Deposits on Exclusive Pre-Orders: Sideshow's New Policy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoDB1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
So how many people like this new policy? I guess Sideshow is sick of their "sold out" exclusives making it back to Second Chance (*cough* Sabretooth *cough*).

"The Exclusive Beast Comiquette, which will include an a fine-art print and switch-out right hand holding a book, will have an Edition Size 200 pieces, and will be priced at $274.99. A 10% Non-Refundable Deposit, or $27.50, will be charged within 24 hours of your pre-order being placed for the Exclusive version of this comiquette."

Yeah, it makes the would be flippers think twice about pre-ordering. This has to be an across the board policy; it couldn't only be for Marvel pieces, could it? Ask Sideshow question submitted.

This was coming at some point. I like it and I don't like it but I think at the end of the day it is the best thing to do.

I'm good with it... especially as they seem to now charge the same price for exclusives and regulars. I'd rather put 10% towards a piece than pay an extra $5 or $10 on top of paying more to buy direct from Sideshow for an exclusive.

Is this going to be for all EXs now?

And I'm sure that is what it is. They base their Edition sizes on the number of orders they get. Then when the orders are about to be processed, people cancel leaving them with more statues then they need.

Oh well. Just have to be more selective.

So how many people like this new policy? I guess Sideshow is sick of their "sold out" exclusives making it back to Second Chance (*cough* Sabretooth *cough*).

"The Exclusive Beast Comiquette, which will include an a fine-art print and switch-out right hand holding a book, will have an Edition Size 200 pieces, and will be priced at $274.99. A 10% Non-Refundable Deposit, or $27.50, will be charged within 24 hours of your pre-order being placed for the Exclusive version of this comiquette."

Kinda ____ed up if the production piece's quality doesn't match the prototype's.

I just hope they still allow people to switch to flexi if there is multiple items shipping at once.

I assume that you will still be able to get a full refund if you follow through with the order and are not satisfied--this just keeps people from ordering and cancelling.

I am OK with this--especially if they are going to announce the ES in advance (and not change it).

I assume that you will still be able to get a full refund if you follow through with the order and are not satisfied--this just keeps people from ordering and cancelling.

I am OK with this--especially if they are going to announce the ES in advance (and not change it).

I hope that is the case. One place I used to get statues from would keep the deposit even if you returned the statue after it shipped.

You can always return if it does not live up to expectations.

Except in theory you can't get your deposit back since its Non-Refundable. That allows them to take the bite out of all of the returns that folks do especially when the production doesn't match the proto. A lot of companies keep the deposit regardless to lower their costs in handling returns and exchanges....There needs to be more clarification on this...

I just hope they still allow people to switch to flexi if there is multiple items shipping at once.

If they don't its a shot in the foot, if SS does this for all Exs across the board, it means that you'll see regulars selling out before Exs because retailers dip in there, you'll see exclusives offered for much longer, you'll still see them on 2nd chance AND if they can't refund even in returning or switch to Flex you'll see people stop ordering across lines so easily and waiting until the last possible minute or even possibly just waitlisting (assuming there isn't a deposit there) instead of ordering because the odds are that it'll convert especially if its after the product has been released where you'd just get it instead of having to do the whole deposit route.

Like I said more clarification is needed but the perks of ordering via Sideshow are starting to dwindle...I get the same from some really good ADs in terms of customer service and have to pay a deposit there anyway....some Exs are also not at all worth it IMHO

Kahkah policy. Sideshows products change so much from proto to production canceling now will come with a charge. Lame.

:moon

You can always return if it does not live up to expectations.

I'm guessing that you won't get refunded for shipping and you'd also have to pay to have it shipped back. That be like $60-70 for overseas customers. I don't like this new policy but I can live with it. Just have to be more selective about what to order.

Back