DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Question about the clear stands some collectors use to display these figures... are they the type 1 Star Stands for vintage Kenner figures? Thanks!

Question about the clear stands some collectors use to display these figures... are they the type 1 Star Stands for vintage Kenner figures? Thanks!

I use SH Figuarts stands, they can hold even Man-Bat.

I'm really liking that "Eugh?" Joker head, as well as the maniacal/evil laughing sculpt. Will definitely get. I hope they work with the new trenchcoat hat, so I could have a MotP Joker.

View attachment 325070

...But the hat is probably part of the standard head. :monkey2

Except the way he's drawn there, and in most of the art where he's laughing, his eyes are much more symmetrical than the head on the far right.
NYTF17_DC_Collectibles133__scaled_800.jpg

The squinted eye makes it look, at least to me, more like he's angry and shouting than laughing maniacally.

Thanks, but I was talking about the clear round stands. Those Figuarts stands are great, but I was picturing more static posing.

This line is exactly what I've always wanted yet I've hardly collected anything from it (I have Batman, Freeze, and Two Face from The New Batman Adventures and Robin, Catwoman, Man-Bat, Joker, and the Batmobile from Batman: The Animated Series. It's almost too much in a way. Never imagined we'd get things like the Batcave set or the Batwing. I'd like to catch up at some point.

how many of you have made customs for this line show pics.

I only have TAS Batman, Robin and Joker. Must get Clayface, Gordon, Bullock, Riddler and Penguin.

do we know why Ivy was absent from TF yet? Hopefully they are reworking her.

Batgirl looks bad. shame they couldn't come close to this bust by Diamond Select...
lzPnCw5.jpg

Personally, I don't think those Batgirl and Penguin busts look on model at all. Penguin especially. In those cases, I think DCC did a much better job. I mean, that Batgirl is nice, and the hair and colours are more faithful, but the face seems much more off model than the DCC version.

Batmobile £66 on Amazon UK at the moment with Prime Delivery

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We have our 1st photos of Ivy and 1st video walkthrough with Kevin:
https://www.figures.com/2017/02/19/tf2017-from-dc-collectibles-live/

- Ivy hasn't changed
- The Rogues set will be all cardboard, but they measured to make sure that you can fit the Batsignal on top of it at least.
- Joker Expressions will be March 2018 and will have a regular Joker with additional grey arms and coat.
- The Batcomputer will include some cardboard version of that nice cave backdrop.

Wow their DC Films line sure tanked didn't it? Such potential for greatness, handled so poorly.

They were foolish not to make figures from their previous films like 1989 Batman and Reeves Superman. The current films are being made by so many companies that the market just wasn't there.

That is quite the wait on the expression Joker. My wallet thanks you DCC though.

If they came out the gate with lines from 89-97 and Superman 78, it'd be a different story now. But no they had to drink the Kool Aid and handle it backwards.

So if tench coat joker is part of expression pack, I guess we can use just one expression with the hat. Because I think Hat will need a plug in the head like for Zatanna.

Do you think there will be some figures being released between Rogue 5 and Joker expression pack? Because from August to March it's huge time. I don't count Alfred as figure as it's part of the "vehicle" release like Batmobile and Batwing.

We have our 1st photos of Ivy and 1st video walkthrough with Kevin:
https://www.figures.com/2017/02/19/tf2017-from-dc-collectibles-live/

- Ivy hasn't changed
- The Rogues set will be all cardboard, but they measured to make sure that you can fit the Batsignal on top of it at least.
- Joker Expressions will be March 2018 and will have a regular Joker with additional grey arms and coat.
- The Batcomputer will include some cardboard version of that nice cave backdrop.

Thanks for finding this!!

Poison Ivy:
Her face and proportions look great, imo. The green of the gloves, boots and swimsuit looks accurate, but the green of the pants looks off, sort of too saturated. I pray it's the lighting of the place and the camera that is causing that. Glad to see that the hair is orange as it should be (proto image was brown).
That bang is the #1 problem here. It's too massive, looks like Talia's bang.
I pray they fix that damn thing, or I'll do that myself when I get her.

Rogues Gallery box:
Laughing hard and out loud at it being cardboard. What a stupid idea. But it is what it is, sadly. I want the characters, so I'm "forced" to have that box. Oh, well...

Joker Expressions set:
Interesting idea to have one body "change" clothes. It'll please both the people who already own the Joker and those who don't. Smart idea. Sold.

Batcomputer set:
Glad to know that the great cardboard background will be included, makes me want it even more.

The Joker expressions pack looks great. Makes me wonder why the regular, and Christmas Joker sculpts didn't have the same quality.

Now I'm expecting a Harley Expressions pack with a figure that can switch not only multiple portraits but maybe include a straitjacket.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Took my daughter to see The Lego Batman movie today, and she said, "That's like, the best movie ever!" (She's eleven)
It's really good, I recommend it to all fellow Batman freaks. Really funny and full of Batman history references. They even show him posing like the intro to The Animated Series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back