DEADPOOL MOVIE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don't mind XOW DP anymore, Reynolds as Wade was spot on, and then shutting DP up was a pretty funny expectation swap if you think about it, sure it was weird when the movie was fresh out but now that we know DP is being rebooted, it doesn't seem that bad.

Plus that final fight was actually good.

. . .

That's cruel, man!

Though yeah, he deserved that joke. He, bridges (oh, how the mighty have fallen) and bacon.
Bridges has always done a cash-in movie here or there (King Kong, Tron, Blown Away, etc.), and he's still mixing in really good films (Crazy Heart, True Grit) in-between the trashy studio stuff.

Regarding this movie, I think Deadpool is probably the most overrated comic character out there. And he's a Liefeld creation, which is pretty inexcusable. I hope he doesn't interact much (if at all) with the other X-Men characters in their own films, because I don't see him meshing at all with the "universe" Singer is responsible for. In fact, he would fit a lot more seamlessly in the Marvel Studios films IMO, considering they place a premium on over the top comedy. But this could be a funny movie.

DP could fit perfectly into Vaughn/Goldman's "universe".

Again, **** FOX! ****-****-****-*********************!

Well I think First Class was pretty fundamentally different than the other stuff they worked on.
That's why I love it. And hate FOX for going back to Singer's crap.

I'll be all for this one if Reynolds keeps the mask ON. :lol
:lecture

But be sure to show him screaming like a little girl while being tortured pre-deadpool.

I can't get excited, even with the proof of concept video from a few weeks back. It's still FOX and Ryan Reynolds. I have to chalk this one up as a loss until it comes out and is (hopefully)amazing. I bet FOX will also fight to make it PG13 so they can make more $.

I don't know if Riddick remembers but Vaughn left the franchise, he wasn't fired. Singer ( who also wrote most of the First Class) was obviously the best man to take over for him, which is why DOFP is the most critically and financially successful film in the series.

I can't get excited, even with the proof of concept video from a few weeks back. It's still FOX and Ryan Reynolds. I have to chalk this one up as a loss until it comes out and is (hopefully)amazing. I bet FOX will also fight to make it PG13 so they can make more $.
I have a tough time imagining this as R. They will probably try for a PG-13, but how much of the charm of Deadpool (insane violence is a key ingredient) can remain at that point? We'll see. One thing working in its favor is that the MPAA doesn't treat violence in itself as nearly as important as sexual situations in their rating system.

I don't know if Riddick remembers but Vaughn left the franchise, he wasn't fired. Singer ( who also wrote most of the First Class) was obviously the best man to take over for him, which is why DOFP is the most critically and financially successful film in the series.
I don't agree. Singer did a great job, but I think Vaughn could have done just as well, assuming Singer was still involved in the capacity of a producer. The key difference between those two films, and their relative takes, was the casting IMO.

I never said Singer was better than Vaughn, I just said he was the best man to take over for him. I still would have preferred if Vaughn had directed it, but I'm just grateful we got an equally great director to take over instead of getting someone like Brett Ratner.

I do however think Singer has directed the two best films in the franchise, they might not be me as fun or stylish as First Class, but X2 and DOFP are probably the two best Marvel films to date.

Oh, I agree with you on that. And my favorite films in the franchise are also X2 and DOFP, but in fairness, First Class gave us a really restricted, and kind of odd lineup. If they had substituted in the original comic team somehow, and kept everything else pretty much the same, it probably would be at the same level as those other two in my mind.

Back