DC Direct: The Dark Knight Rises

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
articulations are overrated. i dont play with my toys anymore, they just have to look good when displayed. and thus sculpt > poa. :goodpost:

I feel the same way, that is why I wish Hot Toys made statues or PFs as well as toys, because not all of us like to play with toys anymore. :( Not that there is anything wrong with playing with toys, I just can not be bothered to try and pose them all the time and change their hands etc.

However, the majority of people on this site or in the world it seems, prefers to play with toys because they want to create their own poses and I must admit I have seen some very talented people create terrific poses on figures.

Nevertheless, if you are like me and cr, these statues are a must as the Batman and Bane look very realistic as I have seen them in hand.

:clap

Last edited:
I saw Batman at my LCS today...it does have a cloth wired cape and it looks to be an outer lining of felt & a silk like inner lining. The suit looks good but the face part of the sculpt was really soft with very little detail...I thought about getting with a $50 gift card discount my wife gave me but the face part really turned me off.

<spoiled by Hot Toys I guess>

Just pulled the trigger on all three 12" statues as well as the Batman and Catwoman bust. I'm going to wait for the Bane Winter edition bust which comes out in October.

Definitely looking forward to the Hot Toys as well but this DCD series was too awesome to pass up. I will post some pictures/reviews once they arrive. :yess: :bounce :ted

I saw Batman at my LCS today...it does have a cloth wired cape and it looks to be an outer lining of felt & a silk like inner lining. The suit looks good but the face part of the sculpt was really soft with very little detail...I thought about getting with a $50 gift card discount my wife gave me but the face part really turned me off.

<spoiled by Hot Toys I guess>

Yeah I agree, the face is not that good on cowl.:slap

I just like the statue as whole, the bat suit looks really good.

:)

^^^ Y'know, thinking about it, I might have a been a little rough on it. The price is *only* $125 or so depending on your retailer, and the suit does look pretty darn good, as does the cape and overall body proportions. That's a good price for a 1/6 scale statue these days. It's probably not a bad, lower cost alternative to a HT figure at roughly half the price.

I will never buy that Batman statue because the kneepads will always piss the life out of me. Wonder WTF they were smoking to get them so wrong

LOL something I never noticed Void, probably because I have never really been into Batman so I just saw the suit as a whole, and not the individual flaws it has.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I will never buy that Batman statue because the kneepads will always piss the life out of me. Wonder WTF they were smoking to get them so wrong

I noticed them right away as well. I'm getting HT's TDK release anyway, but those kneepads still bug the hell out of me lol.

This is the one I am debating on getting, supposed to be out in two weeks. Will decide once in hand photos start to pop up.

900x1350.TDKR_CW6inch_1.jpg
900x1350.TDKR_CW6inch_2.jpg

im looking for 1/12 batman. i think it should be in stock today

I'm interested in the Catwoman 1/6 Icon statue. Does anyone have any pictures comparing it to the size of a regular Hot Toys?

How good is the paint app now that it is in production?

Here's my review for you guys:

I ordered all three 1/6 icon statues, and two of the busts - Batman and Catwoman (as I'm waiting on the Winter Bane come October.) I took some photos. Please understand I am not a photographer, but I did my best experimenting with different lights, natural vs artificial, etc.

Batman:

This statue is awesome. Many people went on about the strange kneepads but I don't see a problem at all. The suit is extremely badass and looks appropriate for an urban combat scenario. Sculpt is excellent and the paint app, while simple, is successful. There are no blotches, wavy lines, etc. The pose seems to be of when he's staring down Bane in the winter scene (used in one of the TDKR banners) and I like it just fine. The level of detail in the face is obviously not Hot Toys level - but this is a cold-cast porcelain statue, not an action figure, and it looks incredible on display.

The bust is pretty damn similar to the statue. Almost as if they just took the top half of the statue and mounted it on a base. Still really great if you're into busts.

Bane:

Wow. This is an incredible achievement for DC Direct IMO. Bane is in his "Come at me bro" pose and it looks absolutely amazing. The expression in the face really depicts him as a true menace. They did a good job on the muscle tone too and there's a lot of fine detail in the sort of harness vest he wears. Even the footwear is finely painted. This guy is also HEAVY, and like Jurassic Park taught us, if it's heavy it's expensive. This statue screams quality and good worksmanship. There are no qualms about the sculpt or the paint application. Very impressive across the board.

Catwoman:

Last but certainly not least - my favorite fabulous feline Catwoman. This is definitely a gratuitous pose, as it seems to showcase her "assets" if you catch my drift. The resemblance to Hathaway is pretty spot on. Obviously the goggles help to a point. The texture of the catsuit is quite detailed, but even more awesome is the use of gloss on this statue. The thigh boots and opera gloves have a glossy finish so they are very present on display. The red lips are also glossy. One of the most impressive things however is the use of color in her hair, sort of a mixture of dark brown/light brown, red and touches of blonde. Again, no bleeds, blotches, spills. A great paint application on a very sexy sculpt.

The Catwoman bust is cool too. Same pros as above but good detail on her face and eyes.

All in all, this DCD merchandise is very worth it, particularly the icon statues, especially considering their price point. I'm also getting the Hot Toys and I'll be sure to review those as well. But for those who want some TDKR stuff on their shelves this summer, you won't be disappointed. This is a high point for DC Collectibles.

If anyone has any questions whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask me or even send a PM!

Last edited:
Great reviews! I'm mainly interested in the Icon Catwoman from this line. Would you mind taking a picture of all three icon statues next to each other so the height can be compared, and possibly with Catwoman and a Hot Toys as reference?

Great reviews! I'm mainly interested in the Icon Catwoman from this line. Would you mind taking a picture of all three icon statues next to each other so the height can be compared, and possibly with Catwoman and a Hot Toys as reference?

Hey man. Not sure when I'll get around to taking pictures next, but Catwoman stands 9" tall in the kneeling pose. Don't pay attention to the spec information on the internet (which states she stands 7"). The Bane and Batman are closer to 13", so with a measuring tape you could probably get a good estimate.

Back