Death's siren.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a business owner, I find Sideshow's lack of attention to detail on these emails concerning.
This is a company whose core business is detail.
My goal is not to throw William Mendoza under the bus but someone on the Sideshow team really needs to proofread his emails before he sends them out to thousands of paying customers.
This is the second time in a month that an email has been sent out to clients containing information that either isn't correct or makes the business sound incompetent. I couldn't imagine sending out an email to thousands of my clients without having multiple people within my organization review the text multiple times.
Anyone on here order the Wonder Woman statue? This has an edition size of 9500 including exclusives. An email was sent out to (I assume) at least 5,000 paying customers regarding the WW statue but in the body of the email, it says the CatWoman statue was delayed. Granted, this was a direct cut and paste from the CatWoman statue that was delayed in November/December,,, however, at least pay attention review the email and paste in "Wonder Woman".
How could executives at Sideshow think that port delays would be a good excuse to notify their paying customers for a ship date 10 months from now? It's January. Siren was scheduled to ship in June. Why send out an email in January talking about a delay to November due to a "port issue"? Just say the statue is delayed. Loyal Sideshow customers understand the drill. We are used to delays, understand them and will continue to buy your product fully knowing this.
The amount of total product that SS creates does not constitute for this level of oversight.
Sorry about the rant. I still love the company and the products they products they produce. I have spent at least $20,000 on their products in the past decade and will spend another $20,000 in the upcoming decade. I simply don't want them to look incompetent.

lol, it happens to the best of us.

I am sure all of us have made cut and paste errors in both our professional and personal lives.

Yep. No one's going to answer a Siren's call if she isn't naked.

Yeah, so I heard/read. Only one of CotD line.
For some reason I'm suddenly interested in this statue. :D

Are all of the awkwardly proportioned, potbelly sailors removable? Those nasty abominations were the main reason I initially decided to pass on this one...

SS should make them removable. I don't mind the decaying tail and all but those little people are just awkward

Is her tail like a jellyfish's tentacles and she's slowly digesting those dudes? That's what I always saw so the decaying dudes don't bother me. Makes the creepy part of her a perfect yen to her above water beautiful yang.

SS should make them removable. I don't mind the decaying tail and all but those little people are just awkward

According to the sculptor those trapped souls/sailors are regular sized humans, it's the Siren who is supposed to be huge, around 9 to 10 foot tall, so this statue is around 1:5-1:6 scale, also I'm pretty sure decaying bodies kept underwater for months or years would shrivel up somewhat.

What I love about this piece is that it's a story in and of itself, it's up to you how you interpret it.
Is she feeding on those sailors ? Is she keeping them as trophy's ? If she is fully submerged does she fully change into a decaying monster like her tail, Does sunlight turn her into a beautiful Siren ?

Lame.

I know she's supposed to be abnormally large, but the sailors' body proportions simply don't look right. That's what bugs me the most.

Agree. They looked more like children to me than full grown adults, that's the one reason I didn't order her. If they got the proportions better I think it would work, but as is I'm not ordering.

Please make the sailors removable SS...I want to order this

Even if I could trick my mind into thinking she is a larger scale, I still don't like the idea she is fishlike and bodies wrapped on her tail affect her swimability.

I just don't like this story :gah:

Back