DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Seriously? First a leg, now an arm? I'm dreading getting my Batcave set now...

I find it sad they're dropping the ball like this after the line has had a great run. Why do toy manufacturers always do that? Isn't there a way to ease into a line's natural decline? It's always, "Well our quality now sucks cause we can't afford putting more cash into the line, please start hating it collectors so we can pull the plug once and for all."

I wasn't that fond of the Jokermobile, but didn't mind it. I just hope they give us the Expression Packs and a few more figures before the line is officially over. Though I'd prefer it to be over if they were to show new designs and then pull the plug leaving us with an "it might have been".

Sorry to dig up an old post, but can you tell me where you got the black risers you're using here? I have some clear jewelry risers currently in my detolfs, but they're much more narrow. I really dig what you're using here.

At long last, I'm finally getting a chance to open up all of these figs I've been amassing, and put them on display. I'm having a hell of a time with the stands, I think they're pretty shoddy. Not sure how you all are getting them to look so good!

Hahaha thanks man xD Im not a super big fan of those stand but I prefer to keep my figures in order and safe from dust so I use them anyway, in the overall they dont look bad :D The black risers are handmade by an italian eBay user, the eBay name is hitmanms, here the link ;) https://www.ebay.it/usr/hitmanms

Alfred with 2 right arm...why?

cavolo...-.- mi spiace per te.. incredibile quanto faccia schifo il controllo qualità... inaccettabile su un oggetto di quella fascia di prezzo...

Hahaha thanks man xD Im not a super big fan of those stand but I prefer to keep my figures in order and safe from dust so I use them anyway, in the overall they dont look bad :D The black risers are handmade by an italian eBay user, the eBay name is hitmanms, here the link ;) https://www.ebay.it/usr/hitmanms

cavolo...-.- mi spiace per te.. incredibile quanto faccia schifo il controllo qualità... inaccettabile su un oggetto di quella fascia di prezzo...
Si infatti e non mi viene cambiata purtroppo...oltretutto manca il vano copri batterie...bah

Thanks, I appreciate the response, your setup looks terrific!

DCC: Hey, chinise factory, we're going to cancel this line, so don't pay attention to quality control, do whatever you want to do when painting, assembling and packaging!

Si infatti e non mi viene cambiata purtroppo...oltretutto manca il vano copri batterie...bah

Pazzesco.. O_O non so dove l'hai preso però dovresti avere il diritto di recesso per legge... Rimandaglielo e fatti ridare i soldi, poi lo ricompri altrove :)

Thanks, I appreciate the response, your setup looks terrific!

No problem! And thanks, i look forward to see your setup too! :)

DCC: Hey, chinise factory, we're going to cancel this line, so don't pay attention to quality control, do whatever you want to do when painting, assembling and packaging!

LOL this is funny but I'm sadly starting to think they really act like this... What I don't really get is why the most expencive items have the most biggest problems... o_O Maybe they cancelled Jokermobile because they can't make lights work anymore xD

Maybe the should sell the Joker, Harley expresions pack with the Jokermobile all together in a box (like the deluxe batmobile/signal pack). Therefore the jokermobile would be another accessory for the Joker and Harley.

Maybe the should sell the Joker, Harley expresions pack with the Jokermobile all together in a box (like the deluxe batmobile/signal pack). Therefore the jokermobile would be another accessory for the Joker and Harley.

God, please, no!! I want the expressions set but the Jokermobile is whack to me. Only holds a teeny bit of nostalgic value to me, as it reminds me of my beloved Kenner Jokermobile.

Whoever is in charge now sure is a moron for possibly letting this cash-cow end too early. Come on, the series is to be released on Blu-Ray next year and will celebrate its 25th Anniversary this year. This line isn't done until we have all reoccuring characters, a police car, a SWAT Truck, a Batboat (never been done outside of the DIE-CAST ERTL release in 1992) and the Batcycles.

Whoever is in charge now sure is a moron for possibly letting this cash-cow end too early. Come on, the series is to be released on Blu-Ray next year and will celebrate its 25th Anniversary this year. This line isn't done until we have all reoccuring characters, a police car, a SWAT Truck, a Batboat (never been done outside of the DIE-CAST ERTL release in 1992) and the Batcycles.

Right :clap

I just can’t see the Swat Van or Squad Car selling as well as some people think. Same thing with every reoccurring character. Based on what’s already been released I think there is only a handful of characters left that will get green lit due to potential selling power. Personally I’m even skeptical of how well TNBA versions of Mad Hatter, Ra’s, Talia, Bullock, Gordon, Montoya, and Alfred would go over with DC Collectibles. Especially considering they felt the need to pack Montoya in the Rogues set and Alfred with the Cave for their BTAS versions. IMHO BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, Grey Ghost, Bruce Wayne, and TNBA Penguin have the most selling potential at this point.

I'll be really sad if I don't see more TNBA figs, I have the URGE to see Hatter, Calendar Girl, Penguin, Clayface and all the GPCD characters.

I just can’t see the Swat Van or Squad Car selling as well as some people think. Same thing with every reoccurring character. Based on what’s already been released I think there is only a handful of characters left that will get green lit due to potential selling power. Personally I’m even skeptical of how well TNBA versions of Mad Hatter, Ra’s, Talia, Bullock, Gordon, Montoya, and Alfred would go over with DC Collectibles. Especially considering they felt the need to pack Montoya in the Rogues set and Alfred with the Cave for their BTAS versions. IMHO BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, Grey Ghost, Bruce Wayne, and TNBA Penguin have the most selling potential at this point.

Sad to say it but I do not think we will even see those. I am keeping my expectations as low as possible. Totally all fingers crossed for Grey Ghost.

I am sick to death of collecting lines that end up with gaping holes because greedy companies hold back important characters to build demand that instead backfires and fizzles out.

Have these geniuses learned nothing?

If Two Face and Scarecrow don't show up it'll be another incomplete line I'll be chucking onto ebay. Sigh.

Not to mention the vast potential of other related DC Animated lines STAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League and JLU.
This line could literally continue for several years

Back