DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I think DCC has delivered on this line-and some. If we get anymore figures then its all gravy. Nobody is more sad than me that this appears to be the end. This has been the most complete Batman line ever, epic on the scale of DCUC given the number of figures and variety of characters. 6" scale vehicles, a playset and civilians even, characters most companies wouldn't dream of seeing in plastic.

Lets be honest, nothing has been confirmed but everything points to a new direction. The company model hasn't worked out, figures cancelled left and center. Looks like changes had to be made.

The old Kenner line was more complete.

I got a TNBA Penguin and BTAS Two Face and Scarecrow in that one. No Bullock or Montoya - but so what?

The old Kenner line was more complete.

I got a TNBA Penguin and BTAS Two Face and Scarecrow in that one. No Bullock or Montoya - but so what?

Umm...
TNBA Penguin was Mattel not Kenner. Plus some of TNBA characters done by Kenner/Hasbro looked nothing like they did on the cartoon. Batgirl never really saw a proper release under Kenner/Hasbro. It was actually Mattel that produced a proper version of her. On TNBA side of things, no Legends of the Dark Knight characters, Anti Fire Suit Batman, Demon, Klarion, Baby Doll and Roxy Rocket. No Scarecrow or Bane or Firefly (Mattel again). On the BTAS no Zatanna, Bullock, Montoya or Gordon. No Christmas Joker.

I think we have to demand the line will be finish completed !!!! I spent much money to collect all these figures and I miss some of the most important? It's incredible

I think DCC has delivered on this line-and some. If we get anymore figures then its all gravy. Nobody is more sad than me that this appears to be the end. This has been the most complete Batman line ever, epic on the scale of DCUC given the number of figures and variety of characters. 6" scale vehicles, a playset and civilians even, characters most companies wouldn't dream of seeing in plastic.

Lets be honest, nothing has been confirmed but everything points to a new direction. The company model hasn't worked out, figures cancelled left and center. Looks like changes had to be made.

This is exactly where I'm at. I'd LOVE for them to make more figures, but if they don't, I'm pretty satisfied to have received so many toys that I never thought in a million years I'd actually own. I've finally got Bullock and Montoya, and I've got a massive Batmobile and absurdly huge Batwing as well. I love the stuff and would love more, but if it all ends now, I've got a lot of cool toys, and hey, there's always something else to buy.

NOW, the DC Icons line getting canceled, THAT keeps me up at night! ha

FINALLY got some spare time to unbox the 5 pack and set up their display stands. Please don't underestimate how hard your child's teachers work.

Anyway, got Croc his favorite anto-Batman device!

HILARIOUS! :lol

Where'd you get that rock?
I kinda wish they'd released the figure with it, but I guess mass producing such a huge accessory would be too expensive.
Lovely tribute to one of the greatest moments in "Batman: The Animated Series".

I have to smile just remembering Croc yelling out about that rock and how his fellow rogues at the table react. :)

FINALLY got some spare time to unbox the 5 pack and set up their display stands. Please don't underestimate how hard your child's teachers work.

]

This is the best thing I have seen this week! hahah <3 it!

Umm...
TNBA Penguin was Mattel not Kenner. Plus some of TNBA characters done by Kenner/Hasbro looked nothing like they did on the cartoon. Batgirl never really saw a proper release under Kenner/Hasbro. It was actually Mattel that produced a proper version of her. On TNBA side of things, no Legends of the Dark Knight characters, Anti Fire Suit Batman, Demon, Klarion, Baby Doll and Roxy Rocket. No Scarecrow or Bane or Firefly (Mattel again). On the BTAS no Zatanna, Bullock, Montoya or Gordon. No Christmas Joker.

I didn't even know that Penguin was Mattel. There you go. And sorry but Two Face and Scarecrow outweigh Fire Suit Batman an Roxy Rocket et al. I'd rather have none than this inferior, incomplete "collection ".

Oh. And some of these look nothing like the cartoon either.

Damn I want that Ivy ..why did they have to put it in the five pack :gah:

I didn't even know that Penguin was Mattel. There you go. And sorry but Two Face and Scarecrow outweigh Fire Suit Batman an Roxy Rocket et al. I'd rather have none than this inferior, incomplete "collection ".

I mostly collect BTAS figures but I've found Roxy for 14$ on ebay and I must admit is an impressive figure! But I'm also waiting so much for Scarecrow and TwoFace... I just hope DCC do these two because are too much important for the line :gah:

I love how you customized the stands by adding the title cards, that looks so cool!

To me, the most telling sign that something is wrong was Kevin's resignation and the fact they teased new releases on the Anniversary and didn't deliver.

Hopefully, if there was a way we could show them we're still interested in purchasing, maybe we could email them with our ideas of the last multipack.

If I get BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, TNBA Penguin, Madhatter, Clayface, I'll be more than happy to call it a day. If we can get a couple of more figures, it'd be perfect.

On a side-note, I'm a little discouraged. I bought the Batcave from BBTS, but the shipping costs are ridiculously high!!!

To me, the most telling sign that something is wrong was Kevin's resignation and the fact they teased new releases on the Anniversary and didn't deliver.

Hopefully, if there was a way we could show them we're still interested in purchasing, maybe we could email them with our ideas of the last multipack.

If I get BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, TNBA Penguin, Madhatter, Clayface, I'll be more than happy to call it a day. If we can get a couple of more figures, it'd be perfect.

On a side-note, I'm a little discouraged. I bought the Batcave from BBTS, but the shipping costs are ridiculously high!!!

Have you seen how big the box is?

Have you seen how big the box is?

Yes, of course. And I understood it was going to be proportional to that. But in my case it's international shipping and it's twice the cost of the toy!!! The Batmobile wasn't that expensive to ship.

I have an idea... We know that Jim Fletcher is an action figure lover and that he's still there. I propose that we write a letter to him, with the understanding that he will take a seperately written letter to the decision makers at DCC. I think this letter should be a physically letter, not an email.

I would be happy to arrange this.

I think we should include pictures of our displays, our final wish-lists and how much we've enjoyed the line. Then ask that they please consider releasing the final figures to "finish" the line.

What are your thoughts on this?

I have an idea... We know that Jim Fletcher is an action figure lover and that he's still there. I propose that we write a letter to him, with the understanding that he will take a seperately written letter to the decision makers at DCC. I think this letter should be a physically letter, not an email.

I would be happy to arrange this.

I think we should include pictures of our displays, our final wish-lists and how much we've enjoyed the line. Then ask that they please consider releasing the final figures to "finish" the line.

What are your thoughts on this?

Assuming that they listen to us...
Who exactly are we collectively determining to be the “final figures”? Also is it just two figures? 3? 10? 25? Better get it narrowed down to small, select group of characters. This might be easier said than done lol.

Can we do a poll to decide?

Back