DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

They sell them at full price ($42) but pick up makes it cheaper than the other stores online with their shipping fees.

Fuuuuck you pay $42 per figure?! I'm so sorry, that sucks! And here I was complaining about them going to $28 lol

The TDKR 3 pack is one of my most anticipated out of the entire line. I love that they're actually doing it in the first place, but the fact that they're including the Mutant Leader is the cherry. My only issue is I find the sculpt on Batman to be a little soft, as opposed to the sharper lines in the animation.

BEST SCENE EVER!
Really sfa, THIS is my MOST favourite scene of all show! xDDDD

even if I said I'm out buying these figures I still love following the thread. you guys make me laugh every visit

Fuuuuck you pay $42 per figure?! I'm so sorry, that sucks! And here I was complaining about them going to $28 lol

True it doesn't sound good but that is AUD not USD. Yeah we pay more for everything but our wage rates are higher than the US so it is all relative in the end. When our dollar is one for one with yours, it's great for us!

Gordon is spelt Gordan in Australia, OK not really, just trying to cover for my unforgivable ignorance :)

Got Zanna today and she is fantastic! No paint issue or any issue whatsoever :D The hat can be removed (by force) but this is a magic trick by itself. There is a long piece of plastic inside and it is glued all the way. I will snap a photo of it tomorrow.

So, I just received the Mad Love 2-pack and I must say I'm VERY pleased with it.
I'll do a quick review.

First, Harley.
HarleyDCC.jpg

Yes, I collect only BTAS figures, but Mad Love is originally a BTAS story, with the characters in BTAS design. So, this version of Harley fits any BTAS collection.
She's just so gorgeous. I love her body proportions, especially the hips. Her face is also beautiful; I LOVE the smile.
I'm very glad I got her.
And... JUST IN TIME for Suicide Squad next week! Go, Harley! lmao

Then, the Joker
JokerDCC.jpg

And here is my biggest surprise.
Although it's "the same" Joker, the paint apps and overall finish on him is FAR superior to the original single-carded Joker.
The main revamped paint app was on the teeth. It's fantastic and stands out impressively when next to the first one: bigger teeth and darker yellow collor.

New matte effect on the hair, teeth, hands, shirt, tie, flower and feet. Love it.

Yes, they could have given us something truly new, like a new sculpt, but at least it's a superior "original" Joker.

Plus, I got a new Mad Love comicbook, which is cool, since it came very clean with zero scratches on the cover, something I never saw on any comicbook before. Thank you, DCC!!
I already had the same comicbook and the original two-part one.

In all, I highly recommend this pack.

Glad you're diggin the Mad Love set, WGD. I replaced my single card Joker with the new one on my shelf too. Way better. Though they both have that ding by the right ear/jaw, but no biggie. Did you pop off the heads on your Harley's and swap em yet? Or are you just gonna leave her as is?

True it doesn't sound good but that is AUD not USD. Yeah we pay more for everything but our wage rates are higher than the US so it is all relative in the end. When our dollar is one for one with yours, it's great for us!

Gordon is spelt Gordan in Australia, OK not really, just trying to cover for my unforgivable ignorance :)

Ooh, alright, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking usd. That would be awful lol

This is how Zanna looks without her hat :p

Ya know, that's almost exactly what I expected. I figured she would have a big rectangular post holding that hat on. The only differences are that I thought it would be part of the hair and therefore be black as well :slap

Almost reminds me of Tom in the Tom & Jerry cartoons when he'd get whacked in the head with an anvil or baseball bat and one of those enormous knots would grow out of his head :lol

Glad you're diggin the Mad Love set, WGD. I replaced my single card Joker with the new one on my shelf too. Way better. Though they both have that ding by the right ear/jaw, but no biggie. Did you pop off the heads on your Harley's and swap em yet? Or are you just gonna leave her as is?

I haven't swaped their heads, cause I removed the paint off of the original BTAS Harley's face. I'll have a friend of mine repaint it.
But I plan on leaving Lingerie Harley as is.
The BTAS Harley's head actually has a great sculpt and a better paint app will do it justice. I'll get TNBA Harley because of that much better body and, if she has a big head that looks weird next to the BTAS figures, I'll swap their heads.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yeah, I'll leave Zanna as is. I don't mind her wearing her hat.

Ps.: we also now know how Penguin looks without his hat. :lol

When is the Gordon wave coming out in the U.S.?

Next Wednesday, August 3.

LMAO! YES!

Did you actually get the figure already? No problem at all to fix. That post will be super easy to chop off and her hair is mostly in tact. Good good. Her face sculpt is great by the way. With a proper sharp repaint, it will look amazing.

Hahaha awesome, sfa! Can hear it in my head perfectly. Bob Hastings best Gordon ever
Indeed! Loved his Gordon.

BEST SCENE EVER!
Really sfa, THIS is my MOST favourite scene of all show! xDDDD

even if I said I'm out buying these figures I still love following the thread. you guys make me laugh every visit
Glad you like it! :D It was fun re-creating that classic situation.

So funny!! :lol But I'm sure you'll do a great job removing it :)

Hey guys here are some photos of Zanna!

Pros: Sculpt is great and she is made out of new softer more rubbery material so I doubt they will break easily. Great paint application even on her face.

Cons: Articulation... this is getting weaker with every new release. No articulation in her feet and this make a big difference when posing female figure. She can't even lift her arms up properly. I wish DCC rethink the joints they use for these as apart from that the figures are great!

Cane - it's too long and it doesn't look nothing like the one on the promo images.

Fantastic photos as ever zelu! :D I really love the last one with Batman, and the one of her taking a bow.

Back