DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Since Harley was born in The Animated Series, thought you guys would like to know this:

The exact moment "Suicide Squad" fails Harley Quinn | HitFlix

I cannot believe they did that to Harley!!

Considering boycotting the movie big time.

I agree with hating Harley's rebooted origin. It was fine the way it was and didn't need touched. Though I can't stand the feminist bull**** in that article lol. To be honest I don't care for most Live Action super hero/villain movies. It always seems cornier, forced and takes a lot of emotion and depth away from the story for me. Of all of her rebooted looks though, I'd have to choose her Injustice costume (either one) as her best new outfit. Harley's character went to **** not only in the comics, but when Tara Strong started voicing her in the Arkham series. She went from a favorite to hardly tolerable haha. Arleen Sorkin and OG Harley for life lol. Though I disagree with Fry. I believe Harley did have a choice in her original origin. She took something she glorified and let it manifest into an obsession, making a conscious decision to take the path she took, even if she didn't always fully agree with it. Now she fights giant pizzas with Powergirl lol. Still coping her Designer Series figs though

Personally, I don't care which origin they're using and honestly, I don't buy anything HitFix says after those Batman V Superman "stories".

I think it can be summed up with a quote from the Nostalgia Critic:

"I DON'T WANT CHANGE! I DON'T WANT CHANGE! I DON'T WANT CHANGE! EVERYTHING HAS TO BE THE SAME!"

Might I also add that with Harley's current ongoing, she's completely broke free from the Joker's influence.

And when I say break, I mean literally.

One of the great things about these characters is that they can be tweaked and still be awesome and entertaining.

The change in origin isn't a deal breaker to me. She is still a therapist in Arkham who falls the Jokers charms and has her inner craziness/demons exploited by him. The pushing into a vat of chemicals looks to play out as a symbolic thing more than the sole reason for her turn to a life of crime.

I'm glad to see so many with an open mind haha. The reason why that article is garbage is because the movie has NOT been seen yet. Period. She lists *spoilers* as if she has actually seen the film. It's complete bull right out of the gate and nothing but click bait. That alone completely discredits the article for me. Not to mention the various mistakes with comic knowledge and series knowledge (that have been corrected since originally posting). I don't think she truly cares about the character. She has other motives with the article, clearly.

There are going to be at least 2 or 3 more definitive Harley cinematic incarnations before we die. We will likely get another more accurate to her original origin eventually. With many many more incarnations beyond our time. She is a brand new character and she's obviously going to go through many changes. That is what makes a character last hundreds of years, the way Batman and Superman will continue to. Look how much change they underwent, and crazy incarnations they have. Harley will be the same.

If the new film fails on the Harley aspect, another film will come. Then another and another. Theres plenty to love here. I just prefer to wait until the actual movie RELEASES before judging it.

After around August 5th, when we know what the actual film will present, feel free to boycott haha.

Isn't Catwoman getting an update/reissue? Or was it cancelled? Prices are ridiculous from third party seller.

Yes i e-mailed DC Collectibles about it and they said the Re-Release Catwoman should be coming out sometime in March.

Yes i e-mailed DC Collectibles about it and they said the Re-Release Catwoman should be coming out sometime in March.

Thanks! I thought so, is people paying the inflated price because they want the 75th logo on the package? Or will it still have the logo?

No i think the price got so high because the catwoman figures have almost totally disappeared from the stores and many aren't aware that a better version is on the way.

Maybe I should just cave in and order a Mr Freeze from somewhere while I still have the chance to cop it at normal price. Was hoping for a reissue, but I'm not sure if it's gonna happen. Has anyone gotten any response from DCC about Two Face or Freeze? He's the only one I'm missing

"Hey there.

I saw the photos of the deluxe batmobile set and that you used the Pantasm 2 pack Head for Batman. The head looks great (and a LOT better than the one of the single figure), but please let me ask this: Could you think of doing this head (from phantasm 2 pack) again, but with the mouth closed? This would look great and close to the firstly shown prototype from the Toy Fair in the last year. It would be heaven on earth for me. :)

Greetings
(don't tell my name)"

-

"Thanks for reaching out to us. We are looking at some possible ways to keep the Batman figures interesting. Stay tuned! We will probably have more to show at San Diego Comic Con.

Kev"

---

I'm not sure, but this sounds like a lot of nothing... :/
what does this mean? are they now thinking of it or is it supposed to mean "keep dreaming, girl"?

Ultimately, I think it would add some value, if they do decide to do accessory packs, if each one came with some extra head with a different expression/different version. The one thing about the show is that there wasn't a lot of consistency in terms of character design in those early years, so, I could see them having a lot of fun with that.

Hey guys, looks like I need some advice. Being in Asia, I might be one of the last in the world to get the Batmobile in stock, and I finally got a notice by my supplier (and I need to pay up the 50% balance too). I was wondering, should I keep the Batmobile or sell it MISB to get the newer combo pack one with the better grill?

Thanks for the opinions!

Hey guys, looks like I need some advice. Being in Asia, I might be one of the last in the world to get the Batmobile in stock, and I finally got a notice by my supplier (and I need to pay up the 50% balance too). I was wondering, should I keep the Batmobile or sell it MISB to get the newer combo pack one with the better grill?

Thanks for the opinions!
Honestly it would just depend on what version you want. They're going to be releasing the figs and Bat signal from the set separately, so it just depends on if you want the matte or metallic paint. Personally I prefer the original paint job more

Honestly it would just depend on what version you want. They're going to be releasing the figs and Bat signal from the set separately, so it just depends on if you want the matte or metallic paint. Personally I prefer the original paint job more

Source about "They're going to be releasing the figs and Bat signal from the set separately" ?

Back