DC Direct re-launches as DC Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Batman DCD MQ is a match for the SSC Batman PF.

Correction, the DCD Batman is a close match for pre 2013 SSC PFs. The New SSC Batman PF and Superman PF are the first of a new higher standard PFs, with higher cost but uses much higher quality fabric, no more cheap spandex. As such the new style SSC Batman PF is way ahead of the Batman DCD MQ.

-

Correction, the DCD Batman is a close match for pre 2013 SSC PFs. The New SSC Batman PF and Superman PF are the first of a new higher standard PFs, with higher cost but uses much higher quality fabric, no more cheap spandex. As such the new style SSC Batman PF is way ahead of the Batman DCD MQ.

-
First I've heard of this being some new, non "cheap spandex" material on Bats and Supes. Do you have a link to this pronouncement by SSC? Material looks not so different to what we've seen in the past based on what I can tell.

-

That's your opinion.

Mine is that the DCD MQ cowl is vastly superior to the SSC PF. The bodies are a push as are the capes. The SSC cape is very well done, but it's completely static while the DCD cape allows for many different shapes. Both statues have equally poor bases.

DC whatevertheycallthemselvesnow needs to shut her down. after the pics that are up, it's game over

I have to agree. Other than the Watchmen statues, the entire line has taken a drastic turn for the worst from the DCD days.

Taste is subjective of course, but those Museum Quality sculpts never did anything for me, and the tailoring on Joker was pretty bad IMO. Makes quality of the product kind of a moot point.

The Harley looks pretty nice, but too much of a b-character for me. GL looked a'aight, but his legs weren't very proportionate to the rest of him.

And for those interested:

Pf0Ov.jpg

vs.

bSwkX.jpg

That's your opinion.

Mine is that the DCD MQ cowl is vastly superior to the SSC PF. The bodies are a push as are the capes. The SSC cape is very well done, but it's completely static while the DCD cape allows for many different shapes. Both statues have equally poor bases.

If your opinion is that the statues below are "equal" then I don't know what to say. It's your opinion, I just wouldn't call it a very good one.

And for those interested:

Pf0Ov.jpg

vs.

bSwkX.jpg

Sorry the SideShow PF wins all the way.

Did you guys see this video they posted?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDoP7MAA_UU[/ame]

I seriously can't believe the direction that they have taken the Cover Girls line in. What a frickin' tragedy.

And they censor most of this stuff? Fail.

I still collect some of the DC busts from them, but everything else looks like a mess to me.

Did you guys see this video they posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDoP7MAA_UU

I seriously can't believe the direction that they have taken the Cover Girls line in. What a frickin' tragedy.

And they censor most of this stuff? Fail.

I still collect some of the DC busts from them, but everything else looks like a mess to me.

The new DC company is a train wreck :slap what is the point of showing us a video with censored labels covering all over it??? :( Like people actually really care? I am glad that Sideshow got the DC license.

What the hell is the point of the video if you're just going to censor more than half of the items shown? :cuckoo: I only started collecting about a year and a half ago and my collection is mainly DCD stuff to this point, but it's really sad to see how far they've fallen. After I get my Catwoman Icon replacement and the Jock B&W statue when it's released, it's hard to see myself buying anything else down the line.

What the hell is the point of the video if you're just going to censor more than half of the items shown? :cuckoo: I only started collecting about a year and a half ago and my collection is mainly DCD stuff to this point, but it's really sad to see how far they've fallen. After I get my Catwoman Icon replacement and the Jock B&W statue when it's released, it's hard to see myself buying anything else down the line.

No one can save them now.. Not even Jim Lee or Geoff Johns.. They have been derailing away for far too long and can't come back to this competitive market.:slap

First I've heard of this being some new, non "cheap spandex" material on Bats and Supes. Do you have a link to this pronouncement by SSC? Material looks not so different to what we've seen in the past based on what I can tell.

It's hard to prove without official confirmation, it's just something that I've observed. You can tell SSC is using a new kind of material to do their spandex on the last two PF showings, this new material is similar in quality to the material used for their 1:2 Wolverine LSF. If you look closely you can see a checkers pattern on the SSC Batman PF fabric, this is high quality strong material, not like the fuzzy spandex that was previous used in SSC. The fuzziness from past PFs is why some people would even call it a "pajama", this new material doesn't have that fuzzy quality to it. This looks more like some kind of water resistant material, much higher quality stuff compared to what we've seen in the past.

Whether or not this new material is only being used on prototypes, we'll have to wait and see. If they can really pull this off with their production pieces, there may be no more "pajama haters" post 2013.

notice the checkers pattern on the Batman PF fabric below. The slight glimmering suggests it might be water resistant:

300131_press15.jpg

Fabric used on Superman PF is a really thick and strong material, no fuzziness in the fabric at all. Looks almost like a diving suit:

img2700d.jpg

-

Last edited:
Back