DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

That's ok man - no worries :)

Googly eyes, black marks on red areas, red marks on black areas, both colored marks on white areas, and excessive white paint from the teeth on the inside of the lips. I don't believe I saw one single figure with all of these problems, so I guess that's something. You shouldn't have to, but I doubt it's nothing you can't fix while in the process of making yours even better than the prototype.

Yep, just as I thought.
The very same paint problems of the Kenner Harley.
Sucks.

BBTS just got in Roxy.

Still doesn't have the normal figures from the past month or two.

I just opened Roxy, and I must say this is the best figure from the line so far. I know she is kinda expensive, but I don't care, i want to pay more and get better quality. The accessories are great, the rocket has a lightning feature. And her articulation is amazing. Everything moves, and nothing feels sturdy or cheap. It's like the great movements like Joker or Man-Bat, but nothing loose. The paint is perfect and the sculpt as well. Dream figure!

I saw both Roxy and Harley today at me LCS and the Harly I saw had ok paint aps. My only problem was how short she is. Standing alongside the Joker she seems almost kid-like. Now put her next to poison ivy and she seemed just fine. Roxy looked great too.

I had to buy tires today so didn't get to the LCS. I plan on going Saturday and grab Harley for sure. Gotta see about $$ to buy Roxy.

Here is your comparrison guys. I still think joker is too long, but Harley is also short.
be132615dcf0f205383ecf3b89a6454c.jpg

Harley and Joker (and Batman and pretty much every character) were drawn at variable heights throughout the run of Batman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, and Justice League. In B:TAS alone, Harley was drawn as tall as coming up to the Joker's eyes, as short as only coming up to his chin, and everywhere in between. I'd say the figure's size is accurate, although not ideal.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but 10/10 harleys at my local comic shop had bad paints. I didnt really like any of them. Her legs are too skinny like others have said and her face looks a bit pudgy.

Harley and Joker (and Batman and pretty much every character) were drawn at variable heights throughout the run of Batman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, and Justice League. In B:TAS alone, Harley was drawn as tall as coming up to the Joker's eyes, as short as only coming up to his chin, and everywhere in between. I'd say the figure's size is accurate, although not ideal.

This.
Same thing with BTAS Robin's height.
He goes as tall as Batman's shoulders in pretty much every episode, but, sometimes, as tall as Bats' eyes.

And also, the same thing as Joker's face.
His face changes so, so much throughout a single episode, that you can't even say "that's his face".

To me, DCC got Joker's face pretty good and anyone who sees him knows who he is.

Let's be honest, this is really good:

JokerTAS.JPG

Eh, I hate that Joker's sculpt. It's all wrong. It could be much better. Batman's is meh too.

They're serviceable though.

Eh, I hate that Joker's sculpt. It's all wrong. It could be much better. Batman's is meh too.

They're serviceable though.

They are serviceable indeed.

And at least, we finally have a Joker figure that really has the costume shown on the series - and with white face.

Batman... Well, I personally can't get over this:

Batman3.JPG

Here is your comparrison guys. I still think joker is too long, but Harley is also short.
be132615dcf0f205383ecf3b89a6454c.jpg

No love for Roxy? C'mon man you have Roxy we need in hand pics of her

Enough with the downplay on Harley. Let's see Roxy! :wink1:

They are serviceable indeed.

And at least, we finally have a Joker figure that really has the costume shown on the series - and with white face.

Batman... Well, I personally can't get over this:

View attachment 222932

Nice WGD, but not sure how high you have him perched, but aren't risking a fall, not saying they will break but..:dunno

Nice WGD, but not sure how high you have him perched, but aren't risking a fall, not saying they will break but..:dunno

He looks 100% spot on from that angle. I'm blown away.

Hahaha! I had my blanket and pillow bellow that (you can see them on the pic). And that is just above my bed.

Most impressive: he was all alone standing on the gargoyle. Nothing holding him.
Solid figures do that. :lecture

Does anybody know whether or not DC collectibles will be covering up the hip pegs on the TNBA Batman and TAS Catwoman for their supposed re-issues in the future?

Thanks in advance!

I hope so! the Pic of Catwoman with the Jack o Lantern on DCC shows her without the holes.

Just picked up my Harley at lunchtime and sadly I think it is the weakest release yet in the line. The Kenner figure was excellent and this one does not really improve on it apart from articulation. In fact it is a weaker in a few areas. Not great for a figure made nearly 20 years later.

The sculpt is a little soft, as mentioned her legs are too thin, (maybe too long?) and her waist is too thin. The red looks like it is a shade too dark and dull, and the paint lines are sloppy all round.

(This is on my work desk and the colours looks better than it does in person)

20151112_142451_zpsymzffmse.jpg

Will re judge it once it is in the display cabinet with the others but for now it is a real let down.

Does anybody know whether or not DC collectibles will be covering up the hip pegs on the TNBA Batman and TAS Catwoman for their supposed re-issues in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, they are.

My LCS had three Harley figs... One had a spot of what appeared to be brown paint on the tip of her nose??? Another had part of her blue pupil painted on her eyelid... I'm not sure what's wrong with the third one, as it seemed to be an obvious choice over the other two. I have them holding her, along with the goofy pupil one for me until I get paid on Friday. I figure I can open the one with the weird eye and correct that, while leaving the other in the package (I have all but Creeper, and I've only been opening duplicates; with the exception of the Batmobile [had to open that]).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back