DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

He looks pretty good, but like everything in this line so far DC drops the ball on the paint. Like Catwoman and Two-Face, Joker will require some paint work on his face to really bring out the great likeness we saw on the prototype.

So which online store has the best deal on these right now? I think Amazon is undercutting BBTS for the 4 in-stock figures, but for all of the pre-order items, BBTS has the best prices I could find. Anyone found them online cheaper?

I like how amazon will bundle the 4 in-stock figures together for $20 more than you pay if you buy each one separately. :lol

Ordered Joker today. He and Robin are both due March 11th from Diamond. The strange thing is that Man-Bat's still TBD.

Joker looks good. I'm interested in that Bat signal. Is that something coming out as well?

I like how amazon will bundle the 4 in-stock figures together for $20 more than you pay if you buy each one separately. :lol

They don't, the bundle is listed by a third-party seller on Amazon.

"Sold by Sure Thing Sales and Fulfilled by Amazon."

The individual ones at the lower price are sold by Amazon.

"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

That's why you sometimes get the same thing listed for different prices on Amazon -- all depends on which seller you're actually buying from.

This was in the most recent issue of Batman, and it got me excited; we get to see what Batman looks like in the car:

971BB717-8F23-4E71-BAE0-8EEB807C4AA0.jpg

They don't, the bundle is listed by a third-party seller on Amazon.

"Sold by Sure Thing Sales and Fulfilled by Amazon."

The individual ones at the lower price are sold by Amazon.

"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

That's why you sometimes get the same thing listed for different prices on Amazon -- all depends on which seller you're actually buying from.

Great detective work sherlock

Last edited:

This was in the most recent issue of Batman, and it got me excited; we get to see what Batman looks like in the car:

971BB717-8F23-4E71-BAE0-8EEB807C4AA0.jpg
Nice!! Makes the Batmobile look longer with him sat inside, though it could just be the angle of the photo I guess.

At first glance, I thought it was the Kenner Combat Belt Batman sitting in the Batmobile which is a good thing considering that I think it's the best animated series figure of Batman out there.

I updated the figure line-up image I did a while back with all the new announcements. Have to say, the BTAS line-up is looking pretty damn awesome now!
I used the measurements given in the official solicits to get an accurate as possible representation of the figure heights. (Except for the Batmobile and Roxy's rocket of course)

I'd love to pic up Bane, but not if the official height they solicited is true. He's way too short there.

I know shes just an animated rip-off of Calendar Man but I always thought Calendar Girl was a creepy villain with that porcelain mask, plus her backstory makes a lot more sense for Bats twisted world of villains than Calendar Mans. Id like to see a figure of her made.....

Me too! I thought she was awesome. These are the kinds of Batman villains I prefer: people with twisted psyches. That's why I've never been much of a fan of, for instance, Man-Bat. Man-Bat strikes me as more of a Spider-Man villain. I'd take Calendar Girl over him any day.

Now that DC is saying they're fixing the quality control problems and eliminating the awful-looking holes in the legs, I'm cautiously getting into this line. I never bought any of wave one because of the ugly holes, but I've got a bunch of figures from succeeding waves pre-ordered. Here's hoping it's smooth sailing from here. No pin-holes on the Joker is a good sign.

New picture from DCC's Facebook showing Batman and Robin in the Batmobile. Pure awesomeness!

It looks like their capes are just shoved in under them (causing a slight bulge). I guess we're not getting any special 'half-capes' like some people were speculating.

Back