DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I would love to hear some of the preferances you guys might have regarding episodes on which DC could base upcoming figures in both the T.A.S. and N.B.A. lines.

I would love to see Bane from ep. Bane (okay that's a given since it was his only appearance)

But for Two-Face I would love to see D.C.C. use Two-face part 2 or even more so: Second Chance. (in his short appearance in pt. 1 he has a white eyebrow, hope and a hospital shirt on. Hope they don't use that look because two face tas and nba resemble each other a lot.

For Killer Croc I'd like to see either Vendetta or Sideshow.

Not really because of accessoires but because those episodes, to me, were really defining. I guess accessoires* (really doubting my spelling haha) would be a better argument of course. What are your thoughts on that.

Also, what characters (if any) would you leave on the shelf. For me it's definetly those rich kids from terrible trio, LAME! Also I would not need a Nostromos or the villains from the episodes the forgotten and the underdwellers and the guy with the eyepiece from off balance, Vertigo I believe. Every other character, main- or background, I would probably buy hahaha.

Last question, how many of you would love to see (let's say the batcycle and batwing are a given) the batboat. I never cared for a boat for Batman, except in TAS. That thing was awesome.

I would love to hear some of the preferances you guys might have regarding episodes on which DC could base upcoming figures in both the T.A.S. and N.B.A. lines.

I would love to see Bane from ep. Bane (okay that's a given since it was his only appearance)

But for Two-Face I would love to see D.C.C. use Two-face part 2 or even more so: Second Chance. (in his short appearance in pt. 1 he has a white eyebrow, hope and a hospital shirt on. Hope they don't use that look because two face tas and nba resemble each other a lot.

For Killer Croc I'd like to see either Vendetta or Sideshow.

Not really because of accessoires but because those episodes, to me, were really defining. I guess accessoires* (really doubting my spelling haha) would be a better argument of course. What are your thoughts on that.

Also, what characters (if any) would you leave on the shelf. For me it's definetly those rich kids from terrible trio, LAME! Also I would not need a Nostromos or the villains from the episodes the forgotten and the underdwellers and the guy with the eyepiece from off balance, Vertigo I believe. Every other character, main- or background, I would probably buy hahaha.

Last question, how many of you would love to see (let's say the batcycle and batwing are a given) the batboat. I never cared for a boat for Batman, except in TAS. That thing was awesome.

I love that discussion! hahaha So many possibilities! haha!
I made a list of the figures I own and the next figures I want and their respective episodes and accessories a couple of weeks ago:

Announced figures
Got:

Catwoman, Joker, Robin, Man-Bat, Penguin, Batman, Riddler, Batmobile

Getting:

Harley Quinn, Mad Hatter, Phantasm 2-pack, Gordon, Zatanna

For the characters still to be announced that I'll get, here are my suggestions:

Two-Face
No brainer: lucky coin
Episode for further accessories: "Two-Face part II" - gun, machine gun, wallet with Grace & Harvey photo

Poison Ivy
No brainer: wrist bow
Episode: "Pretty Poison" - rose, lipstick, venus flytrap

Mr. Freeze
No brainer: ice gun
Episode: "Heart of Ice" - Nora music box

Scarecrow
Episode: "Trial" - sickle

Clayface
Either one, both have good "hands", lol

Bane
Episode: "Bane" (duh!!) - anything? He actually doesn't need accessories.

Killer Croc
Episode: "Sideshow" - chains, rock

Ventriloquist/Scarface:
No brainer: Scarface's machine gun
Episode: "Catwalk"? One of those animal statues and the detonator? Don't know.

Alfred
I honestly don't like the idea of giving him "butler" accessories, as he's more than that to Bruce.
Give him a Wayne family portrait.

Batgirl
Just like Bats and Robin, typical accessories: bat rope, batarang

And then I'm cool with my collection. :lecture

As far as Two-Face goes, if we're talking Two-Face Part II, I'd add an alternate head to that list, as well:

Two-Face-2.jpg

Cool idea, batfan08!

But, seriously... If they give him the wallet with Grace & Harvey photo, I... I... I will die. :monkey2
So many emotions.

I'll take any character DCC decided to make. I'll even take a couple of the interchangeable goons for good measure. Joker's thugs, Penguin's thugs, Two Face's thugs, and those two ladies from "Eternal Youth". Even guys like Rupert Thorne, Arnold Stromwell, Salvatore Valestra, Buzz Bronski and Chuckie Sol would be awesome.

Make the duck! This line has me hooked. I hope they maximize every bit of it.

As far as Two-Face goes, if we're talking Two-Face Part II, I'd add an alternate head to that list, as well:

Two-Face-2.jpg

This. Two-Face is my favorite character. If they based their figure on Two-Face: Part 2, there are so many accessories they could go with. The hood, the wallet, the machine gun. His coin, obviously. There's also a scene where he dresses in a trench-coat and hat and he looks SO bad-ass. Hell, I hope DC ends up doing a Harvey Dent figure. He was Harvey for many episodes before he became Two-Face. Also: the coin! Does anybody remember the DC Direct Rogues Gallery figure of Two-Face? The one based on Brian Bolland's art? THAT figure is probably my pick for the coolest Two-Face figure ever, and one of the reasons is because of how AMAZING the coin is: they made a piece of plastic that connects to the coin, making it look like it's spiraling in the air and you hook it over the figure's thumb. DC should just steal from themselves and do that, because a mid-flip Two-Face is way cooler than one with the coin looking like a melted chocolate dollar in his palm, IMHO.

As for the Penguin's Duck-Mobile, I'd be amazed if they made it! It actually appeared in at least TWO different episodes, didn't it? The Mechanic and Birds of a Feather. Were there any others? They won't do it, but if they did, and NECA scales down their DeVito Penguin to 7" I'd consider buying TWO!

This. Two-Face is my favorite character. If they based their figure on Two-Face: Part 2, there are so many accessories they could go with. The hood, the wallet, the machine gun. His coin, obviously. There's also a scene where he dresses in a trench-coat and hat and he looks SO bad-ass. Hell, I hope DC ends up doing a Harvey Dent figure. He was Harvey for many episodes before he became Two-Face. Also: the coin! Does anybody remember the DC Direct Rogues Gallery figure of Two-Face? The one based on Brian Bolland's art? THAT figure is probably my pick for the coolest Two-Face figure ever, and one of the reasons is because of how AMAZING the coin is: they made a piece of plastic that connects to the coin, making it look like it's spiraling in the air and you hook it over the figure's thumb. DC should just steal from themselves and do that, because a mid-flip Two-Face is way cooler than one with the coin looking like a melted chocolate dollar in his palm, IMHO.

As for the Penguin's Duck-Mobile, I'd be amazed if they made it! It actually appeared in at least TWO different episodes, didn't it? The Mechanic and Birds of a Feather. Were there any others? They won't do it, but if they did, and NECA scales down their DeVito Penguin to 7" I'd consider buying TWO!

You can see it at 7:40. Looks pretty cool.

No one brought it here, but DCC posted this photo of Catwoman on Halloween eve on facebook.

NO HIP HOLES!!!!! The new Catwoman is real!!!!!!!
:yess:

12065695_10153847054704258_7243908347464915600_n.jpg

The eyes are still bad painted, though... Oh well, here I go again with my painting skills... :lol

Here you can find Harley, Riddler and Creeper with their jack-o-lanterns too:
DC Collectibles: Carving a Batman: The Animated Series Pumpkin | DC Comics

Harley looks so beautiful. :drool
My God... :monkey5

I spoke to both Kevin Kiniry and Jim Fletcher several times about this guy, and while I know why they didn't put in the shadows, I absolutely do not understand it. Also, they gave him too many damn teeth.

yeah, personally I also don't like it... They should defo give him a bit of shadow at least and yeah too many teeth..

I agree. He doesn't look right with that much of his face showing.

I would like to see the different versions of Batman in figure form from the episode " Legends of the Dark Knight "

That 50's Robin and Joker :clap

I would like to see the different versions of Batman in figure form from the episode " Legends of the Dark Knight "

That 50's Robin and Joker :clap

That would be some must have figures.

I Hope DC relase The Scarface figure, the Clock King, Red Claw, Bullock and even Montoya :) and the second version of Scarecrow and the first Poison Ivy. I'm gonna skip to buy The Creeper and i'm not sure about Zatana, i'm a fan of her but i don't feel her like a Gotham character.

Back