DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Awwww thank you muchly guys! It means a lot!

I agree with your list DiFabio, I would only add Talia and maybe Lock-up :)

Next BTAS Volume should be Ivy, Scarecrow ans Two Face/Mr. Freeze ^^

I almost finished my custom BTAS Poison Ivy! What do you guys think?

Fantastic! You are gifted! You asked about other accessories, and I think it would be suitable for her to come with a carnivorous plant (something like little shop of horrors).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me want a DCC BTAS Ivy even more now. I hope she's in the next wave of figures after that Clayface wave.
I didn't know they announced a Clayface! That's awesome! Can you please post a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ He wasn't shown unfortunately. It was at SDCC, and they had a wave of figures that weren't allowed to be photographed. Supposedly in the wave are: BTAS Clayface, TNBA Harley Quinn, TNBA Firefly & TNBA Firesuit Batman.

Sometimes I worry about people sending emails to DCC.... I imagine that a fair few of them are just just fan boys ranting about something or demanding something in a less than professional manner. I feel for the guy reading those emails!

But it worries me since we now have this means to get in touch with them, and I'd hate if they took that away due to getting too many negative or demanding emails from fans. It's so rare to have this communication with a company like this.

Maybe I'm worried over nothing, and I certainly hope that people are being polite and professional in their emails to DCC. A little professionalism, politeness, charm and courteousness in communication goes a long, long way.

And finally, this post is NOT aimed at anyone in particular. I see people on many sites posting about how they're going to email DCC and I just cringe at the thought of those emails.....

You can be sure that I'm extremely polite and kind in the e-mails I send them.
First thing I write is a compliment, saying how I like the line and series etc, and then I ask my question in a very polite way.

As I said in the past few days, I like their TAS Batman very much, and have no need to bash them.
I'll just make a suggestion.

No, I didn't take your post personally, I'm just saying how I, personally, deal with them.

I must say that the more I see this Batman, the more I like him:

BatsandRobin.jpg

That's not what he means at all, stop taking things so personally all the time.

On a related note, dc has been reprinting the btas comics from back in the day. Volume 3 comes out this week and I highly recommend them as they're fun, quick reads and alot of times featured follow-ups to some episodes like bane, and I think even phantasm

Zelu that's the Ivy I'd pay for! DCC should hire you!

Phenomenal job! :hi5:

Can we change the subject and share our expectations for the Batmobile, TAS Harley Quinn and TNBA Tim Robin, please?

Me: I'm dying to see how Harley finally turned out. Can't wait to pose her with the gun, etc and give my Joker that laughin' fish.
Batmobile............ just take my money.

Okay, so I'll chime in my opinion on the newly released Batman figure based on all the pictures and videos posted online so far. I really like the body sculpt and colors of the costume. The sculpt looks solid and the colors are vibrant.

My biggest issue is the head sculpt. More accurately, the lack of detailing in the mouth section. The sculpt is so soft due to the flesh part being cast in plastic rather than painted which generally causes a great amount of details to be lost i.e. NECA's Rambo. On a design with minimal detailing to start with, this causes nearly the entire mouth section to appear non-existent. Had the mouth section been cast better and painted, Batman would have a more complete looking face.

Question to customizers like Zelu. Do you think carving out a more defined mouth with an X-Acto knife would help give Batman the facial definition? Also, maybe carving a line on both the right and left would help improve the details?
Thanks.

Okay, so I'll chime in my opinion on the newly released Batman figure based on all the pictures and videos posted online so far. I really like the body sculpt and colors of the costume. The sculpt looks solid and the colors are vibrant.

My biggest issue is the head sculpt. More accurately, the lack of detailing in the mouth section. The sculpt is so soft due to the flesh part being cast in plastic rather than painted which generally causes a great amount of details to be lost i.e. NECA's Rambo. On a design with minimal detailing to start with, this causes nearly the entire mouth section to appear non-existent. Had the mouth section been cast better and painted, Batman would have a more complete looking face.

Question to customizers like Zelu. Do you think carving out a more defined mouth with an X-Acto knife would help give Batman the facial definition? Also, maybe carving a line on both the right and left would help improve the details?
Thanks.

From what I've seen and what people have said, his "laugh lines" are there, but soft due to what you said,

I, personally, would apply a minimal ink there, like a bit darker skin-tone (rather than black) ink, just to highlight his lines. Would do the same to the mouth (rather than the weird black line of the prototype).
This should really work.

Carving out could really damage the figure and if you don't like the final result, the figure would be forever lost.
Paint can be removed.

Thanks again guys!

Yesd I'm also exited for Harley and I hope we will get her VERY soon!

@PharOOO I don't think this would be needed. I think you can just paint it and that would make enough of a difference. I should have the figure end of next week so I will confirm that!

Can we change the subject and share our expectations for the Batmobile, TAS Harley Quinn and TNBA Tim Robin, please?

Me: I'm dying to see how Harley finally turned out. Can't wait to pose her with the gun, etc and give my Joker that laughin' fish.
Batmobile............ just take my money.

Yes! I seriously can't wait for the Batmobile and see how it looks lit up once it goes dark. Also looking forward to getting Batman and Riddler too since they're not out here in the UK yet.

I had the same idea as you for the Joker fish! :D As soon as I saw that shown with Harley my first thought was "I'm giving that to Joker!".

Thanks.

Unless you're doing a full repaint I wouldn't recommend taking an x-acto knife to it. It will look pretty bad anyway you cut it, because it won't be a uniform color once the plastic is harassed, or as smooth as it should be. If you can just take a dark skin tone paint (do NOT use ink!) to the mouth area and that should help. Like WGD mentioned, similar to the TNBA batman of the first wave.

Hell, I just plan on just doing a new head sculpt from scratch on this. Im disappointed with DCCs work and I know I can do better anyway haha.

^ He wasn't shown unfortunately. It was at SDCC, and they had a wave of figures that weren't allowed to be photographed. Supposedly in the wave are: BTAS Clayface, TNBA Harley Quinn, TNBA Firefly & TNBA Firesuit Batman.

They are seriously doing a TNBA Harley and already resorting to Batman variants? Damn. The difference between Harls is minimal. Her face is a TINY bit more blue, that's about it haha. Sadly, I will still double dip.

My most wanted figure, by far is Clayface, but announced would be BTAS Mr.Freeze. I love TNBA series, but the best of that series has been covered, so I'm good to go. Bring on the BTAS!

TNBA Robin is my most anticipated out of the latest batch and probably my favorite design out of the entire Batman animated series. I can't put my finger on it, I just love the Black/Red combo and everything about that Robin worked for me personally. I have a special attachment to the original Kenner figure too, so this is a dream.

^ I think that it's an unmasked pony-tails Harley or a "bulging eyes" version. Can't quite remember which....

^ I think that it's an unmasked pony-tails Harley or a "bulging eyes" version. Can't quite remember which....

Cool, I saw that mentioned before, I just find it funny we are already getting so many Harley's haha. I'm all for it though.

Back