DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Are you suggesting the 2 helmets might be removable to reveal Bruce Wayne headsculpts? It would make sense.

Are you suggesting the 2 helmets might be removable to reveal Bruce Wayne headsculpts? It would make sense.

Nope, they are two helmets, one with smirking, and the other with angry teeth

So what brings you to the conclusion that a Bruce Wayne is coming?

I just noticed the JLU is possibly the first DC Collectibles Batman to feature an accurately angular jawline, as opposed to the more rounded ones they sculpted before.

This new wave almost feels like a thank you to the fans from DCC. It has the characters we wanted, lots of awesome accessories, extra articulation, a fantastic vehicle, and all being sold as singles instead of an overpriced pack. They’ve really redeemed themselves here.

And judging by the bad reaction their Essentials line seems to be getting, I bet they’ll be happy they continued this Animated Series line as it’s saved SDCC for them!

That Essentials wave they revealed is horrid. Fabok is one of my favorite current artists but I don't see much of his art in any of them. Still, I thought about maybe picking up a couple from the first 2 waves, but I won't even bother now.

That said, I do have my issues with the sculpting on this animated wave. However, having to put up with Irene Matar's work for the last few years, I guess I've learned to accept it and take the good with the bad. I mean, at the most I expected a "here, now go away" two pack of Scarecrow and Two-Face. I really shouldn't even say "expected", more like if we were lucky. So this is indeed a great thank you from a company that is barely even producing action figures anymore.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I finally found the Batman Expressions set and Harvey Bullock at a decent price and ordered them. Now there's this flood of good news!

Can someone explain the hip articulation on Gray Ghost and Scarecrow (and probably Two-Face)? At first glance it seems like it limits the range of motion.

Does the base of the bat-cycle somehow connect to the Batcave? They kinda made it sound that way.

I was thinking that too. Perhaps it connects at the bottom of the steps? That’s the only place I can think of it fitting really. It also looks like the base flips upside down to create a street base with manhole cover too.

I was thinking that too. Perhaps it connects at the bottom of the steps? That’s the only place I can think of it fitting really. It also looks like the base flips upside down to create a street base with manhole cover too.

Very Interesting... I didn't notice that.

I don't think it connects. I think it's just that they made it look like a scaled down version of the hinged entrance/exit door that Batman drives over.

Can someone explain the hip articulation on Gray Ghost and Scarecrow (and probably Two-Face)? At first glance it seems like it limits the range of motion.

Yeah I'm really interested in seeing how that works. I'm curious if there's actually a balljoint there or if they're just "diagonal" swivels (like the old Kenner Killer Croc toy for example). Hopefully they're balljoints since the latter would really limit poseability.

Besides that though these really do look fantastic.

Does the base of the bat-cycle somehow connect to the Batcave? They kinda made it sound that way.

It's going to be like a reversible dio backdrop. Side A is the Batcave, side B is a Gotham alleyway.

I’d love to know what the reaction was like during the DCC panel just now when they got to talking about the Animated Series figures (I saw on Instagram that they had a slide with the animated series figures on, so clearly they talked about them). I have to imagine there was a loud applause at that point, showing DCC just how much love there still is for the line. Would be interesting to know if they hinted at the line continuing after these too.

I also spotted they’re still trying to push sales for that hideous Rick Baker Joker bust by having it (and Rick) there. I can’t see anyone wanting to own that grotesque thing!

Did you guys see that BBTS had 2 extra pictures of the Gray Ghost? He has a removable hat and all 3 cars! I was hoping Two-Face would have pics showing what the muzzle is too. Syfy had it listed and I'm really hoping it's a muzzle flash for his gun.
3f132a0968ba618d8b01ef4bf36231a9.jpg
f2228c4c5da1e1b1aa495b3b081bcd92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Loving all these accessories. It's like the line has been reborn.

Hopefully there's talk of continuing Batman Beyond and Superman as well.

Did you guys see that BBTS had 2 extra pictures of the Gray Ghost? He has a removable hat and all 3 cars! I was hoping Two-Face would have pics showing what the muzzle is too. Syfy had it listed and I'm really hoping it's a muzzle flash for his gun.
3f132a0968ba618d8b01ef4bf36231a9.jpg
f2228c4c5da1e1b1aa495b3b081bcd92.jpg

he even comes with blue Two Face's hand ;)

Haha, didn't you hear? DCC changed their minds with Two-Face's coin and is pulling a MAFEX by including it only in the extra hand that comes with the Gray Ghost. [emoji14]

This is such a pleasant surprise. Gray Ghost has been at the top of my wish list since this line was announced.

Back