DC Direct 1:4 Scale Museum Quality Batman Incorporated Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think in the thread about this over at StatueForum might have some pics.

From what I've seen, this one has the nicest head/cowl on it and the best base. Both are better than the SSC Batman PF or the previous DCD MQ Batman (which has the best pose and cape).

museum1.jpg

museumcu.jpg

museum2.jpg

museum3.jpg

museum5.jpg

10102012813.jpg

I wish I could take that head and put it on the SSC PF and then put that on this base.

I'm not sure what it is, but the DC Direct "Museum Quality" Pieces I've seen just lack a certain Ooomph compared to Sideshow's pieces. The sculpts are all well and good, but their fabric outfits look slightly higher in quality than a Barbie doll.

Thanks for taking my photos off Statue Forum and posting them here. If I had wanted them on these boards for all of the SS crybabies to mewl over, I would have posted them myself.

I'm not sure what it is, but the DC Direct "Museum Quality" Pieces I've seen just lack a certain Ooomph compared to Sideshow's pieces. The sculpts are all well and good, but their fabric outfits look slightly higher in quality than a Barbie doll.

Proving my point precisely. This piece's cloth elements are vastly superior in quality over the SS Joker PF. Owning both always helps in making an informed opinion.

Last edited:
Proving my point precisely. This piece's cloth elements are vastly superior in quality over the SS Joker PF. Owning both always helps in making an informed opinion.

I'm just going by look, man. I'm sure in person it looks great, but from the video and multiple pics I've seen, I just like the look of SS better.

Just my opinion. I'm not an "SS crybaby." I'm just a guy with a rather expensive habit like everyone else here, and I'm not aware of any turf war between different statue forums.

Thanks for taking my photos off Statue Forum and posting them here. If I had wanted them on these boards for all of the SS crybabies to mewl over, I would have posted them myself.

So what tis the big difference in your opinion because my eye isn't seeing vastly superior. However, I am looking at a picture on a screen, and you have had them in hand. I will ask is the costume on the DCD one well done? It doesn't look great, but then again Internet pics aren't great. Also, are you getting the SSC Batman PF because that may be the best comparison. See not crying simply asking.

The only thing I don't like on the statue is the anatomy of the body. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as SS's. And yeh, you gotta give credit to who took the pics if you post em. Portrait is killer though, especially with the skin texture.

I think the cloth on Joker is amazing... and would like to see a comparison with SS Bats when he comes out, cause what I see he looks fantastic

I think the cloth on Joker is amazing... and would like to see a comparison with SS Bats when he comes out, cause what I see he looks fantastic

:1-1: The cloth on the JOker PF is very well done. Don't see anything wrong with it at all. :clap

I think the "cry baby" remark is to point out the knee jerk reaction of many people on this forum that no matter what, SSC stuff is better than DCD stuff. This just isn't true and never giving DCD any credit and statements that EVERYTHING that DCD make sucks is incorrect and silly.

On the topic of the Batman statues: the first DCD Batman MQ has a better pose and cape than the SSC Batman. The second DCD Batman MQ has a better cape, cowl, belt and base than the SSC Batman (the bat-cup is awful though it is what the Batman Inc. costume had in the comics). The SSC Batman has a very generic pose and base: Captain Morgan on a gargoyle, yawn. The overall costume and fabric is better than the DCD pieces. The face of the SSC Batman has the same "flatness" to it that the 1:1 SSC Batman bust did: it looks like he got hit in the face with a frying pan. That was a poor artistic choice.

The three statues are a lot closer in terms of overall quality and artistic merit than most people around here are willing to admit.

Mixing and matching the three would make the best statue: the pose from the first DCD Batman; most of the costume from the SSC Batman; and the cape, cowl, belt and base from the second DCD Batman. That would be nearly perfect.

Similarly, the Green Lantern MQ from DCD is superior in many ways to the SSC Green Lantern. The Wonder Woman MQ (with her cape removed) from DCD is equal to any SSC piece.

On the other hand, the Superman MQ from DCD is awful and the Superman PF from SSC looks to be nearly perfect.

For the Joker SSC PF vs. DCD MQ, the edge goes to SSC, but it's closer than most here would admit.

The DCD Harley Quinn MQ is also equal to anything made by SSC.

The DCD Catwoman MQ compares favorably the too big and too expensive Catwoman legendary scale piece (which is highly derivative of the DCD Covergirls AH! Catwoman).

On a related topic, DCD has consistently done a better job at making statues that represent a given artist's style than SSC has. For instance, the AH! Covergirls of the DC Universe all look a lot more like the AH! art on which they are based than did the SSC AH! inspired statues. In that regard, the DCD statues were MUCH better than the SSC statues.

Those are my opinions and I feel they're more balanced than most around here.

Actually, that does look very nice. In hand pics are always better then the ones they put online. The comparison shots between the SSC and this one will be great. I hope to see some side by side shots.

Just got this 1/4 scale for $289.99 shipped... not a bad price.. ebay seller still has one more up for sale, if anyone was intrested!

Last edited:
Back