no insulting or ridiculing members.He said nothing about having an intelligent conversation amongst fellow posters or voicing one's opnion.:D

If this, the Luke, Obi-Wan and Indiana Jones are any indication this line is doomed from the start.

They really should go back to the drawing board. I like the concept (and pricepoint) but the execution has been beyond awful to this point.

And get rid of that damn Bruce Lee Kung Fu left head for crying out loud! :monkey4

I agree. From the pics I've seen, so far, these look a little too cartoon-ish for my tastes. :duh

I also find it very hipocritcal that everyone is dissin the hell out of these diamond figures but when it comes to an SS figure,oh ^^^^ look out!

I also find it very hipocritcal that everyone is dissin the hell out of these diamond figures but when it comes to an SS figure,oh ^^^^ look out!

Everyone bagging on these has a reason that isn't trying to be troll. Give it a shot.

DSC01558.jpg

Caption should read: Aww...I bent my Wookie...:monkey2

But nobody likes the Diamond figures...at all...:(

Some people like the SS ones...

And Some like the Medicom ones...

And I like what I like...Sith...:naughty:naughty:naughty

I would put both the SS Jedi figures and these Diamond figures in the same catergory.The -I won't buy catergory- :naughty

And thats fine... no need to buy a figure if you don't like it.

Whats funny to me about this guy is even the Hasbro figure looks better overall than this. Not a lot better, but still being smaller and $50 less he's a steal.

review_sidious_3.jpg

And way behind this guy which if just counting him as one is still about $10 less.

review_12palpatine_9.jpg

Can't we all just get along :peace...lol...let's be honest...both companies have there positive and negatives in the figures they produced...AND everyone is entitled to their opinion.

SS Maul - great sculpt and paint, I like the material used for the clothing for SS a tad more then the velvet look of the medicom.

Medi maul - another great sculpt, paint could be a bit better, no slop but just not the SS maul quality, much better expression on this one and the articulation blows the SS away.

SS emperor - awesome figure only complaint I have is that he does not have an evil enough expression...seems like he has gas.

I used to own 3 of these so before someone chews me out please keep that is mind. :rolleyes:

I enjoy the collecting of this hobby and hate it when you have people bickering over what company, what figure was better, they all have postives and negatives. This is why i do not post that often because of stupid ^^^^ being verbally thrown out towards people everyday from a certain few "trolls" as someone posted. These people need to chill out and not antagonize others; for the other side, please don't take the bait from them, they feed on it.

Yeah, this thread is really about the DST Palps. Not about the SS one, or the Hasbro one, or the Medicom one that doesn't exist.

Now, lets get back to agreeing on how bad DST's Darth Hideous looks. :google

Yeah, this thread is really about the DST Palps. Not about the SS one, or the Hasbro one, or the Medicom one that doesn't exist.

Now, lets get back to agreeing on how bad DST's Darth Hideous looks. :google

You mean Darth Sidious? OH WAIT...I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!!

Very clever sir...very clever indeed...:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

Back