DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

What I liked before the Hercules and Xena series started was Hercules was a mini series of movies on something that was called the Action PACK SHOWCASE that included shows like TEK WAR, Bandit, Vanishing Son and Cleopatra 2025 or something like that.

But there was Hercules vs Minotaur

Hercules and the Amazon Woman which had a blonde Lucy Lawless playing a character ( her first appearance into the franchise)

Another Hercules title that featured Renee O Connor ( Gabrielle from Xena) also her first appearance in the franchise

And two other Hercules titled movies which starred Tawny Kitan and the late Anthony Quinn as Zeus :lecture

I miss those films they had them on Netflix but they took them off. At least both series are still on Netflix

Exactly!!!!
Hercules had 5 TV movies before it became a proper series.
Those movies were the $h!t back in the day, my favorite being The Maze of the Minotaur!!! :lecture

I have the Hercules Season 1 DVD box.
Amazing set, with all 5 movies + all 13 season-one episodes, which happen to be my favorite eps, since they feature all my fave villians.
Plus, the package is amazing and even came with a golden greek coin.
:thud:

I also have Xena Season 1 box, with 24 eps.

I've been rewatching them these days.

Also... Please!! A two-disc DVD edition of Mask of the Phantasm, for Christ's sake!
With a special Digipak package and new adult-friendly cover.

It's very surprising to me Mask of the Phantasm hasn't seen a special edition release. I thought for sure with the film's 20'th anniversary and Batman's 75'th a couple years ago we would have seen it, but like you said, there was nothing. I'd much rather see MOTP get a special edition then any number of their current direct to dvd animated films, which seem to be getting worse and worse as we go along.

It's very surprising to me Mask of the Phantasm hasn't seen a special edition release. I thought for sure with the film's 20'th anniversary and Batman's 75'th a couple years ago we would have seen it, but like you said, there was nothing. I'd much rather see MOTP get a special edition then any number of their current direct to dvd animated films, which seem to be getting worse and worse as we go along.

Seriously - I couldn't believe it when 2013 was about to end and nothing had been announced.
I was SO, SO sure a special edition of MOTP was going to be release. DVD or BD, I was buying anything.

Man, I was telling everyone... My girl, my friends, parents, dogs... "MOTP is coming in a special edition this year! Just watch!!"

..................................................................................nothing

I was PISSED. Like Dent when pissed - throwing the chairs, etc.

The justice League Star movie was great but yeah after that they went crazy with all the S and B animated movies and then they started using DC graphic novels into movies like Batman year One, Superman Rising Son, etc and now there are too many out there now :horror

Exactly!!!!
Hercules had 5 TV movies before it became a proper series.
Those movies were the $h!t back in the day, my favorite being The Maze of the Minotaur!!! :lecture

I have the Hercules Season 1 DVD box.
Amazing set, with all 5 movies + all 13 season-one episodes, which happen to be my favorite eps, since they feature all my fave villians.
Plus, the package is amazing and even came with a golden greek coin.
:thud:

I also have Xena Season 1 box, with 24 eps.

I've been rewatching them these days.

Some of my favorite episodes where the crossover ones where Xena showed up on Hercules, vice versa or other characters like Autlocus and Aries and Calisto would crossover to the other series.

I will never forget the Xena musical, some of Raimi's and Rob talbert's best work, up there with Wheadon's BTVS musical :yess:

Do you remember Melinda Clarke ( infamous Julie Cooper from the OC ) playing that Amazon that became a god

The justice League Star movie was great but yeah after that they went crazy with all the S and B animated movies and then they started using DC graphic novels into movies like Batman year One, Superman Rising Son, etc and now there are too many out there now :horror

I don't think there's too many. It's just the quality seems to be declining. The last good one imo was the Dark Knight Returns adaptation. Since then, though, I think movies like Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin and Batman: Assault on Arkham were all pretty poor. The animation is generic. The voice acting is sub par if not downright bad. I also think they've become overly violent and sexual just for the sake of being so.

Some of my favorite episodes where the crossover ones where Xena showed up on Hercules, vice versa or other characters like Autlocus and Aries and Calisto would crossover to the other series.

I will never forget the Xena musical, some of Raimi's and Rob talbert's best work, up there with Wheadon's BTVS musical :yess:

Do you remember Melinda Clarke ( infamous Julie Cooper from the OC ) playing that Amazon that became a god

Love the crossover eps too!

I do remember that Amazon girl becoming a god.
Great episode, though I remember only a few of Xena's eps...

I think the Xena series kinda lost its main focus towards the end of the show? Can't tell that precisely, but I remember me losing interest in it. :dunno

N
Love the crossover eps too!

I do remember that Amazon girl becoming a god.
Great episode, though I remember only a few of Xena's eps...

I think the Xena series kinda lost its main focus towards the end of the show? Can't tell that precisely, but I remember me losing interest in it. :dunno

You are correct the last few seasons were bizarre. IMO it started losing interest with me when they started adding the Asian storylines into it. The writing got so warped in the final season of Xena

Hercules had a great run. I thought it was sad that the original Iaolaus died though.

N

You are correct the last few seasons were bizarre. IMO it started losing interest with me when they started adding the Asian storylines into it. The writing got so warped in the final season of Xena

Hercules had a great run. I thought it was sad that the original Iaolaus died though.

Iolaus died?! WHAT?! When?! :horror
LMAO, I never finished the whole 111 Hercules eps.
But that's OK... I don't mind 20+ year-old spoiler. lol

Yes, Xena's last seasons were horrible... I remember hating that ep in which they go to "present time", as in "today". LMAO
Xena in the elevator, building etc. LMAOOO I couldn't stand it.

Has DC mentioned anything about the Batwing getting made . Or the first scarecrow appearance and TAS Bane ...

7a8924883c7781d608c9a738f4dd5dd3.jpg

I was always a fan of the Gargoyles Show. The action figs were great. Wish I had kept all mine.
Watched Hercules and Xena all the time.

I must have TAS Bane they owe me since they made dark knight's bane into Ubu hahahaha. (bald, middle eastern and working for Rah's, Really??) Of course the Batman and Robin version sucked too. Guess TAS was the only one to get him right (IMO).

Loved his voice, his costume and especially his height compared to Batman. Man was he big. If they make him I hope they translate the height difference well. Kenner did.

Of course the same goes for the batwing, the batcycle and even, like I said before, the batboat. I would LOVE to see those. I hated Batman having boats in the movies except for batman returns. But this was my favourite rendition.
I mean just look at the batmobile. I think nearly everyone would buy all 3 other vehicles.

If I had to choose though, I'd go for the batcycle. Since articulation is more existing than in the '90s where we can really wrap his legs around it. and have different hands to hold the handlebars.

Bazinga!

Insanely huge collection, Captain!
Congrats! :clap

I was looking for that Eaglemoss TAS Batmobile a couple of months ago.
Can I ask where'd you get it and how much it was? [emoji38]
Thanks! Oh, that's only a very small portion of everything I have. Star Wars/Trek, LOTR, BSG, Marvel/DC minimates, and a few Hot Toys too. Unfortunately, no room for DCC's Batmobile. I opted for all 3 little Eaglemoss ones instead of the one big one. Now I'm covered for all 3 shows! [emoji4] I may just display all three on a small wall shelf or something.

I picked up my Eaglemoss Batmobiles from these guys a few months ago:
Eaglemoss Batmobile from Batman_
I stumbled upon this site and they're great!

It's probably a weird request, but, honestly, I'd probably want "First Appearance" Bane over TNBA Bane or TAS Bane. There's something so badass about him getting off that plane in a suit and a Fedora, while still wearing his mask. It's one of those things where neither design really hits the mark, for me. TNBA Bane looks like he should be knocked out by Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction, and TAS Bane looks like he teaches some Jazzercise class in the '80s, with the black unitard over the purple/blue leggings.

Bane has been that character that has not have a 100% fair adaptation outside the comics.

4 adaptations so far, right?
TAS Bane, TNBA Bane, Batman & Robin Bane and TDKR Bane.

And none hit the mark completely...

Personally, I'd pick TAS Bane's visual over the other three, as it is more faithful to the character's early comics appearances (Knightfall etc) that I like.

Still to this day, I really wish his TAS episode, "Bane", was a 2-part one.
He could have been way more used and could have featured the classic breakage of Batman's back and its aftermath.
Would have been another classic TAS ep.

Timm always had a level of contempt for bane and knightfall(he saw then as gimmicks), which is why he gave him an almost mockingly luchadore like costume, and the outcome of the initial episode.

He's my favorite villain though so I was happy to see him on the show and anticipated his appearance from when wizard magazine said he would be on.

I also think he was one of the best kenner figures in the line, and ended up being the hardest to find for me out of them all.

$15.71 for the Creeper on amazon right now. Good to be a prime member.

Got my custom stands in today from Sentry and im a big fan of them.

IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

Bane has been that character that has not have a 100% fair adaptation outside the comics.

4 adaptations so far, right?
TAS Bane, TNBA Bane, Batman & Robin Bane and TDKR Bane.

And none hit the mark completely...

Personally, I'd pick TAS Bane's visual over the other three, as it is more faithful to the character's early comics appearances (Knightfall etc) that I like.

Still to this day, I really wish his TAS episode, "Bane", was a 2-part one.
He could have been way more used and could have featured the classic breakage of Batman's back and its aftermath.
Would have been another classic TAS ep.

I was really just referring to the animated stuff, but, if I'm being honest, my favorite version of Bane anywhere may actually be from the Arkham Origins game, pre-TN-1. They managed to distill all of the best parts of the character into a really badass character design, and it was probably one of the best parts of that game.

Back